Page 498 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 27103
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    there are plenty of people who can sell without having to find another place to live.
    How does one go about selling without having to find another place to live? Just squat after closing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My dumb ass neighbor sold his house the other day.

I asked him where he’s moving and his response was “staying in the area but wanted to cash in on the market, we’ll just rent until we find a new home”

Dude has 3 little kids.

Ummmmmmm.........yea good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    An old friend of mine tried that in 2004....his wife bitched about the rental for months and he was forced to buy back in at a higher price....in 2006..doof!

What I learned from this was not to dare try it unless you are single!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Its plain you do not run with the rich crowd....its time you stop speaking for them.
    In your head, I do.

And/or really stoned IME ^^
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How does one go about selling without having to find another place to live? Just squat after closing or something?
    If men really made all the housing decisions, we'd all be living in caves with awesome entertainment systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If gravity stops working today I can fly.
    Way off topic but I have an idea for a movie where the earth slowly loses gravity.

Women’s diets seem to start working all of sudden, they weigh a pound less every week. NFL kickers are suddenly nailing 70 yard field goals. Planes using less fuel.

Nobody knows why until a man with a certain set of skills.........

Okay sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    snip....

Literally no middle class person by any reasonable definition is paying more than 24 grand in state and local taxes + interest.

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's pocket change to them, genius.

If you're high income w multiple homes and have state and local income taxes the Tax Act of 2017 surely took a huge bite from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I looked after someones house for 5 years chopping wood/ pushing snow/ cutting grass, senior biologist buddy was always away doing fieled work or chasing woman or sft, i think rent was 200-300$

At some point when fallout from the great credit swap crisis eventualy made its way narth i was able to get back in the game

thanx America !

I doubt it a good time for the same strategy but life is a box of chocolates eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    It's clear you don't know what you're talking about.
    Middle Class income defined by a self-defined poor person: $50K a year to $100K a year
    Middle Class income defined by a self defined middle class person: $50K to $100K a year
    Middle Class income defined by government Statistics: $50K to $100K a year
    Middle Class income defined by an self-defined upper middle class person: $100K to $1.5M a year.
    Middle Class income defined by a self-defined rich person: $50K-$100K a year.

NOTE: The above doesn't not contain accurate numbers nor is in any way factual. Its is humor to poke fun at upper middle class people.

Middle class is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My dumb ass neighbor sold his house the other day.

I asked him where he’s moving and his response was “staying in the area but wanted to cash in on the market, we’ll just rent until we find a new home”

Dude has 3 little kids.

Ummmmmmm.........yea good luck with that.
    I know someone who did that, also with 3 kids 10 or younger. But it paid off for them. They got a rental, then scored awesome jobs in a ski town and are moving. But yeah, I think it's nuts, trying to time the market like that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Middle Class income defined by a self-defined poor person: $50K a year to $100K a year
    Middle Class income defined by a self defined middle class person: $50K to $100K a year
    Middle Class income defined by an self-defined upper middle class person: $100K to $1.5M a year.

NOTE: The above doesn't not contain accurate numbers nor is in any way factual. Its is humor to poke fun at upper middle class people.
    if you can find the right house, at the right time, that fits your basic needs $100K/yr is plenty in my experience. Having owned 3 houses pre $100K/yr, and 1 when I was just over that #. I'm far from rich, but I always thought owning a home was better than renting because its yours. Some don't like the hassle, I enjoy the work (most times).

Again, like most Americans, you confuse wealth with income, and vice versa.

Theres millions of hard working people around here who played by the rules all their lives. Buy a house in a good school district. Sacrifice for your kids. Yeah, it snowballed into 40,000 tax bills, but, the kids are well educated and shit works, in general. Then you change the fucking rules like that? With no warning? Fuck off. Fucking crackers in Kentucky don't give a fuck, and the really rich don't, either. The latter more than made up in other tax breaks.
    Again, no middle class person is paying a 40k tax bill just on their primary residence. Key words being middle and class. Upper class people, who should be paying more in taxes, definitely.

40k tax bill, oh woe is the person that owns millions in real estate.
    Live Free or Die

Now bring all that to shit hole Kentucky, and compare that to living in a great school town in Westchester.

Again, no middle class person is paying a 40k tax bill just on their primary residence. Key words being middle and class. Upper class people, who should be paying more in taxes, definitely.

You gotta live somewhere. And, if you want to be a player, you have to live next to a place like NYC

You gotta live somewhere. And, if you want to be a player, you have to live next to a place like NYC
    I'm not a player I just crush a lot.

If you want to be a player you can pay your taxes.
    Live Free or Die

And that, sir, is why 70% of America is a superstitious, angry idiocracy.

Should be some homes opening up for sale south of Tampa.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...ay-2021-04-05/

Middle class income is defined by the location in which the income is earned. Many expenses vary a great deal by location and need to be accounted for in any definition of what is a middle class location. The Tax Act of 2017 cost many in the middle class both equity in their homes and resulted in less disposable income in exchange for a minimal, TEMPORARY tax cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If gravity stops working today I can fly.
    I know you know this. But there are machines that can defy gravity. At least for a little while. But don't go jumping off any bridges, at least not without a parachute.

We did well when we sold our house last year, which closed last March. Then the stock market dumped and we had all this cash sitting in a bank account earning the staggering some of about 0.50% interest. Put it in the market. So far so good. Now if only the price of lumber would drop...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

You know the tax bill didn't start at 40K. In 2001(just days before 9/11) we bought a house @18K RE tax/yr in 2019 RE tax was 36K. Maybe the value of a home rises, but income doesn't necessarily follow the same curve. And the Tax Act of 2017 took all the "profit" out the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I know you know this. But there are machines that can defy gravity. At least for a little while. But don't go jumping off any bridges, at least not without a parachute.

We did well when we sold our house last year, which closed last March. Then the stock market dumped and we had all this cash sitting in a bank account earning the staggering some of about 0.50% interest. Put it in the market. So far so good. Now if only the price of lumber would drop...

Good for you!

You have obviously never lived in NJ.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch