Page 325 of 326 FirstFirst ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 8128
    Quote Originally Posted by mv2s4 View Post
    The allure of RE as a form of alchemy will vanish. Question is when and how quickly. I'm still trying to figure out how GenY owns such a little % of RE, but the fact ownership is suppressed to the degree it is does not bode well for the argument that the next generation *must buy* boomer RE. What if their bid is 60% lower and they'd rather rent & stay mobile, invest in digital assets/stocks/bonds? How do you make a market in that hypothetical without a complete inversion of the aforementioned dynamic?
    Well, yeah, that was my point above. But, Boomers aren't selling because, well, where are they going to go. They'll die in place over twenty years, and maybe one child will move in, or, if more than one sibling, they'll just cash out at whatever is offered, and, ouila, market value.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by mv2s4 View Post
    The allure of RE as a form of alchemy will vanish. Question is when and how quickly. I'm still trying to figure out how GenY owns such a little % of RE, but the fact ownership is suppressed to the degree it is does not bode well for the argument that the next generation *must buy* boomer RE. What if their bid is 60% lower and they'd rather rent & stay mobile, invest in digital assets/stocks/bonds? How do you make a market in that hypothetical without a complete inversion of the aforementioned dynamic?
    If you say so, it is absolutely nutz to rent forever. Talk about a waste of money. My kids are in their early 30's. Oldest owns a duplex with the bank and is in a solid situation. Youngest lives at home, saving money to likely buy this year. The Fed will always prop up asset prices. Home values are not tanking anytime soon. If your area has an appreciation issue, move. Location, location, location.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, unlike digital assets, everyone needs to eat, sleep, fuck and shit somewhere.
    #vanlife
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

per-square-foot figure was just more than $3,000 per square foot for a half-duplex in Vail Village. The other half of that duplex sold for just more than $2,900 per square foot.while a two-bedroom condo in Vail might be priced around $900,000, a similar unit in Beaver Creek could be $600,000 or $700,000

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you say so, it is absolutely nutz to rent forever. Talk about a waste of money. My kids are in their early 30's. Oldest owns a duplex with the bank and is in a solid situation. Youngest lives at home, saving money to likely buy this year. The Fed will always prop up asset prices. Home values are not tanking anytime soon. If your area has an appreciation issue, move. Location, location, location.
    I was pretty sure that your kids were like mid 20s at the latest. Weren't they like just in college?

Maybe I'm just having trouble keeping TGR member bios straight between you and Hutash? He's the California vet, you're the California mortgage guy? Did both you and Hutash have kids go to school in Montana?

In other news, your kids and I are the same age. I know plenty of millennials who own houses. I'd say most of my friends own at least one house.

I know plenty of millennials who own houses. I'd say most of my friends own at least one house.
    The only perspective you have is your own. This is some special shit. Values of real estate with go up and it will go down, just like any other asset class. Whether you are bullish long term is a bit of a different issue. It is not a commodity product. The answer is usually it depends.

One thing that I think is currently overlooked a bit in popular locations is now much the cost of new construction is driving the value of used homes. The 2x4s in your home are literally appreciating. Lumber is expensive, labor is really expensive, and bureaucracy is stupid expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by m376brkyaip View Post
    One thing to ponder - if your statements on cost inputs are correct, how is there "no inflation?" Because I see the same thing - cost inputs to a regular life are going up quickly yet I'm told regularly that inflation doesn't exist. Either the economist or the merchant is lying.
    Quit bringing economics and your theory out how the "imputed rents" concept systematically misses the real rate of inflation into the layperson real estate thread. That does not make for good cocktail take...well actually is does but those that understand it don't care.

The economic system is complex. Even if it cost them thousands, how many people understand MBS, ABS, securitization, how AIG functioned? Point been, for better or worse, too many people make too much money ignoring reality. At the personal finance level, it is hard to do anything other than throw your hands up, try to make a small pile while the gettings good and not walk around with the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by 3GwcJPGb3VbWFk95qYWTn4F View Post
    One thing to ponder - if your statements on cost inputs are correct, how is there "no inflation?" Either the economist or the merchant is lying.
    The BLS are a bunch of fucking liars. I buy everything for the family and I can assure you there is plenty of inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

wtf is up with this jong changing his name randomly every time I see it?
    you ought to change your name to chicken little
    skid luxury

From Econ70: "US new home sales fell to an annual rate of 694,000 in 12/19; a mildly disappointing end to a dismal decade which saw single-family new-homes sales average just 484,000/year. In the prior decade (2000-2009), single-family sales averaged 901,000, in the 1990s they were 700,000/year, in the 1980s 610,000/year, in the 1970s 656,000/year and in the 1960s 512,000/year. That said, 2019 sales topped 2018 sales by 10.3%"

Pretty simple economics- not enough homes= higher prices. Too many NIMBY's and high building costs to keep up with housing demand.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    wtf is up with this jong changing his name randomly every time I see it?
    you ought to change your name to chicken little
    JONG's name is a blockchain.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by s2h5a6 View Post
    Nice find, that ties in pretty well with the broader 'stall' thesis. This gender neutral pronoun was on the right track it seems:
    jesus fucking christ, you're replying to your other alias's post just to get more attention?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

He lost me at bitcoin like 2 pages ago.
    Live Free or Die

Seems like the mods could make this place better just by tweaking a couple of settings but no traction on that.

California SB 50, which was trying to promote more housing near transport, failed. NIMBY/local control still rules.

Bromontana finally lost it.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Seems like the mods could make this place better just by tweaking a couple of settings but no traction on that.
    BRING BACK TAGS.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    BRING BACK TAGS.
    #icemanskisinjeans #huskylatinwomen
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Bro.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Bout puked when I saw this touring a property today. Somebody slowly rapped this seat down 4 layers of material. How does this happen?
    Then we thought— sellers couldn’t spring $30 for a new one prior to listing..? What else is going on at this place? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5153.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	316185

OCD or IBS ? OCDIBS ???

one of my good friends is a home inspector most of the houses are run of the mill nothing out of the ordinary then occasionally he is disturbed by the filth and run down trashed homes he enters

did one recently where he went back to the car and got a dust mask to wear for the whole inspection another he was lucky enough to see 30 year old homemade wall paper consisting cut out photos from hustler magazines.