Page 724 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... LastLast
Results 18,076 to 18,100 of 26885
    That's what I was getting at with the 80s tv show reference. The house is as dated as Selleck's shorts.

What percentage of American workers do you think are currently working from home? In March of 2021, 21%. 79% were leaving their home like the old days.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...umbers/620107/

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, for starters, because I said so. But seriously, the kitchen is dated. Counters are tile, The cabinets could be refinished, but then you have refinished cabinets that look like they belong in a tract housing, and not befitting of someone who has a Ferrari in the garage. Plus, new state of the art appliances are a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker
    That's what I was getting at with the 80s tv show reference. The house is as dated as Selleck's shorts.
    You middle-aged soccer moms are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Toured this home a few weeks back - Price has been dropping like a stone. RE market definitely has turned down here in Bend, so for those mags who feel like they missed out, now's your chance!

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/2734-...5fbnVtYmVyPTA=
    Well, compared to the houses I've been looking at that thing is a screaming deal. They want over a million for a glorified shed in Santa Cruz. Ott's house is worth a fortune now.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What percentage of American workers do you think are currently working from home? In March of 2021, 21%. 79% were leaving their home like the old days.

Yeah, but I'm going to guess that % has tripled or quadrupled during the pandemic. Definitely enough to screw up local RE markets even if it's a minority of workers.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, but I'm going to guess that % has tripled or quadrupled during the pandemic. Definitely enough to screw up local RE markets even if it's a minority of workers.
    if you rtfa they say it peaked at 35% in may 2020. I think it’s more who got to newly work from home (rich techies) than mass of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    if you rtfa they say it peaked at 35% in may 2020. I think it’s more who got to newly work from home (rich techies) than mass of numbers.
    RTFA? Sir, this is a Wendy's.

My bad, I skimmed, but not well enough, clearly.

Peaked at 35% from what is the question.

35% peak from 0%, 5%, 20%?

Not answered in the article afaik.

Oooh, you just know their agent tried to persuade them to hire stagers and they were like "what do you mean? Our furniture is lovely!"

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15758445

Edited to add: what's with the blue undercabinet lighting? Think that's UV for sterilization, or just bad taste?

Wow...
    Name:  1837315_6_0.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  60.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

From the signs of traffic in the last 6 months I'd agree with that...rush hour is back to rush hour again...just not quite as bad as pre-covid....but still bad.

Oooh, you just know their agent tried to persuade them to hire stagers and they were like "what do you mean? Our furniture is lovely!"

Edited to add: what's with the blue undercabinet lighting? Think that's UV for sterilization, or just bad taste?

Wow...
    Needs more pissing cherubs
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Wow...
    Dat fridge, tho.

Wow...
    I try to talk people into the led lights that change colors all the time just for fun
    the husband is always like hell yeah and the wife is like no way
    you know he wants to get her drunk eat an edible throw on some disco and get funky as the lights change all different colors

Yeah, I guess the ladies don’t want to be as tacky as the diseased hot tub…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Also, the asking price for that place is bonkers. Unless they get what they're asking, in which case I'll be abandoning all hope of moving up there and staying here in PDX the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I try to talk people into the led lights that change colors all the time just for fun
    the husband is always like hell yeah and the wife is like no way
    you know he wants to get her drunk eat an edible throw on some disco and get funky as the lights change all different colors
    Hell yes. This is what I want in my next house. Instant disco just like this:

^^BTW, incredible performance by Oscar Isaac in case you haven't seen Ex Machina.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Needs more pissing cherubs
    My “new” half bath. It costs too much to fix.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1632176866.877053.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	386056

I know you're not considering that house, but just as an fyi, you do NOT want to live in Trickle Creek. There's a major hazardous liquid pipeline right behind the houses on the west side of the main road, a second one less than 1500 ft west, and an LNG trunk line about 1000 ft north.

I can't believe the audacity of 700 for that tacky manor. Those houses sold in the low threes when they were built, and were a tough sell at that. Mt Baker Hwy is loud and has 18 wheelers going to/from Canada all day, and in the summer you can hear Hannegan Speedway.

So from what I’ve seen it is basically 3x right now as the pre-COVID number reported by BLS was around 7% from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    So from what I’ve seen it is basically 3x right now as the pre-COVID number reported by BLS was around 7% from what I can tell.
    bls added work from home/telework questions as supplemental data may 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Cheap LED strips are popular with the kids these days.

I want to put some on my ski shell and spice up night skiing.

bls added work from home/telework questions as supplemental data may 2020.
    I see 6-7 percent as a common number, have a better source?

BLS called it “flexible workspace” or something to that effect pre-COVID apparently.

I looked at an island for sale. An entire island. That would be really cool. 5 acres.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Wow....
    At least they took the plastic of the furniture before that pics were taken. The blue lights fit in w the rest of the ugly lighting and bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I see 6-7 percent as a common number, have a better source?
    Depends what the question is
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/flex2.nr0.htm
    Somewhere between 2% and 25%. 7% as an answer seems to be people who worked at least one day a week at home.