Page 651 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,275 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    To me “Fuck you money” has always been money saved above your emergency fund, and not in retirement, that could enable you to fund a decent amount of time after telling a job or other situation to fuck off without withdrawing from those other buckets. This isn’t money to set you up forever, just enough to give you a buffer. It isn’t “fuck off forever” money. That’s retirement and/or other passive investments.

And for the record, I’ve never had the luxury of the “Fuck you money”.
    Man I wish I had fuck you money. I sure acted like it on a few jobs in the past. Always worked out in the end I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

How much of it is these newer services that you use to offer cash but then they sell you the house with a conventional loan?

Anecdotally we were competing against a lot of cash or really large down payments.

There's a lot of money passing down in estates right now, too. The oldest Boomer is 76, and the last Boomer is 56, so think of a lot of that money as a nice waterfall that will cascade for years. All of that locked up equity will be liquified pretty quickly if more than one sibling gets some. Bozeman, Ho! They're a little leary of Florida waterfront right now.

The new house appraised at full value..doubt they even went out. Only took 5 days to complete. 15% gain since April. No problem.

Benny, please tell me more about Bozeman.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think part of it is large groups of people moving from urban "expensive" places, to rural "cheap" places and bringing a lot of equity with them. And obviously people with big piles of cash from GME and Dogecoin.
    ^This, not to mention the other economies like NASDAQ and NYSE.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Benny, please tell me more about Bozeman.
    Bless his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Venture capital money requires certain paths
    and what path is that?

I have a weekend homework assignment for benny, can you give us a run down insider perspective of the cost of living, realestate and what it takes to live in either bozemen, jackson, telluride, and scummit? throw in park city and aspen for extra credit

Dude, Victor and Driggs just went into seven figures. All those other places are beyond the capabilities of mortals.

I am immortal? No that's another guy. Totally.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Cooda woulda.
    so enquiring minds want to know, at what point are you just a dumb fuck who squandered chances ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so enquiring minds want to know, at what point are you just a dumb fuck who squandered chances ?
    You could go back to the start of the thread in 2006, fifteen years ago, and see how many chances were squandered since then.

Bless his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Oh yeah, and you were so fucking smart the past fifteen years. Picked all the low hanging fruit, didntcha?

Oooh, someone needs more fiber in their diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh yeah, and you were so fucking smart the past fifteen years. Picked all the low hanging fruit, didntcha?
    Benny is an authority on winning in the real estate game. He has been kicking butt at this! His simple 3 point plan:
    -Buy a house
    -Lose the house to his ex in divorce (she gets to bang lots of guys in said house)
    -Buy a condo in some shithole Connecticut town where he can post about Bozeman RE trends and fondle his Hillary sex doll.

ETA: Bless his heart.
    Last edited by mfcf13; 07-16-2021 at 10:53 PM.

And the beat goes on.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    and fondle his Hillary sex doll.
    Does his Bill sex doll just sit and watch from across the room?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Does his Bill sex doll just sit and watch from across the room?
    My understanding is that Benny broke his Bill sex doll when he got a little carried away.

Damn, tough crowd in the Padded Room. Good night you filthy animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I’ve never seen more cash in Boise’s housing market than I’ve seen in the past year,” said Shauna Pendleton, a Redfin real estate agent in Idaho. “I just sold a $700,000 home to a cash buyer last week. The entire $700,000 came from his E*Trade account.”

Additionally, remote work has allowed homeowners in expensive cities including San Francisco and New York to sell their homes and move to less expensive areas, where they can often afford to buy properties in cash.

“Affluent homeowners in Seattle, Portland and parts of California are selling their homes for $1 million or $2 million,” Pendleton said. “Then they’re coming to Boise, where they’re buying houses that are twice the size for half the price.”

Investors, who often pay in cash, are wading back into the housing market after pressing pause at the onset of the pandemic. U.S. home purchases by investors rose 2.7% year over year in the first quarter, marking the first period of growth since the coronavirus pandemic began.

The rise in all-cash home purchases is posing challenges for many first-time and lower-income homebuyers, who are having trouble competing with cash offers. While competition is easing slightly, about two-thirds of home offers written by Redfin agents still face bidding wars.

“It can be difficult to compete with an all-cash offer, but prospective buyers should keep in mind that these bids don’t always turn into purchases,” Pendleton said. “Cash buyers are frequently the first to back out because they know they can compete in the market, so they easily get buyer’s remorse if they’re worried they might be overpaying for a house. That’s often good news for financed buyers because it means fewer bids to compete with.”

In Parts of Florida, More Than Half of Homes That Have Sold This Year Were Bought With Cash

In West Palm Beach, FL, 52.6% of home purchases this year were paid for with all cash. That’s the largest share of the 86 metropolitan areas in this analysis. Metros must have had at least 3,000 home sales from January 2021 through April 2021 to be included in this report.

Naples, FL came in second place, with 52.5% of home purchases so far this year using cash. It was followed by Nassau County, NY (50.2%), North Port, FL (49.4%), Port St. Lucie, FL (46.2%), Greenville, SC (45.4%), Palm Bay, FL (44.1%), Cape Coral, FL (44.1%), Des Moines, IA (41%) and Jacksonville, FL (40.1%).
    . . .

Boomer churn.

WFHomers are not paying cash to live in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Poonam can afford two sticks now.
    I salute you.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’ve never seen more cash in Boise’s housing market than I’ve seen in the past year,” said Shauna Pendleton, a Redfin real estate agent in Idaho. “I just sold a $700,000 home to a cash buyer last week. The entire $700,000 came from his E*Trade account.”

Additionally, remote work has allowed homeowners in expensive cities including San Francisco and New York to sell their homes and move to less expensive areas, where they can often afford to buy properties in cash.

“Affluent homeowners in Seattle, Portland and parts of California are selling their homes for $1 million or $2 million,” Pendleton said. “Then they’re coming to Boise, where they’re buying houses that are twice the size for half the price.”

Investors, who often pay in cash, are wading back into the housing market after pressing pause at the onset of the pandemic. U.S. home purchases by investors rose 2.7% year over year in the first quarter, marking the first period of growth since the coronavirus pandemic began.

The rise in all-cash home purchases is posing challenges for many first-time and lower-income homebuyers, who are having trouble competing with cash offers. While competition is easing slightly, about two-thirds of home offers written by Redfin agents still face bidding wars.

“It can be difficult to compete with an all-cash offer, but prospective buyers should keep in mind that these bids don’t always turn into purchases,” Pendleton said. “Cash buyers are frequently the first to back out because they know they can compete in the market, so they easily get buyer’s remorse if they’re worried they might be overpaying for a house. That’s often good news for financed buyers because it means fewer bids to compete with.”

In Parts of Florida, More Than Half of Homes That Have Sold This Year Were Bought With Cash

In West Palm Beach, FL, 52.6% of home purchases this year were paid for with all cash. That’s the largest share of the 86 metropolitan areas in this analysis. Metros must have had at least 3,000 home sales from January 2021 through April 2021 to be included in this report.

Naples, FL came in second place, with 52.5% of home purchases so far this year using cash. It was followed by Nassau County, NY (50.2%), North Port, FL (49.4%), Port St. Lucie, FL (46.2%), Greenville, SC (45.4%), Palm Bay, FL (44.1%), Cape Coral, FL (44.1%), Des Moines, IA (41%) and Jacksonville, FL (40.1%).
    Who is buying all these houses in Seattle and California?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    That’s a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    People with even more money than the folks cashing out and moving to Boise. I've never really seen the appeal of Boise.