Page 716 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... LastLast
Results 17,876 to 17,900 of 26794
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    If you have enough equity in your primary residence you could cross collateralize and potentially finance 100%
    Aaaah no. Residential lenders don't do that unless you get a hard money loan at a crazy high rate for 10 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    If you have enough equity in your primary residence you could cross collateralize and potentially finance 100%
    Boomer churn

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    The old where would you go discussion gets complicated once your roots get deep. The last few years have made it even more tricky.
    Proximity always wins.
    Not always. Unless by proximity, you mean distance, then yes, distance always wins. Either by being as far away as possible from your relatives or just close enough to not be too close.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

New Jersey isn't for everybody. If you don't like it , hit the road! Don't be surprised if you end up surrounded by jerkoffs when you get to wherever you're' going, hint - they're everywhere!

Hell I never thought I'd still be here at this point. Have ridden the real estate rails both ways, up and down. We sell now we'd do great, but I've got a business I've been building for the last 20 years and a large part of it's success is due to the fact that I'm from here. I couldn't move it at this point. I'm also pretty sure that my retirement party will be at my funeral so not too concerned about moving somewhere to relax for too long. I've got nice places to go within 250 miles each way. I've got NYC 12 miles away so that's a plus.
    I've got it sort of dialed in at this point.

I do so enjoy your banter in here people!

I need a real estate crash thread index on some key indicators next.... sky aint fallin yet benny

Not sure about the sky falling anytime soon although there are many people saying the end of the mortgage forbearance is going to create a problem. As I previously stated in this thread you would need 3M+ active listings in the USA for prices to start to tank. I don't see that happening for any reason.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    All people can count on is change. You need to get your little piece of the pie asap, because you will be eventually priced out. How many of us older doods who are retired / close to it could afford our present homes if we didn't have the equity from them? Not me.
    You hit the nail on the head. Millenials have now been through a recession, a pandemic, and now a stratospheric rise in home prices just in time for them to start buying homes lolol. Oh yea, wages have been stagnant since the 70's. Boomers bought their shit for a song with one breadwinner in the family. Times have changed. I wish some of these "successful" boomers (with only home equity to their name) could live their 20-30's in present economic conditions and figure out how to make it work. Hint: They will rent till they die, like the poor millenials now.

I only get to visit New Jersey for one week a year but I really like the proximity to NYC and the Jersey Shore. I could live there. Property taxes are frickin' off the charts though, at least in Montclair where my in-laws live.

Redfin CEO says buyers coming back and trend to off coast not over. Sacramento referenced as well.

https://youtu.be/oHCRQh_hQcA

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I only get to visit New Jersey for one week a year but I really like the proximity to NYC and the Jersey Shore. I could live there. Property taxes are frickin' off the charts though, at least in Montclair where my in-laws live.
    Stop by the shop for a beer next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    New Jersey isn't for everybody. If you don't like it , hit the road! Don't be surprised if you end up surrounded by jerkoffs when you get to wherever you're' going, hint - they're everywhere!

Hell I never thought I'd still be here at this point. Have ridden the real estate rails both ways, up and down. We sell now we'd do great, but I've got a business I've been building for the last 20 years and a large part of it's success is due to the fact that I'm from here. I couldn't move it at this point. I'm also pretty sure that my retirement party will be at my funeral so not too concerned about moving somewhere to relax for too long. I've got nice places to go within 250 miles each way. I've got NYC 12 miles away so that's a plus.
    I've got it sort of dialed in at this point.

I do so enjoy your banter in here people!

I need a real estate crash thread index on some key indicators next.... sky aint fallin yet benny
    I think the only thing that sucks about NJ is the property taxes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Unless by proximity, you mean distance...
    Not to break your balls too hard but wtf else would he mean by proximity?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Redfin CEO says buyers coming back and trend to off coast not over. Sacramento referenced as well.

https://youtu.be/oHCRQh_hQcA
    "Monopoly money"

Montclair!

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Montclair!
    Swank area, but also butts up to the oranges so .... Big money there and a nice downtown.

Montclair!
    Upper Montclair, if you want to get technical. They bought their house for 65k about 40 years ago and have been on the block longer than anybody. Now they're surrounded by investment bankers and a few celebs. The house was owned by a kooky old lady who had dozens of cats and lived in the basement, and needed major work when they bought it. It's still not "done." Still gotta be worth close to a million though. Most other homes on the block are in the 1.5 million price range according to Zillow.

Montclair is a nice place. Easy access to the bus and train into NYC, but really green and suburban feeling. And Newark is one of the best airports in the country IMO for easy in and out.

Upper Montclair, if you want to get technical. They bought their house for 65k about 40 years ago and have been on the block longer than anybody. Now they're surrounded by investment bankers and a few celebs. The house was owned by a kooky old lady who had dozens of cats and lived in the basement, and needed major work when they bought it. It's still not "done." Still gotta be worth close to a million though. Most other homes on the block are in the 1.5 million price range according to Zillow.

Montclair is a nice place. Easy access to the bus and train into NYC, but really green and suburban feeling. And Newark is one of the best airports in the country IMO for easy in and out.
    Concur on all points. I did a lot of work in that area. Also has/had a good head shop. Only one in the area, like besides the city when I was a teen. Was called "The Inner Eye".

Good eats and bars too..my cousin recently left a nice carriage house in Montclair for Hoboken. Single woman in her mid 20s working for Price Waterhouse. Smart kid, but life skills lack big time. Great money girl though accounting ba and master's in financial planning.

Not to break your balls too hard but wtf else would he mean by proximity?
    Well, to break your balls just a little bit as well, the whole relationship proximity factor, as in how close are you to your family, emotionally speaking.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Concur on all points. I did a lot of work in that area. Also has/had a good head shop. Only one in the area, like besides the city when I was a teen. Was called "The Inner Eye".

Good eats and bars too..my cousin recently left a nice carriage house in Montclair for Hoboken. Single woman in her mid 20s working for Price Waterhouse. Smart kid, but life skills lack big time. Great money girl though accounting ba and master's in financial planning.

Plus what *might* be the best used bookstore in the nation...Montclair Book Center. Spent many hours in this place over the years...the aisles go on forever.

Did I really just read a sentence that started with "And Newark is one of the best airports in the country..." I do everything I can to avoid that shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, to break your balls just a little bit as well, the whole relationship proximity factor, as in how close are you to your family, emotionally speaking.
    Come on man.

This house when up 3X in value in two years

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-08 162208.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	546.9 KB 
ID:	384838

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    This house when up 3X in value in two years

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-08 162208.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	546.9 KB 
ID:	384838
    ‘Bout time for a little Mammoth Craters earthquake to inject some reality into that market.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Did I really just read a sentence that started with "And Newark is one of the best airports in the country..." I do everything I can to avoid that shithole.
    As much of a shitshow as it can be, and I've spent a lot of time there, it's still a busy airport that serves a big swath of the world, and has easy access for millions

This Jersey love has gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This Jersey love has gone too far.
    Great tomatoes and corn tho.