Page 886 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 ... LastLast
Results 22,126 to 22,150 of 26889
    Easy to assume the worst of people to justify hating on everything and every one. STRs, WFH, SHO, etc have all existed in these places for many years. They've just become accelerated and exacerbated by the internet and Covid. Internet and the accelerated exchange on information has also made it easy to hate on everyone for something. No one is a saint, everyone does something that deserves some kind of admonishment. Landlords, business owners, STR owners, town council members, politicians, ski bums, renters, trust funders, tourists, locals, WFHs, vanlifers, the list goes on, hate them all!!!! Just STFU and get a job as a barista working for the locally owned (by some capitalist pig), fair trade, coffee shop, make sure you recycle, save your tips, remember to smile, froth that latte just right, and maybe, just maybe, no one will hate you, till you take your dog on a walk and you forget your poopbags.

Unless you live the dream in abject poverty, you are an asshole. Move back where you came from.

you whores to capitalism

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boulder...=hp_major_pos3

I'm moving to boulder thats where its really at people care about each other and the environment they are enlightened

i suggest a walk hike or bike ride or puff puff and ride away

You’ve got to pick up your dogs turds man.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    She probably received a forgiven PPP Loan too. https://projects.propublica.org/coro...search?q=59715 Blows my mind what some locals around here were given.
    if the govt is handing out money I suggest getting to the front of the line as fast as you can
    no shame in taking free money everyone does it
    people just get upset when they don't know how to run the system other people pretend they don't every take anything for free
    get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    You’ve got to pick up your dogs turds man.
    thats why I teached my dog to shit in a planter or some bushes thats why I live in the mtns bra

Definitely grab the money. But the crying when the risk/reward scale doesn’t work out is tiresome.

It’s the fucking internet. STD rentals would be hard to do with a newspaper ad

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s the fucking internet. STD rentals would be hard to do with a newspaper ad
    I feel like STD rentals would face a lot of challenges with or without the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I'll start charging 85$ for my bec's out of the promaster!^
    Maggot price = $37.

I had one of your breakfast burritos, you gave them out free at BBI, it was damn good. You could easily charge $$$$.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Unless you live the dream in abject poverty, you are an asshole. Move back where you came from.
    Hilarious! Sig worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Hilarious! Sig worthy.
    That's what I thought and is so perfect for this place
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you whores to capitalism

I'm moving to boulder thats where its really at people care about each other and the environment they are enlightened

I'm not core enough to have a WSJ sub, and they have a firm paywall.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    She probably received a forgiven PPP Loan too. https://projects.propublica.org/coro...search?q=59715 Blows my mind what some locals around here were given.
    That sent me down a rabbit hole of local grifters. A fucking church took 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Slightly OT. We had a bunch of flooding in Montana, it was in all the papers and a lot of people lost their asses.

Watching the news a woman who owns a bunch of STRs was whining that people are cancelling their stays this summer and its hurting her business and she needs the State to step in and help her out.
    Hmmm, too small to bail. Gov't really should help small business. Big business can take care of itself, And if not, it should be allowed to fail. But at the end of the day, let capitalism do its thing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you whores to capitalism

Made it to Boulder last weekend while visiting the father unit in CO. Pretty cool town. My brother says the people of Boulder are assholes. Probably because he went to CSU in Ft. Collins though.

I agree a pedal, or paddle or a run/hike in the wilderness would be a good way to go.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There's definitely a pretty good number of assholes here. Also some very good people
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Thank Trump and company who immediately refused to have any level of auditing around the funds (so they and their buddies could steal the most) despite it being part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There's definitely a pretty good number of assholes here. Also some very good people
    I'd put my money on more total assholes as a percentage of population in Fort Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd put my money on more total assholes as a percentage of population ANYWHERE.
    Fixed it for ya
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd put my money on more total assholes as a percentage of population in Fort Collins.
    Vs boulder? Or summit county?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It always struck me as odd when the classic "vocal local" type shit on the newcomer yuppy for this stuff. Its as if they think the yuppy didnt have to work their ass off, and made no sacrifices to get where they are now. And the vocal local always seems to conveniently forget about the massive, obvious, whole-reason-for-living-where-they-do-benefit that they enjoyed all these years that the yuppy didnt.

fastfred had a good perspective when he says that he doesnt really envy his richass clients because their vacation, is his life.
    Shit, I love making fun of the "local status" types long dicking each other arguing in the local paper while referencing how long they have been here, but I'm highlighting a small but important nuance in these small resort communities that corporate city monkeys here can't fathom until you've lived it, saw it, made fun of it, and laughed at it. It's like its a battle to some locals how "core" you can be out here.

Never experienced this "localer than thou" attitude anywhere else, in fact, the college i went to in the sticks called their locals "townies". It was not a connotation that was desired by anybody, including the townies.

I don't envy most of the rich with 2nd/3rd/4th homes here. After seeing how the sausage is made, Money clearly does not buy happiness, and these 2nd homeowners have a litany of their own problems/issues, and are generally unhappier than your average american. These problems would rank low on Maslows Hierarchy (edit: high), but they are problems nonetheless...

Kevo is in the right mindset with being honest about a situation and genuinely trying to improve things around his orbit, albeit not seeing yet what will eventually become obvious on to some of the undercurrent politics/issues in his new valley. TV is a big dick measuring contest just like the RFV if you get caught in that type of crowd.
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 06-27-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yes. Churches have employees.

Covid closed churches.

Fuck those employees!!!!
    Let them pray for mana from heaven.

#sarc.

But I would have no problem taxing the churches. Fuck this non profit shit. Just don’t profit. Then there’s no taxes.

Sounds like 2008 all over again.

Great news bunion. Demand destruction is the only way out of this mess.

And it’ll make the rebound more painful. Never break the bullwhip it’s the American way