Page 879 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... LastLast
Results 21,951 to 21,975 of 26794
    Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    12.4M HHs consisting of 31.5M people is quite a few by my definition.
    Uh, how many of those do you think are millennials? Median income peaks after WGs cutoff. There’s definitely a group of people making money, it’s also over represented some places. It’s also highly perceptionally over treated by media

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

If someone owns a house in one of those communities and is moving away -- maybe this is AdironRider's past situation -- are they supposed to sell for peanuts and not market value, because selling at market value hurts the community? If AR owned a house, I bet he sold it for what the market would bear when he moved.
    Pretty much this

I can deed restrict my home and get a cash payment of around 100k
    I can rent my house long term below market value just to cover my expenses and make a small amount of money each year
    I can sell my house off market to some deserving family or person for a low but fair value and make alittle bit of money off of the sale (200k - 300k lets say)

or

I can rent my house for 3-4 times what it costs me a month which is the fair market value
    I can sell my house on the open market and reap millions in profit

is it my fault I got here years ago is it my fault other people "made" me buy a house even though I didn't want to is it my fault I moved to a ski town in the 90s even though that was the last thing I ever planned on doing?

What is someone who can work remote and has the money to live most anywhere supposed to do? Live in shit holes because of they move somewhere they want to live, they'll be driving up the cost of housing? Or move somewhere they want to live, but then help with the problems that exist in their chosen community, even if they contributed in some small way to those problems?

If someone owns a house in one of those communities and is moving away -- maybe this is AdironRider's past situation -- are they supposed to sell for peanuts and not market value, because selling at market value hurts the community? If AR owned a house, I bet he sold it for what the market would bear when he moved.
    I'm not the one asking where adironskier is coming from. Don't really care-I find it entertaining and remembered some kevo comments so merely pointed it out. My thoughts on the matter were back in the thread a ways. I guess I could say do your own research but I don't care enough to even say that. We're so inundated with immigration (not just CA) and those people trying to change things that my apathy is showing. I have a pretty good deal going so I'll keep doing that. Some may say harnessing my inner fastfred. Peace be with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Except for Osaka Traditionally bad cuisine?
    Copenhagen is a world leader in cuisine - amongst others on this list. You get out much? Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Copenhagen is a world leader in cuisine - amongst others on this list (if you go beyond the obvious tourist trap restaurants in these places). You get out much? Try again.
    Did I need to bold traditionally? I’ve got a Noma cookbook, I can Rene redzepi, world foods changed alot in the past several decades. Try again.

Copenhagen is a world leader in cuisine - amongst others on this list. You get out much? Try again.
    I tried Copenhagen once.
    It made me dizzy. And my lip was sore.

Did I need to bold traditionally? I’ve got a Noma cookbook, I can Rene redzepi, world foods changed alot in the past several decades. Try again.
    I’ve been to Noma twice if you’re gonna dick wave. You should get out more - might curb that rage.

I thought Vienna had more interesting traditional food? Or is that just the pastries? Wasn't the croissant developed there?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm not the one asking where adironskier is coming from. Don't really care-I find it entertaining and remembered some kevo comments so merely pointed it out. My thoughts on the matter were back in the thread a ways. I guess I could say do your own research but I don't care enough to even say that. We're so inundated with immigration (not just CA) and those people trying to change things that my apathy is showing. I have a pretty good deal going so I'll keep doing that. Some may say harnessing my inner fastfred. Peace be with you.
    I don't need to do my research, and I have e-known Kevo for a long time and know generally where he's coming from in this thread. I had a pretty good deal here in another hotspot, owned a house bought 16 years ago, value increased a ton, and even though that was good for my wallet, I still complained about what those increases were doing to my town. Does that make me a hypocrite? And when I was forced to sell last year, I didn't sell for pennies on the dollar, I sold for market value. Does that make me a hypocrite? And now that I am back to renting, I am hoping for a market crash, does that make me a hypocrite?

If Kevo was campaigning against affordable housing measures while at the same time lamenting about how unaffordable his community was, that would be one thing, but all he did was move to town and buy a place. I hardly think he's a hypocrite for also seeing how the unaffordability is a problem, even if he was able to afford it. Again, what's the alternative?

It seems a lot like the people who complain about all the new people moving to town, making it crowded, when they did the same thing just 5, 10, or 15 years ago. I moved to Colorado 30 years ago, and I do complain about the crowds, but not about the people who move here. I get why they do, it's the same reason I did.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’ve been to Noma twice if you’re gonna dick wave. You should get out more - might curb that rage.
    If you want to misread a post and get indignant like adironrider, have at it. I’ve got an interest in traditional foods and it’s generally not to the taste of someone who’s been to noma twice, hence my point.

Sorry. It was a great point that traditional cuisine sucks in the majority of countries on earth. Super relevant to their current livability. I see it now.

Sorry. It was a great point that traditional cuisine sucks in the majority of countries on earth. Super relevant to their current livability. I see it now.
    better to double down on your butthurt, to argue current live ability and culinary prowess is predictive of future live ability and culinary prowess

Go celebrate your internet win with some maize and bannock.

Go celebrate your internet win with some maize and bannock.
    Celebrate your internet win with some overpriced precolombian exchange grains and greens noma

I don't need to do my research, and I have e-known Kevo for a long time and know generally where he's coming from in this thread. I had a pretty good deal here in another hotspot, owned a house bought 16 years ago, value increased a ton, and even though that was good for my wallet, I still complained about what those increases were doing to my town. Does that make me a hypocrite? And when I was forced to sell last year, I didn't sell for pennies on the dollar, I sold for market value. Does that make me a hypocrite? And now that I am back to renting, I am hoping for a market crash, does that make me a hypocrite?

If Kevo was campaigning against affordable housing measures while at the same time lamenting about how unaffordable his community was, that would be one thing, but all he did was move to town and buy a place. I hardly think he's a hypocrite for also seeing how the unaffordability is a problem, even if he was able to afford it. Again, what's the alternative?

It seems a lot like the people who complain about all the new people moving to town, making it crowded, when they did the same thing just 5, 10, or 15 years ago. I moved to Colorado 30 years ago, and I do complain about the crowds, but not about the people who move here. I get why they do, it's the same reason I did.
    I thought this was about kevo, not you? Maybe you have some issues with your personal situation that I can't help you work out.

And I guess if it's an e-dick measuring contest, I've posted alongside kevo for a long time. Here's the research you don't need to do. He moved to TV and then bitched about the tax structure and how it didn't help local municipal employees afford the cost of living in TV. He also didn't understand it completely and based some comments on things he had heard, not how the statutes read. Some people thought that was ironic. The classic comments were made. We all get it. It will keep happening. I'm past it and don't blame anyone for it. Since you are not doing your own research, I will also say most of us said no hard feelings, I'm sure we would get along in real life etc.

I don't know why you felt the need to get in AR's ass over it. I don't know why I felt the need to provide a possible reason for AR's comments. Really-I appreciate a lot of what Kevo writes in a lot of different threads. Good luck to you and the market crash that will get you back to where you want to be.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

It's quite a conundrum.

Croissants are from Austria? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's quite a conundrum.

Croissants are from Austria? Who knew?
    So no obnoxious accent on cwuhsssuhnt?
    Decisions Decisions

We need to put a Germanic spin on that from here on out. Maybe Subtle Plague can write out a phonetic spelling for us.

I've been in 3 different situations (just visiting!) in just the past couple of weeks (inner city, farm country and a resort area) where people were bemoaning the new people buying and moving in and the changes and the higher prices. They're all against the new people but the oldtimers that sold to them get a pass. Why is that?

They're jerks too. We're surrounded by assholes.

You were in southie?
    Decisions Decisions

Which ten cities have never been in my kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    They all have McDonalds and KFC?
    but if it’s McDonald’s that serve booze the thesis is gone

Serious answer: just access to healthcare and low post-secondary tuition would produce a similar list

Semi-serious answer: whiteness. If that were the bread menu, I'd find a different bakery.

W

I've been in 3 different situations (just visiting!) in just the past couple of weeks (inner city, farm country and a resort area) where people were bemoaning the new people buying and moving in and the changes and the higher prices. They're all against the new people but the oldtimers that sold to them get a pass. Why is that?
    everyone needs to put someone down in order to make themselves feel good
    the easiest and best way to put yourself up there is to talk about when you got here things were better and different
    I was different back then everything is different I'd like to be 25 living in a cabin in the woods for the rest of my life if I could that town sailed this harbor decades ago

I know who pays the bills and my mouth is firmly on the money tit and I can't complain even when it tastes like sour breast milk I can walk out the door anyday
    but why would you? trails out my front door ski lifts general good vibe I look a dumb snowy mtns all day and people with money to burn

the only problem is we are a few weeks into the summer season and it's going to be hell on earth for the next two months this is where you just shake your head and hold on tight

I think it’s called a complete lack of self awareness
    skid luxury