Page 877 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... LastLast
Results 21,901 to 21,925 of 26794
    Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I was about to say - if you can't find a beer you like in BC - your manbun might be wound too tight.
    Kokanee works fine for me, eh

Boise $220k markdown on a $1mm house

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/6xfxs79p

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    Kokanee works fine for me, eh
    Shit is glacier fresh you know?

A trail building buddy of mine always says “there’s no problem a 6 pack of Konanee can’t fix”

Kokanee used to have a great add campaign with the Sasquatch and the bottles of Kokanee leaping out of the stream going up to spawn

There is soething to that glacier fresh thing cuz the stuff made in the Kooteneys in the Creston brewery was actualy pretty good back in the days when i drank macro brew but then Labatts bought them and it was just more Labatts blue depending on if your were drinking cans or bottles I don't think they canned in Creston
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Budweiser that comes out of that Creston brewery is also glacier fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    average house price in West Van is 2million usd - probably worth it too
    Just the dirt is worth 2mil. The house is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Basically the same here. Inventory up slightly, but still well well below "normal". Seeing increased DOM because spring sellers overshot the mark. Same sellers are the ones doing price drops. Priced right stuff is still moving very fast. Agent in my office listed a condo yesterday AM and had 12 showings scheduled within the first hour. Seller didn't attempt some insane price.......yet they will still make a very good profit in a few years time instead of a a decade. SFH median is over 800k.

June is always a lull here. Kids out of school, lots of people camping etc. July actually picks back up always. The overpriced stuff will eventually be price dropped and picked up or terminated. Personally, I think were in a tiny buying window for the savy buyer. There is stuff to be snatched. Desperate sellers who over shot the mark, then price drop, then freak about their DOM, then start taking below asking offers. It's happening, but I don't think thats the new norm. A slight adjustment period. New listings will be priced to move fast again, inventory will still suck. Calmer environment but I don't see TONS of new inventory anytime soon.
    Do you anticipate that there will be an endless line of buyers willing to pay not just significantly more than prices from last year, but also double the mortgage payment as well? I'd imagine that there won't be, but I'm sure you have a front row seat given the calls your office must get from interested buyers.

May 2021 median home price in Bozeman was $635,000. Interest rates were 3% for conforming 30Y. Assuming 20% down, mortgage balance would be $508k and monthly payment would be $2,142 per month not including taxes/ insurance.

June 2022 median home price in Bozeman $800k. Interest rates are $6.125% for conforming 30Y. Assuming 20% down, mortgage balance would be $640k and monthly payment would be $3,889 per month not including taxes/ insurance.

YoY cost of ownership is up more than 80%. With things starting to cool off in California, I really wonder how many more cash infused buyers there are lined up to buy in Montana. Certainly the local economy cannot support $4k mortgage payments for anyone other than local doctors and remote workers.

I was about to say - if you can't find a beer you like in BC - your manbun might be wound too tight.
    Oh, I didn't say I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Kokanee used to have a great add campaign with the Sasquatch and the bottles of Kokanee leaping out of the stream going up to spawn
    I was at some event years ago and some guy in a Sasquatch costume accompanied by two women in bikinis were giving out free Kokanees. Don't remember much else after that...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Here in town there are 2 in < a square mile, i call it "the Beermuda triangle" which is the triangle formed by the 2 breweries and my house
    "He entered the Beermuda Triangle, got lost in the haze, and was never found"

There are 12 breweries within a 2 mile radius from my house, and three more under construction. That's kinda what I was getting at with my earlier comment.

well I freely admit i am lost in the haze of life

you remember the archaic liquor laws back in the day so to come from zero breweries of any kind to a couple within a few blocks and one in every town is pretty good

and we don't have to live in America

Ha, looked up local metros and listings are down 30%

[thread drift] Remember back in the macro beer only days when everyone thought Canadian beer was stronger than American? Turns outs the main reason was alcohol was measured as percent by volume in Canada and percent by weight in the U.S. Alcohol is less dense than water, so a beer that's 5% ABV is about 4% ABW. Fun fact. [/thread drift]

That being said, Vancouver sucks, BC sucks, Canada sucks - you def don't want to move here. We are full!*

*This message brought to you by the BC NDP Party.
    the problem was rarely getting good beer in bc, the problem was a 6-pack of good beer could be twice what you paid in the states. Even bad beer was expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    How many customers do they have wanting mortgages? They just might not have much business these days.
    Seems like mortgage divisions at banks are shedding staff due to lack of demand. No surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/inves...ges/index.html

JPMorgan Chase is laying off employees this week in response to the spike in mortgage rates that has rocked the housing market.

“Our staffing decision this week was a result of cyclical changes in the mortgage market,” JPMorgan said in a statement.

Hundreds of JPMorgan (JPM) employees will be laid off, while hundreds of others will be reassigned, a person familiar with the matter told CNN Business.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the problem was rarely getting good beer in bc, the problem was a 6-pack of good beer could be twice what you paid in the states. Even bad beer was expensive
    Ya - significantly higher tax on alcohol in BC than most states. I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1/2 the price of a six pack is federal and provincial taxes.

But, we have to pay for the medical costs arising from the stupid shit we do when drinking it somehow. It's "single payer" not "free" after all.

All works out to an average.

more tax on beer to not have to pull out a wallet when you end up in the hospital from drinking too much beer - how could any TGR mag be against that?

And how many neighborhood breweries does a person need? Anything more than 3 sounds great but unnecessary.

Yeah go to hospitol they ask your name/ age and that it

Its not free but it is single payer so when LHutz cuts his hand openning a beer can ... we all pay

I remember the American on TGR saying " Yeah I think the universal HC is great except i don't want to pay for them fat fucks down south that gorge on BBQ " whoosh, uh dude universal mean everybody

If there were 3 breweries in the hood hitting all 3 might be a lotsa work

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Certainly the local economy cannot support $4k mortgage payments for anyone other than local doctors and remote workers.
    Eventually those are the only people who will be left there, along with the trust funders and boomer retirees.

It's weird the amount of people who are absolutely fixated on living in Bozeman. I don't get it, never have, but what do I know.

The best is Americans who show up in Canadian hospitals and are shocked that their treatment isn’t free 😂. They really never thought it through I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Do you anticipate that there will be an endless line of buyers willing to pay not just significantly more than prices from last year, but also double the mortgage payment as well? I'd imagine that there won't be, but I'm sure you have a front row seat given the calls your office must get from interested buyers.

May 2021 median home price in Bozeman was $635,000. Interest rates were 3% for conforming 30Y. Assuming 20% down, mortgage balance would be $508k and monthly payment would be $2,142 per month not including taxes/ insurance.

June 2022 median home price in Bozeman $800k. Interest rates are $6.125% for conforming 30Y. Assuming 20% down, mortgage balance would be $640k and monthly payment would be $3,889 per month not including taxes/ insurance.

YoY cost of ownership is up more than 80%. With things starting to cool off in California, I really wonder how many more cash infused buyers there are lined up to buy in Montana. Certainly the local economy cannot support $4k mortgage payments for anyone other than local doctors and remote workers.
    I'm with kevo on this

I understand where Whiteroom is coming from and I will paint a wonderful rosie picture too work booked well into next year no one pulling back

it aint that pretty though its downright ugly girl fucking out there
    have heard of many projects getting side lined due to costs I think joe blow wanna be billionaire was thinking around 400 - 500 sq ft to build his mtn dream home saved up got his ducks in a row
    the reality is 800 - 1200 sq ft construction costs
    lots of people thinking they can wait it out the thing is there is no waiting it out we are where we are cost wise right now and it's not going to change
    I can drop people fast these days by talking about money within the first hour

as I've said over and over all these economists and money brokers think they can predict the future and try to control it well
    they keep making it worse and don't have a real solid economic plan one side is grasping at straws and trying to do something the other side just lowers taxes and shouts that they are wrong but provides no real substance or ideas

a 10% mortgage a year from now is not unfounded it seems like a reality
    housing prices will catch up by november and big chunks will fall as properties sit
    the whole bitcoin stockmarket sold my home made a killing cash buyer has all but dried up

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    lots of people thinking they can wait it out the thing is there is no waiting it out we are where we are cost wise right now and it's not going to change
    Want to bet? If the housing market comes crashing down and 'Merica goes into a recession, construction costs are going to fall through the floor, and builders/contractors are going to be begging for projects. No more sitting pretty and fucking people over anymore with ridiculous overage and labor costs. I guess you've forgotten about 2007-2009 already?

Heh. Freddy just telling the people what they want to hear. HELOC crashing means the bank of house done

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    a 10% mortgage a year from now is not unfounded it seems like a reality
    1990 was the last ~10% year, per FRED, and we've been trending downward ever since.
    Buyers can handle a high interest rate or a high purchase price, but not both. That's the current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Want to bet? If the housing market comes crashing down and 'Merica goes into a recession, construction costs are going to fall through the floor, and builders/contractors are going to be begging for projects. No more sitting pretty and fucking people over anymore with ridiculous overage and labor costs. I guess you've forgotten about 2007-2009 already?
    LOL
    good luck with that
    my commercial property taxes will come down? my utility bills will come down my insurance costs will suddenly drop my workers comp will get lowered my payroll book keeper will lower their rates my financial advisor will drop their rates too unemployment and payroll taxes will be less cost of materials will be less getting people to show up and sweep a floor will only be 10 an hour sounds right can't wait

no begging on my part think I charged $8,000 to build some custom benches in vail in 2009 told her to take it or leave it (she's got her name all over vail she was a pain in the ass) so she took it
    also remember building one of the few houses in breck in 2002 after the dot cum bumble (we headed for another dot com reality check this year) we eneded up putting a sign at the end of the driveway "no we don't need any help" cause so many people were stopping buy

some people are running businesses and others are trying to make some money
    I charge a fair and reasonable price for the product and service I provide

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Heh. Freddy just telling the people what they want to hear. HELOC crashing means the bank of house done
    the idea that people have been using the HELOC ATM is scary and it's been widely used the past five years ooops

Nobody was doing HELOCs the last few years because you were better off doing a cash out refi. Maybe just in the last year did it make any sense to get a HELOC, and the banks were kinda stingy with them since they make very little money on them. I got one, just as a line of credit to help cover business expenses. Never really used it though because I haven't needed it. Now taking it to Vegas and putting it on red has occurred to me, but I just don't know.