Page 707 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 27076
    Notice how there's no offer review date? They know the price is unrealistic.

Still, someone will buy it and build a McMansion. Like this place a few years ago https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...23619613_zpid/ that was only recently completed.

They paid 760, then took it down to the studs both inside and out, and added a lot of extra sq ft.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    From Seattle north, the train tracks go right along the water. Same thing in most of Tacoma. So if you want to live near the water, you are going to live near train tracks. Some of the most expensive real estate in Tacoma is right next to a train track.
    The train itself is bad enough when you are on top of it....add into it the whistleblows at every crossing!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    The train itself is bad enough when you are on top of it....add into it the whistleblows at every crossing!
    I grew up a couple blocks from some train tracks that were used for commuter rail during the day, but ran freight trains a couple nights per week. I actually find the lonely, sad, slow whistle and rumble of freight trains comforting. Pretty sure my wife would lose her mind with the sound though.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I grew up a couple blocks from some train tracks that were used for commuter rail during the day, but ran freight trains a couple nights per week. I actually find the lonely, sad, slow whistle and rumble of freight trains comforting. Pretty sure my wife would lose her mind with the sound though.
    Oh no....nothing soothing about Bellingham trains....I too expected it to be not that bad until the first one rolled thru. At least along Edgemoor its below the cliff and the horn/bells don't get sounded. Chuckanut there are a few crossings at the south end and the train is right below you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scmkJNbp9g

the CN Train yard is 2 block from here and the whole down town, I got used to the trains but the fucking doves used to piss me off , fortunately the hawks took them all out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My Dad's place was built into the side of the hill in White Rock over looking the bay and the train tracks. I would sleep in the bedroom closest to the hill down on the 3rd floor and it was quiet as a crypt. I never heard them, but in the day they were pretty noisy. Fairly sure living/buying next to tracks would be a hard no.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    My Dad's place was built into the side of the hill in White Rock over looking the bay and the train tracks. I would sleep in the bedroom closest to the hill down on the 3rd floor and it was quiet as a crypt. I never heard them, but in the day they were pretty noisy. Fairly sure living/buying next to tracks would be a hard no.
    Looked at a house with train tracks literally in the back yard. Super nice house. With a pool.

But train tracks in the back yard? Even if I was fine with it that seems like an uphill battle to sell it.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Looked at a house with train tracks literally in the back yard. Super nice house. With a pool.
    My Dad knows a guy with a house just like that. Luckily, he's deaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My Dad knows a guy with a house just like that. Luckily, he's deaf!
    Was he deaf before he moved there?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    And more first world rich people problems.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...o-corporations
    So, timeshares.

^^^ we're gonna need Art to make a final determination on that

Was he deaf before he moved there?
    Indeed. Supposedly the house had been for sale a long time because of the tracks issue so he got a great deal.

Oh no....nothing soothing about Bellingham trains
    This in spades. There aren't that many crossings south of town, and they slow way down through White Rock, but in B'ham they roll through fairly fast, and just lay on the horn for four miles. And it's a dozen or more per 24 hr day - including 1 am, 3 am, 5 am...

I lived a block north of that street, and they would shake the whole house.

Great view....but would you fix up a house next to the choo choo tracks?
    Grandparents owned a house next to tracks. Kinda remember liking the choo choo sound but that was a really long time ago.

The open area around the tracks below the house worry me more. Possibly a future industrial lot.

View is nice, convert the carport to a garage so my bikes have a home.

This is a RR town so it runs right thru town, a bigger worry according to a carpenter bud is the RR workers who didnt really know much about carpentry would build a house on their days off and they often were built on wood blocks instead of cement foundation and the blocks would rot

the house next door was built from 3 shacks that were pushed/ bolted together, the interior wall between the kitchen and the front room is > 2ft thick, not a plumb wall in the house, the difference between the roof line at the front corners of the house was 7" a friend looked at the place and told me she almost got sick looking at all the crooked walls

but in this hot market it sold
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Very interesting read on the possible future of Air BnB. Could be wishful thinking, I don’t know.

https://survivingtomorrow.org/airbnb...i=6a0e2885f427
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Very interesting read on the possible future of Air BnB. Could be wishful thinking, I don’t know.

Very interesting; thanks for the link.

Interesting read, on a day when the same company made me $$$$ between stock and rentals.

I do agree on a lot of the points made in the article, but many are sensationalistic and over dramatized. I guess journalism needs to make money too.

they’ve got a great track record of predictions there.

Real Estate Crash thread

I’ve been a lap swimmer my whole life so pool envy is not new for me.

“Pandemic pool ownership was all over the news, and Houzz tracked this rise accordingly, especially “pools with water features” (think slides, fountains), with searches on that term up nearly 800%. Homeowners also sought out “rectangle pool” (up 576%) and their own lap lanes at home (with “lap pool” up 269%).”

I can wait. The pool builders will have slack soon enough.

Trudeau Vows 2-Year Ban on Foreign Home Buyers If Re-Elected

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-if-re-elected

Seems like this *could* suppress demand.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Caldor fire is 40 miles east of new address. I’m definitely concerned about future fire insurance premiums.

Real Estate Crash thread

Duplicate post.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the CN Train yard is 2 block from here and the whole down town, I got used to the trains but the fucking doves used to piss me off , fortunately the hawks took them all out
    First house we rented was on HBMtn Rd but the opposite way to the hill. Barn frame on cement slab. Second place was on Railway just up from Queen. Old home built around an old railway bunkhouse. Whole damn town built on a swamp, so any ground shake was amplified. Railway activity never bothered me, but then I have lived within a 1km of tracks most of my life. But do they still throw the cars for switching? That boom when the cars connected I never got used to. Enjoying a cold one at the HBMtn Lodge bar, and often with the rail workers, and they would relate great pleasure in sending those cars crashing into each other from as far away as possible. Assholes, but I did get a couple free pints from their pitchers on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Trudeau Vows 2-Year Ban on Foreign Home Buyers If Re-Elected

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-if-re-elected
    "As a temporary measure to help stabilize the housing market coming out of COVID-19, we will ban foreign money from purchasing a non-recreational, residential property in Canada for the next two years, unless this purchase is confirmed to be for future employment or immigration in the next two years."
    Thank god I can still buy my condo in Whistler and Revy. Seems like a populist, nationalist, law to me. But Canadian cities do have some of the highest real estate prices relative to wage of any place on earth. So something needs to change. It will be an interesting experiment. Seattle area should see a massive influx in capital as foreigners banned from investing in Vancouver look to park their money elsewhere.

I also wonder how this law is enforced? What is recreational property? If a foreigner wants to buy property, couldn't they just get a local to buy the property as an LLC and then become a 100% investor in the LLC? Seems like this will prevent regular people not from Canada from buying property in Canada. But foreigners with money will have lawyers to help them figure out a way around the law.