Page 592 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,800 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, this is probably true. Maybe leave a Quran on the table, too.
    If the city's assessing you for taxes, they'll probably assess you higher if you do that. Just put some crusty beakers on the stovetop and leave a pipe somewhere visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What are some tips to get the appraiser to give you a lower number? What's worth pointing out with regards to wear and tear, scratch and dent, maintenance, appliances, furniture, carpet? What do they pay attention to on site versus brush off?
    I think an appraiser can see all the deferred maintenance unless they can't see it, I once parked the leaky portable DW angle wise in the middle of the kitchen so it covered the lifted seam where DW had leaked before, the wife thot it looked stupid but she went along with it

another time the appraiser just asked me " how do you want it appraised ? " he said we can go high if you are trying to get more money on a second mortgage or whatever, i said it was for divorce settlement so you better make it right in case you end up in court

I had another situation changing mortgage companies where the mortgage broker may have talked to the appraiser " we need this number "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

People need to look into Detroit before it's too late to get in.

https://learn.roofstock.com/blog/det...tate-investing
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Market might start reigning in STRs on its own

The price for Ubers, scooters and Airbnb rentals is going up as tech companies aim for profitability.

The average daily rate of an Airbnb rental increased 35 percent in the first quarter of 2021. “Airbnb got too much dip on they chip,” another Twitter user complained. “No one is gonna continue to pay $500 to stay in an apartment for two days when they can pay $300 for a hotel stay that has a pool, room service, free breakfast & cleaning everyday. Like get real lol.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/08/t...smid=url-share

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    We've got a friend who does the cleaning for a STR and she lives in the ADU as a long term renter. She had to refund $200 to the last people because the landscapers came and put down new mulch. It took an hour and my partner who was staying in the ADU to kitten sit didn't hear or notice them at all. People are fucking stupid.
    Not quite following this one. Why did your sister have to refund $200? Landscapers drop mulch at the wrong place?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Scandal in CO's high country property tax:
    https://coloradosun.com/2021/06/08/e...thical-breach/

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Scandal in CO's high country property tax:
    https://coloradosun.com/2021/06/08/e...thical-breach/
    Sounds like normal biz practices. Appraise low, sell high.

Yeah I'm struggling to see anything more than counties trying to get more money in their coffers.

And their only source of proof is that the tax agent and the govt dude met at a Starbucks once. Nevermind the govt dude Settle seems to win more (2/3s) for the counties than he loses. I hesitate to say that it is corrupt for the two people that would be talking about these matters actually meeting up in person to talk about these matters.

Here is the nuts and bolts: "county taxpayers, schools and special districts are on the hook for more than $10 million in revenue if Cartwright’s clients win their ongoing appeals"

These counties sound like they are desperate for cash they don't have and don't want to raise taxes and ruin their political careers. They've made some promises based on revenue that wasn't guaranteed and now they are sweating.
    Live Free or Die

I have friends who bought a 2000 square foot new build SFH here last fall for less than $500k. Their builder is building another house with the same floor plan in the same neighborhood that will be completed in August. It went under contract for $800k in 2 days after it went on the market.

Any sort of desirable house here in Teton Valley has gone up by more than 50% in the past 6 months. It's absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I have friends who bought a 2000 square foot new build SFH here last fall for less than $500k. Their builder is building another house with the same floor plan in the same neighborhood that will be completed in August. It went under contract for $800k in 2 days after it went on the market.

Any sort of desirable house here in Teton Valley has gone up by more than 50% in the past 6 months. It's absolutely insane.
    Probably add 30% to the build cost with lumber prices, and copper wiring / plumbing materials all costing a lot more these days.

^^^^Damn, that is nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Damn, that is nutz
    We were talking with a local builder last night. Price of lumber has just started to come down from an all time high of just a few weeks ago. For a 2,500 sq foot home, that alone will add about $30k over the normal price just for the lumber. Throw in another $3k-$5k in additional cost for plumbing and electrical. Then there's the appliances. Wife was looking at some mid level gas ranges and fridges, and the prices have jumped about $1k. Not to mention you are going to wait awhile to get those appliances. (Issues getting temperature sensors, just like computer chips for the auto industry)

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, this is probably true. Maybe leave a Quran on the table, too.
    See here: https://www.npr.org/2021/05/21/99853...home-appraisal

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

How about a 1 bd/1 Bath on 1 acre.....for nearly 1.3 million?

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M12082-14637

But it has a teepee made by a local legend mountain man!
    Live Free or Die

Lumber broke below the right shoulder of H&S top. Points to another 20% lower but even there it’s still high historically

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

"A Designer's Montana Log Home situated on one acre in the coveted Aspen Grove Subdivision"

Well, that's the most ridiculous price I've seen for any property in TV. ...and Aspen Grove is so coveted that less than 20% of the lots have structures on them.

I think you might be confusing Aspen Grove and Headwaters, which appear to be the same but just right next to each other. Headwaters is basically empty but Aspen Grove is just one street (closest to pine creek) and the houses there are pretty nice but that is still crazy pricing. You also get to deal with the NIMBY in Chief Cindy Reigel in Aspen Grove so its probably a pain in the ass to build there.
    Live Free or Die

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Not quite following this one. Why did your sister have to refund $200? Landscapers drop mulch at the wrong place?
    They complained about said mulch dropping ruining their vacation experience. Whiny fuckers. I’m surprised they didn’t complain about golfers walking past since it’s situated along a golf course.

There's a garage and a teepee... both can be set up for AirBnB!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There's a garage and a teepee... both can be set up for AirBnB!!!
    It's on AirBNB for $400/night

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    was already posted and AdironRider assured us that it's a big nothingburger.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was already posted and AdironRider assured us that it's a big nothingburger.
    I will take that to the bank and cancel my forbes interview.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    They complained about said mulch dropping ruining their vacation experience. Whiny fuckers. I’m surprised they didn’t complain about golfers walking past since it’s situated along a golf course.
    Maybe we should kill all the golfers?

#caddyshack
    . . .