Page 747 of 766 FirstFirst ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,675 of 19128
    House across the street had the very 1970s hot tub built into the middle of the living room floor. At some point the coke or weed wore off and they just put some plywood over it and left it for the next owners.

Name:  Image1634326543.974767.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  19.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It's only trashy if your garage is carpeted.
    It used to be. A friend had some pretty sweet unused carpet leftovers after a local restaurant redid theirs. So I put it out there for a summer. Pretty nice when you are working on bikes and stuff to just walk around barefoot on carpet. Not so much in the winter when you are parking in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was seriously trying to talk the wife into putting a hot tub in our garage. Our garage has amazing sunset views, and we frequently hang out in there with friends in the summer drinking beer and playing games.

Apparently she thinks that idea is "Trashy" and wants to park in there so her car isn't "Cold". Whatever.
    Some mag did that and posted a picture. Looked like a solid party pad.

I was seriously trying to talk the wife into putting a hot tub in our garage. Our garage has amazing sunset views, and we frequently hang out in there with friends in the summer drinking beer and playing games.

Apparently she thinks that idea is "Trashy" and wants to park in there so her car isn't "Cold". Whatever.
    You let your wife know that garage hot tubs are just about the classiest thing you can do. Bonus if inflatable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2425.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	389149

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's a barber's chair, and the razor strap is still hanging from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You let your wife know that garage hot tubs are just about the classiest thing you can do. Bonus if inflatable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2425.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	389149

Well there it is. Defo classy.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Includes a Dentists chair in the living room.
    …is it safe?

Name:  b0b15dd213336f1dd7bffad5ac3d0e9b.gif
Views: 349
Size:  812.0 KB

Edit to add damnit Danno beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's ok to call it a Guido house, Benny.
    Thats not that bad, at least its not a 100'x50' box.

We live in a pretty conservative new england town. Check out these beauts.. right one was built by and Irishman in the concrete business and the left one has fish scale steel siding.

^^ wow. is that a special elective in architecture school? Can't remember ever seeing something quite like it in person

That's not guido.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

I don't mind those houses. Though admittedly, they'd look out of place next to a 200 year old farmhouse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

The second one probably looks more approachable under the correct aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^ wow. is that a special elective in architecture school? Can't remember ever seeing something quite like it in person
    It’s from the little known ‘minecraft’ school. Very influential among the 9 year old architects.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It's only trashy if your garage is carpeted.
    Omg I’ve had that.

Lol I’m such a skeezer

The second one probably looks more approachable under the correct aspect ratio.
    I've been in the second one a few times. Its massive inside and has interior concrete waĺls and floors. There's a lot of floor to ceiling drapes to counter the concrete. Better pic

I actually kinda like it.
    But I would want wood floors, for sure.
    What are the odds that there are two Teslas in that garage?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Might be now but a diesel truck and merc w prior owner.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I like it. Everything except the afterthought sticking off the right side.

I think it might be an architectural ‘tip of the hat’ to the iconic cantilevered houses in the Hollywood hills. But maybe not.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I've been in the second one a few times. Its massive inside and has interior concrete waĺls and floors. There's a lot of floor to ceiling drapes to counter the concrete. Better pic
    Looks pretty sweet to me. I’d of wanted more glass especially in the elevated room but…

That the box on the upper right must detach, and can roam the countryside on its mechanical legs, right? Otherwise, what's the point?

I like the box, and yeah, it need to be more functional. I hope there's a rooftop deck or something. I would at least put in an escape hatch via fireman pole (which could of course double as a stripper pole).

We are putting our rental condo on the market and seeing what happens. Market is just too hot right now. Gonna roll the dice and see if we can't 1031 the gains into something better. If not, we will just pay the taxes and move on.

If not, we will just pay the taxes and move on.
    Underestimated strategy. Cap gains are probably never going to be lower in our lives. 1031 is just tax deferment. If you can afford it, take the step up in basis and start over. Overly simplified but, it is what I'm considering. Exceptions would include if you planned to either move into your rental one day or figure out a reason to not sell it from income ever. There are also some ways to just park the money on dirt and not pay taxes but you gotta hustle to find some property associated income to make it legal. Good problems to have.

Man, I would think that an asset like a rentable ski area condo that has been locked into an inflation protected cost and is seeing double digit income increases practically every year is a stupid thing to sell. It's like those commercials trying to get you to cash out your "annuity" income (which, yeah, is fixed, usually) for a lump sum. "I want my money now!"
    There are a lot of people in Summit county that bought condos there in the late eighties for what is now pocket change that may be living off the income of a few pretty well. Money machines.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.