Page 684 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... LastLast
Results 17,076 to 17,100 of 26983
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    With the real estate explosion, the West's 80 year dominance over the East as best place to live has ended. Benny wants a big airport, which means near a population over 500k. Boise and Spokane were the last hold outs and now both are fucked. It never snows anymore in CA. OR and WA don't have enough ski resorts to support the exploding populations and the ones they do have are at low elevation passes where it rains more than snows. Half the West has no water. The places that do have enough water to grow trees are on fire all Summer long. You'll take years off your life expectancy living through a summer in Spokane or Missoula breathing that shit in on a daily basis.

Buy a cheap condo in VT or upstate. Enjoy the good days they do have there. And when it's shitty, jet across the pond.
    if you are gonna suck forest fire smoke for weeks do you want to be in Seattle, Minneapolis or NYC?

With the real estate explosion, the West's 80 year dominance over the East as best place to live has ended. Benny wants a big airport, which means near a population over 500k. Boise and Spokane were the last hold outs and now both are fucked. It never snows anymore in CA. OR and WA don't have enough ski resorts to support the exploding populations and the ones they do have are at low elevation passes where it rains more than snows. Half the West has no water. The places that do have enough water to grow trees are on fire all Summer long. You'll take years off your life expectancy living through a summer in Spokane or Missoula breathing that shit in on a daily basis.

Buy a cheap condo in VT or upstate. Enjoy the good days they do have there. And when it's shitty, jet across the pond.
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  24.5 KB

I laughed at "cube jockeys and oil changers"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I do wish he'd try to find a way to live that gave him more satisfaction (better quality of life), because he seems constantly miserable - always griping about something or the other.
    Is that real though, or just a shtick for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I laughed at "cube jockeys and oil changers"
    My job involves both so that one really hurt

You'll take years off your life expectancy living through a summer in Spokane or Missoula breathing that shit in on a daily basis.
    Plus it just sucks ass living through it.

I still think Duluth, MN is the place.

Lotta truth to that. Same goes for Abraham's storia di due Beniamino.

Inexpensive, accessible, uncrowded. Pick any two.

What's funny about this post is that most of what has changed the quality of life in the west (fires, smoke, drought, rain instead of snow, etc) is about climate change, not real estate prices. "Jet across the pond" won't help the East or Europe stay ok.

Benny, come rent Adironrider's house in Victor this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Plus it just sucks ass living through it.

Yep the next big migration is to the upper Midwest.

I like the idea of the UP, but have never been. Loved summers in the Midwest growing up (we were always back in Madison to visit grandparents), but guess winters can be rough

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...il/M9534178077

The place you're begging for doesn't exist. stick to what you know. do it, pussy.
    Where oh where is AlpineZone when we need him most?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It will be interesting to see what happens with Climate Catastrophe. I had a dream last night I lived in Nelson BC and I couldn't go skiing in February because it was raining and not snowing.
    Climate refugees could be on the move over the next 20 years for sure and that will change everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Benny, come rent Adironrider's house in Victor this winter.
    This has TGR gold potential.
    Live Free or Die

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I left Big Sky last month with $$$$$ in my pocket.

A) loving it here in Northern Wisconsin (hour southeast of Duluth)

B) holy shit real estate arbitrage is incredible. Sold a 1-bd slopeside condo and buying dentist level waterfront house.

I’m in my 60s and slowing down. Doubt I could ski 100+ days a season into my 90s. But I can certainly putt putt around in a pontoon boat at that age. Plus the Nordic skiing here in really really nice. I’m happy I made the move.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    This is the true story
    of Benny Profane
    and six of his "internet friends"
    picked to live in a house in the Teton Valley
    and have their lives recorded
    to find out what happens
    when people stop being polite
    and start getting real

The Real World TRG

I like the idea of the UP, but have never been. Loved summers in the Midwest growing up (we were always back in Madison to visit grandparents), but guess winters can be rough
    Summers weren't a walk in the park either... at least in MI they weren't.

And the U.P. - nice place to visit... but I sure wouldn't want to live there. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Especially with the return of BBI to Jackson this winter. We will make Benny’s rental into a frat house.

Sorry AdironRider.....

Name:  Image1628183254.950315.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  158.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This is the true story
    of Benny Profane
    and six of his "internet friends"
    picked to live in a house in the Teton Valley
    and have their lives recorded
    to find out what happens
    when people stop being polite
    and start getting real

The Real World TRG
    Episode1: BUNNY blows his ACL trying to load the Sublette Chair and has to go home.

Or he decides to stay for the complementary breakfast meats, and makes everybody miserable. Comedy ensues.

Former In-laws live in MI. Great if you love freezing rain and shitty food. Would rather live in Mexico TBH…

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  24.5 KB
    Is he though? I mean, whose to say New England states and their tiny low elevation hills don't also succumb to the climate change. Who the hell wants to stand in an hour and 30 minute long lift line to ski a thousand vert of refrozen man made ice?

WTH do I know anyway? Maybe VT becomes the new mecca of skiing with 600" of blower pow in a mediocre year, and Jackson, WY becomes a wasteland of large empty houses that once commanded 8 figure sums to live in. Just a bunch of deadender powder hounds, long in the tooth, sitting on the porch in 80F temps in January taking a hit of meth, reminiscing about the good old days when it used to snow in Jackson Hole.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Is he though? I mean, whose to say New England states and their tiny low elevation hills don't also succumb to the climate change. Who the hell wants to stand in an hour and 30 minute long lift line to ski a thousand vert of refrozen man made ice?
    Hey now... STFU. We're trying to be helpful here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I left Big Sky last month with $$$$$ in my pocket.

I’m in my 60s and slowing down. Doubt I could ski 100+ days a season into my 90s. But I can certainly putt putt around in a pontoon boat at that age. Plus the Nordic skiing here in really really nice. I’m happy I made the move.
    I think you are on point. Most of us here have what? 20-30 years left of skiing in us where it is a legit presence in our day to day (winter) life. Climate might not cooperate that long so you'll start to see more of us branch out. I'm hoping for semi-reasonable winters for maybe 15 years. But, fuck it, there are a lot of other interesting things to do in our twilight years. Now, generational minded people - their kids, they're fucked.

This story isn't surprising, but it is interesting to see the human faces of it. The CA/WA people are stoked on how cheap Boise is, the disabled vets and blue collar people are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    This story isn't surprising, but it is interesting to see the human faces of it. The CA/WA people are stoked on how cheap Boise is, the disabled vets and blue collar people are screwed.
    Paul Solman is always great to hear from.

Interesting that the one sale they featured was to a retired SF cop. Just one of a ton of really good pensions and lucrative savings opportunities that California state, municipal, and academic workers walk away with. There's a ton of that comfortable Boomer money flowing around the west with a really nice house sale lump sum added to dive into a cash sale with. The California taxpayer should be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Interesting that the one sale they featured was to a retired SF cop. Just one of a ton of really good pensions and lucrative savings opportunities that California state, municipal, and academic workers walk away with. There's a ton of that comfortable Boomer money flowing around the west with a really nice house sale lump sum added to dive into a cash sale with. The California taxpayer should be proud.
    Pathetic envy isn’t a good look for you.