Page 413 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 27101
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    No one moved in yet. Straight to update construction but the yard was dialed in before placed on market. I’ll update if she’s spicy
    Nahh not going out like that
    Dog. I'm talking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's just about maximizing square footage with setbacks I bet, it's more engineering than architecture.
    Man, that weird Japanese arch over the front door, the multi colored shingle siding, the arch windows, the way too big for the property. Plant some trees and hide that shit.

McMansion hell. https://mcmansionhell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Man, that weird Japanese arch over the front door, the multi colored shingle siding, the arch windows, the way too big for the property. Plant some trees and hide that shit.

McMansion hell. https://mcmansionhell.com/
    I think this is more my style, https://berlinarchitects.com/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I closed on the sale of my CO house today. The wire just hit my bank account. Feels kinda surreal to have walked away from my first house, but the ownership experience couldn't have gone much better TBH.

Congrats Kevo. Hope the 2nd home ownership goes just as well as the 1st.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    About a month ago a friend of mine followed my advice I had given him before and moved to Spain. To the Costa Blanca area if my memory serves me correctly. I don't remember the exact price of his duplex but I believe that due to the coronavirus situation in the world the prices will inexorably go lower.
    Brexit will do that, too. A lot of old Brits in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Congrats Kevo. Hope the 2nd home ownership goes just as well as the 1st.
    Thanks man!

This doesn't even take into account all the new construction going on in high end neighborhoods over in NW Bend. It's bonkers. Talked to two builders that are booked up for the next 18 months. I'm sure if you were looking to build a $700k + home on your own land, you would not break ground until Spring of 2022 if you were lucky.

https://ktvz.com/news/central-oregon...-in-september/

In a review of monthly third-quarter stats, Beacon appraiser Donnie Montagner noted a significant rise in sales of Bend-area homes valued above $700,000, starting with a 54% jump from June to July, continuing that trend in August and starting to decline in September.

At its peak, in August, there were 102 Bend-area sales of homes in the $700,000 to $1 million-plus price range, representing 34% of all sales – more than double the percentage seen last year.

The sales numbers did drop during the summer, from a record peak of 318 in July to 296 in August and 279 in September. At the same time, the average number of days on market for sold homes, as high as 115 days as the year began, dropped to just five days last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    This doesn't even take into account all the new construction going on in high end neighborhoods over in NW Bend. It's bonkers. Talked to two builders that are booked up for the next 18 months. I'm sure if you were looking to build a $700k + home on your own land, you would not break ground until Spring of 2022 if you were lucky.

https://ktvz.com/news/central-oregon...-in-september/

In a review of monthly third-quarter stats, Beacon appraiser Donnie Montagner noted a significant rise in sales of Bend-area homes valued above $700,000, starting with a 54% jump from June to July, continuing that trend in August and starting to decline in September.

At its peak, in August, there were 102 Bend-area sales of homes in the $700,000 to $1 million-plus price range, representing 34% of all sales – more than double the percentage seen last year.

The sales numbers did drop during the summer, from a record peak of 318 in July to 296 in August and 279 in September. At the same time, the average number of days on market for sold homes, as high as 115 days as the year began, dropped to just five days last month.
    Nuts. I'm surprised Bend isn't to the point where people are standing at the edge of the construction site and verbally out-bidding other buyers in real-time, a la Las Vegas pre-2008.

We got an unsolicited offer (well above 'market', whatever that means anymore) on our home the other day from a couple moving here (Ogden) from California. They mentioned our home specifically to the RE agent who is a friend of ours. She called my wife and asked what she thought and we told her that they can look, but the price is X, no negotiations. They offered to buy 24 hours later. My wife got cold feet and backed out. I was ready to take the money and run, we plan on leaving here in 3-4 years anyway. I would've rented till market correction and then downsized to something we could rent out when we go, but...no dice, she said too much trouble.

Bro in law is in commercial construction. Builds urban outfitters and anthropologie stores. That company doesn't take loans to build stores, all in house cash. He's been working all over the us, currently in vegas, but is clear booked for builds and updates to existing stores through 2021. He's cleaning up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    We got an unsolicited offer (well above 'market', whatever that means anymore) on our home the other day from a couple moving here (Ogden) from California. They mentioned our home specifically to the RE agent who is a friend of ours. She called my wife and asked what she thought and we told her that they can look, but the price is X, no negotiations. They offered to buy 24 hours later. My wife got cold feet and backed out. I was ready to take the money and run, we plan on leaving here in 3-4 years anyway. I would've rented till market correction and then downsized to something we could rent out when we go, but...no dice, she said too much trouble.
    its boomin here
    i git an unsolicited text every other week from an re investor and their always adressed to my wife
    so far no "i bets she'd take a mil" action
    were refinancing at 2.5 for 20 paying off some debt and the home eq line the solar was on
    The appraiser sent her highschool kid in to take pics
    i wish i had a picture of his eyes when he opened the man cave door
    ya im a ski gear investor
    and yeah ill sell anything if you gots bob barker cash
    im skeptical of the half a mil appraisal on a 1/2 remodeled house and the increase of property taxs
    but stoked on the refi and the market
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I have read elsewhere that the moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures ends early 2021. If that really happens, that is when the shit could start to hit the fan. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

From what I understand, there are about 8 loopholes on the eviction moratorium, as in if you don't pay your utilities or there is damage to the house you can still get booted as just some examples. There also hasn't been a rash of foreclosures, which I would expect if people weren't actually paying their rent in droves.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I suspect it wont be some cataclysmic event like 10-12 years ago when ARM's all reset.
    Live Free or Die

No foreclosures due to most home loans being able to request a forbearance at this time. At some point that will have to end. Hopefully those effected can sell before they are truly fucked by a foreclosure. I don't think this will be like the 2008 thru 2012 problem as anyone that has owned a property for 2+ years should have enough equity to sell. It will only effect those newly to the Home Ownership party whose employment was fucked up by Covid.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Real Estate Crash thread

Generally foreclosures / REOs are brought to market years after the initial default, and that was the pre-COVID process.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Generally foreclosures / REOs are brought to market years after the initial default, and that was the pre-COVID process.
    yeah dont the banks have some time? Like 5 years before they are required to sell those assets?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yeah dont the banks have some time? Like 5 years before they are required to sell those assets?
    I think the time line on selling a foreclosed home held by a bank is dictated by the bank's the balance sheet.

The banks selling the asset sometime after the fact is one thing, but people still get their asses kicked out sometime before.

I did forget the forbearance thing, but thought that only applied to primary residences? Looks like it did apply to 2nd homes and investment properties, so that would definitely stem the tide.
    Live Free or Die

Q3 sales of:

* luxury homes: UP 41.5%
    * medium-priced homes: UP 3%
    * affordable homes: DOWN 4.2%

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Q3 sales of:

* luxury homes: UP 41.5%
    * medium-priced homes: UP 3%
    * affordable homes: DOWN 4.2%
    I'd be curious how much of that is a supply issue. At least in my market, there simply isn't anything for sale in that bottom third of pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I'd be curious how much of that is a supply issue. At least in my market, there simply isn't anything for sale in that bottom third of pricing.
    I'd say all supply. Our low-end inventory here is non-existent.

3-4 years ago, my neighborhood was considered middle of the road with some affordable options bordering some luxury neighborhoods. Prices going $250k on up. Looking last night, there’s is nothing for sale <$1m within a mile radius. For those wanting to move here, they’ve got to be somewhat affluent. For those of us who would like to stay in area but upgrade, no chance even with gained equity in current homes. Sure, some could borrow and take out mortgages well into retirement but that seems a little silly. Supply side is tough on the low to mid end.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    3-4 years ago, my neighborhood was considered middle of the road with some affordable options bordering some luxury neighborhoods. Prices going $250k on up. Looking last night, there’s is nothing for sale <$1m within a mile radius. For those wanting to move here, they’ve got to be somewhat affluent. For those of us who would like to stay in area but upgrade, no chance even with gained equity in current homes. Sure, some could borrow and take out mortgages well into retirement but that seems a little silly. Supply side is tough on the low to mid end.
    Yup, the double edged sword. O look my house went up, lets look at newer and nicer homes. Da fuck? They all cost $1M now? GTFO!

^^^ Which is why there's nothing to buy, because nobody wants to sell, because there's nothing to buy.