Page 748 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... LastLast
Results 18,676 to 18,700 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, I noticed that when we listed our house 3 months ago, the zestimate remarkably changed to match our asking price.
    I think it’s they don’t want to be sued.

Zestimate magically jumps to listing price.
    Then slowly decays if it doesn’t sell.

Seen it dozens of times.
    . . .

Not even a hint of a slowdown in Crested Butte. I listed a condo at $800sf last week and immediately got a bunch of offers. Unlike what Kevo is talking about in Driggs, there are no big developments here, or on the horizon. If there were 48 townhomes at $600K here, they would all be under contract in a day. There is no inventory. None. And it keeps shrinking.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1633667154197.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	389619

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Pro Tip: fix bullet hole in front window, then list for sale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fixhole.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	389777

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    House flippppers are the bottom of the barrel in construction fast shitty cheap big profit shit work cant be overstated

Seems like buying over priced property and trying to flip cheap work didn't work out for the bean counters at zillow

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Pro Tip: fix bullet hole in front window, then list for sale.
    Haha, that's a good one. That looks to me as though the bullet went from inside to outside...am I wrong about that?

It's looks counterintuitive, but that's an out to in. The projectile bends the glass sending radial cracks outward on the back side. The resulting shards break off of the (now longer) back side.

Name:  bentglass.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  115.9 KB

Bullet was for comedic effect though. There's a pretty good chance it was just a weed-wacker throwing a rock at it.

Bullet was for comedic effect though. There's a pretty good chance it was just a weed-wacker throwing a rock at it.
    That's better than a shitbag kid with a BB gun, which is what we had in my neighborhood growing up. Littler twerp put a hole like that in a 5' x 5' picture window at the front of the house when I was in diapers, and I think it was still there when I was finishing up grade school.

Is that a B'ham listing? I thought I was looking at them all, but I missed that one. It's been slim pickings this week.

Yeah, it was this one

I was at Dark Haggen anyway, so I drove by out of curiosity. I used to be friendly with the guy who lived there (years ago) because we were both into old motorcycles, so I had been in the garage, but never in the house.

Yeah, it was this one

I was at Dark Haggen anyway, so I drove by out of curiosity. I used to be friendly with the guy who lived there (years ago) because we were both into old motorcycles, so I had been in the garage, but never in the house.
    Oh damn, we did look at that one, just didn't recognize it. Almost asked our agent to do a walkthrough, but we decided it's just a little too funky. Weird choices in that converted garage - fancy inlaid floor and cinderblock walls? I am pretty fascinated by that lazy Susan closet though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1853517_24_0.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	389806

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    House flippppers are the bottom of the barrel in construction fast shitty cheap big profit shit work cant be overstated

Seems like buying over priced property and trying to flip cheap work didn't work out for the bean counters at zillow

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Pretty easy to spot a flipper home. It's got Lowe's and/or HD DIY written all over it. py paint jobs where you can tell someone hardly bothered to prep or tape before hand. No symmetry. Each room looks like someone else designed it. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Pretty easy to spot a flipper home. It's got Lowe's and/or HD DIY written all over it. py paint jobs where you can tell someone hardly bothered to prep or tape before hand. No symmetry. Each room looks like someone else designed it. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!
    I see that HGTV look in a lot of flips, where all the walls are dove gray and they have the same LVP flooring through the whole house. Barf. It already looks shitty, in 10 years it will be as appealing as the worst 70s design.

Flips in this town seem already dated. It's like they were watching HGTV reruns.

Yeah that house with the broken window looks promising (and strange) online, but neglected IRL

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    "Barn wood" and grey walls.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I see that HGTV look in a lot of flips, where all the walls are dove gray and they have the same LVP flooring through the whole house. Barf. It already looks shitty, in 10 years it will be as appealing as the worst 70s design.
    I don't know what LPV flooring means, but, if it's the run of the mill composite everywhere in the house, then, yup. First sign of flipping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    "Barn wood" and grey walls.
    Which is why my house is getting new floors in a few years and most rooms repainted. Fucking assbag flippers. If I ever meet the guy that did our house...

Lol, it worked why should he care?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Which is why my house is getting new floors in a few years and most rooms repainted. Fucking assbag flippers. If I ever meet the guy that did our house...
    If zillow ruined the house market, pinterest is nearly singlehandedly responsible for the ruining of home renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Lol, it worked why should he care?
    He shouldn't. But I still want to kick in the junk and rub dog shit under his door handles. Same with the inspector my realtor used. That whole industry... what a fucking scam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If zillow ruined the house market, pinterest is nearly singlehandedly responsible for the ruining of home renovation.
    Agreed on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't know what LPV flooring means, but, if it's the run of the mill composite everywhere in the house, then, yup. First sign of flipping.
    pretty sure he means luxury vinyl planking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Same with the inspector my realtor used. That whole industry... what a fucking scam.

Same.

Probably still would have bought the house, but some of the obvious shit I’ve found…

Lesson: never take a referral for a home inspection from your own real estate agent.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Same.

Probably still would have bought the house, but some of the obvious shit I’ve found…

Lesson: never take a referral for a home inspection from your own real estate agent.
    Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way too. I'm working with a guy now who says RE agents never refer their clients to him, but they do put their friends and family who are buying houses in touch with him. No idea if that's actually true, but that does pretty much sum up my idea of a great home inspector.