Page 713 of 781 FirstFirst ... 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,825 of 19501
    The ultimate ski town song.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Welp, got beat out on a house in Bellingham by an all-cash buyer who apparently brought their contractor with them when they viewed the house. They sound like assholes. Gonna chill out for awhile and start looking again later in the fall.

Interesting thing about the all-cash buyer - we had an escalation clause with a higher cap than theirs - about 4% higher. But we were only bumping by $2k increments over the next offer, and the listing agent decided cash was a better deal. Sounds like our agent nudged the listing agent to make us a counter offer - we would have been happy to bump up by $10-$15k over the cash buyers - but the listing agent declined. I think the listing agent didn't act in her clients' best interests, but then, I'm biased. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We'll get 'em next time, at least I have more time to clean out our basement here in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Have you seen how much ghettobrook condos are going for?

Should have bought one decades ago. Oh well.
    Woah - 750k for a 2bd?!?! That's insane.

I think the listing agent didn't act in her clients' best interests
    You really don't know that without knowing the clients. These escalation clauses don't really represent sellers real well it today's market. But that's residential real estate for you. Everyone is angling everyone pretending to be an expert in a not so professional manner. Out in the real world "best and final" comes real quick. If the sellers wanted an auction, they'd have one.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Welp, got beat out on a house in Bellingham by an all-cash buyer who apparently brought their contractor with them when they viewed the house. They sound like assholes.
    They're all assholes. Was it this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Everyone is angling everyone pretending to be an expert in a not so professional manner.
    Lotta freshly minted agents out there in times like these too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Totally! How'd you guess?

Welp, got beat out on a house in Bellingham by an all-cash buyer who apparently brought their contractor with them when they viewed the house. They sound like assholes. Gonna chill out for awhile and start looking again later in the fall.

Interesting thing about the all-cash buyer - we had an escalation clause with a higher cap than theirs - about 4% higher. But we were only bumping by $2k increments over the next offer, and the listing agent decided cash was a better deal. Sounds like our agent nudged the listing agent to make us a counter offer - we would have been happy to bump up by $10-$15k over the cash buyers - but the listing agent declined. I think the listing agent didn't act in her clients' best interests, but then, I'm biased. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We'll get 'em next time, at least I have more time to clean out our basement here in Portland.
    I had a similar experience. Cash and fast closing talks loud for sellers.

Bellingham has been conquered by the Seattle elite. The Seattle elite can out elite pretty much anywhere on earth. They are ivy league educated, got perfect grades their entire lives. They made over 200k a year in their first job of their life right out of grad school. Just like they will out gun you professionally, they will out gun you recreationally too. They bust out 10k vert backcountry days like it's nothing. They are all trail runners. And they do things like bring their contractor to home viewings and make all cash offers. Find a place with a higher misfit factor. Mt. Vernon, Port Angeles, Olympia (these places are gentrifying rapidly, just not Bellingham rapidly). At least that is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Bellingham has been conquered by the Seattle elite. The Seattle elite can out elite pretty much anywhere on earth. They are ivy league educated, got perfect grades their entire lives. They made over 200k a year in their first job of their life right out of grad school. Just like they will out gun you professionally, they will out gun you recreationally too. They bust out 10k vert backcountry days like it's nothing. They are all trail runners. And they do things like bring their contractor to home viewings and make all cash offers. Find a place with a higher misfit factor. Mt. Vernon, Port Angeles, Olympia (these places are gentrifying rapidly, just not Bellingham rapidly). At least that is what I would do.
    This is good advice. I've seen those Chachi's all over the world. I can ski better than them and I can have more fun. But other than that, their game is tight. They kinda give off that vibe that they jerk each other off in the steamroom after checking out each others Strava. So not really my scene.

lol

And retirees. There's been a noticeable graying of this town over the last five or so years.

Boomer churn.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

the seattle crowd is in colorado too
    they are kinda funny people most of them are likable and good people
    but they like to educate themselves on the internet so they know everything and anything
    the kicker is when they forget to fully educate themselves and look stupid

unfortunately I have a good story but I just can't tell it on the internet it's pure gold seattle and bay area people do dumb things all book smarts and no common sense

So...anyone looked into / used flyhomes.com?

Those Ivy League nerds just better hope that the IIT crowd never gets into backcountry skiing. Pretty sure IIT Bangalore grads are 10x as hungry as some Princeton MBA.

Wow...can't believe that place went pending so fast.

And retirees. There's been a noticeable graying of this town over the last five or so years.
    That's just the Seattle elite's parents, who move there after they hear what an awesome place it is. Just don't let them see the pro-life abortion graveyard outside of town.

That's just the Seattle elite's parents, who move there after they hear what an awesome place it is. Just don't let them see the pro-life abortion graveyard outside of town.

Please circulate that widely on social media, maybe it'll slow down the influx

Almost none of the people who grew up in places like Bozeman, Bend, Bellingham, Jackson, Aspen are actually from there. It's just a bunch of people who moved there 10-20 years ago complaining about people who moved there 5-0 years ago.

The conversations I had with people on the chairlift in Bachelor last year were hilarious. My great grandparents are buried in Bend, my grandmother lived there (may have been first female to summit Mt. Washington). I have been going there my whole life and have lived there for a summer. But I claim no ownership of the place. Yet everyone I rode with would constantly lament about newcomers and the Ikon pass (I have Ikon). When I did some digging, all of them recently moved to town from California.
    I have a lot of people asking me if I'm a local when I ride the chairs at Bachy. Sometimes it feels like other locals need you to prove your bona fides by dropping street names and make sure you complain about how Californians suck at navigating roundabouts.

I work with a lot of homegrown Central Oregonians. They all want to leave when they retire.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So...anyone looked into / used flyhomes.com?
    I looked into them 2 years ago but they had a bit of a predatory vibe as they still call and send text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I work with a lot of homegrown Central Oregonians. They all want to leave when they retire.
    Curious where they want to go to?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Up here in the narth the holy grail for the locals is to hit it big and have enough money to retire/ sell the snowblower and move to the warm sunny Okanagan
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Texas and Idaho are the two most popular responses given.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The "Cemetery of the Innocent" isn't a thing in perpetuity; it's an event/demonstration by a bunch of religious kooks from Lynden (the only town in the state that had a trump rally). They set it up on some farm field along Hannegan Rd, do some press photos, and pack it up.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Florida. That's where all the yahoo's go when they feel marginalized in the more enlighten states.