Page 712 of 794 FirstFirst ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 19832
  1. #17776
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,971
    Ad: Minimum Qualifications: 700+ credit score, no evictions, no felonies against person or property in the last 5 years, $10,500.00 monthly income and 3 years good rental history
    Seattle (one of the most tenant friendly cities in America) has a law that says you must rent to the first qualified applicant. I think it is a good law that prevents landlords discriminating against families, race, ect. But a way to get around it is to make your qualifications exceptionally high so if the landlord is ever sued by an applicant who is turned down, landlord can point to the failure to meet their high qualifications. And when the landlord breaks their own rule and rents to the person they want (who doesn't meet the qualifications) they are not going to be sued about it.

  2. #17777
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    $2.4M in Bozeman....is this a screaming deal?

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...4928276_zpid/?

  3. #17778
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,246
    Whoever owns that did not grow up in Bozeman, 10-1.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  4. #17779
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Whoever owns that did not grow up in Bozeman, 10-1.
    LOL....there are 3 of them in that neighborhood for $1.7M+ some sold for $800,000 3-4 yrs ago. Some high end finishes in this newer swanky neighborhood across the main road for less $$ :

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...25621646_zpid/

  5. #17780
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Whoever owns that did not grow up in Bozeman, 10-1.
    Almost none of the people who grew up in places like Bozeman, Bend, Bellingham, Jackson, Aspen are actually from there. It's just a bunch of people who moved there 10-20 years ago complaining about people who moved there 5-0 years ago.

    The conversations I had with people on the chairlift in Bachelor last year were hilarious. My great grandparents are buried in Bend, my grandmother lived there (may have been first female to summit Mt. Washington). I have been going there my whole life and have lived there for a summer. But I claim no ownership of the place. Yet everyone I rode with would constantly lament about newcomers and the Ikon pass (I have Ikon). When I did some digging, all of them recently moved to town from California.

  6. #17781
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,834
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    But a way to get around it is to make your qualifications exceptionally high so if the landlord is ever sued by an applicant who is turned down, landlord can point to the failure to meet their high qualifications. And when the landlord breaks their own rule and rents to the person they want (who doesn't meet the qualifications) they are not going to be sued about it.
    And a way to exclude college students from a house that's only about a half mile off campus.

  7. #17782
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Almost none of the people who grew up in places like Bozeman, Bend, Bellingham, Jackson, Aspen are actually from there. It's just a bunch of people who moved there 10-20 years ago complaining about people who moved there 5-0 years ago.

    The conversations I had with people on the chairlift in Bachelor last year were hilarious. My grandparents are buried in Bend, my grandmother lived there (may have been first female to summit Mt. Washington). I have been going there my whole life and have lived there for a summer. But I claim no ownership of the place. Yet everyone I rode with would constantly lament about newcomers and the Ikon pass. When I did some digging, all of them recently move to town from California.
    Seems everyone I rode with on the bachelor lift that was 50+ years old didn't lament about the Bend newcomers...they seemed like they were the newcomers themselves...but nearly all of them were retirees or second home owners from Seattle.

    I think they are coming from all directions!

  8. #17783
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    I have to find new tenants for my place in Nederland. Feeling a bit conflicted on what is being paid up there considering rent pricing just a year ago. Lack of inventory is probably the biggest factor in that town but it's crazy rents have gone up 25%-40% in such a short time.
    So you can gouge someone and get the highest possible rent or you can set the rent at a reasonable level that covers your expenses puts some money away for repairs and gives you 200 a month in income you get to make the choice there are a million asswipes in the world today where everything and everything has a dollar sign attached to it choose who you are everyone is getting theirs you should too

    Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

  9. #17784
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,834
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Almost none of the people who grew up in places like Bozeman, Bend, Bellingham, Jackson, Aspen are actually from there. It's just a bunch of people who moved there 10-20 years ago complaining about people who moved there 5-0 years ago.

    The conversations I had with people on the chairlift in Bachelor last year were hilarious. My great grandparents are buried in Bend, my grandmother lived there (may have been first female to summit Mt. Washington). I have been going there my whole life and have lived there for a summer. But I claim no ownership of the place. Yet everyone I rode with would constantly lament about newcomers and the Ikon pass (I have Ikon). When I did some digging, all of them recently moved to town from California.
    So True. My grandparents moved to Bellingham in the 70s, but were always "from Wisconsin". Their neighbor across the street was "from Alaska" even though I don't ever remember a time when they didn't live there.

  10. #17785
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Almost none of the people who grew up in places like Bozeman, Bend, Bellingham, Jackson, Aspen are actually from there.
    So if I grew up in Aspen I'm not actually from here? Where am I from, then?

  11. #17786
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,824


    A very young James McMurtry

    But yeah, im not from here. I just live here.
    Should have been here bout fifteen years ago.
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  12. #17787
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Closed at 700k and the predatory douchebag buyer is renting it out at $3500/mo
    Huh, even at that price, I guess there's no guarantee it's cash flow positive. Probably just a bet on future appreciation, right?

    Whatever, they're welcome to it, the highest point in the ceilings in the upstairs rooms was only about 6' 6". I did like that garage though.

  13. #17788
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,670
    Before the latest wave to bend I almost moved there as I had never encountered such a friendly group of locals before who were happy to share details of places to visit in the area. This was back in early 2012 though.

  14. #17789
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,246
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Huh, even at that price, I guess there's no guarantee it's cash flow positive. Probably just a bet on future appreciation, right?

    Whatever, they're welcome to it, the highest point in the ceilings in the upstairs rooms was only about 6' 6". I did like that garage though.
    Sweet kitchen.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  15. #17790
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    LOL....there are 3 of them in that neighborhood for $1.7M+ some sold for $800,000 3-4 yrs ago. Some high end finishes in this newer swanky neighborhood across the main road for less $$ :

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...25621646_zpid/
    It's a pretty bold choice to put insanely high-end finishes into a bland condo with no yard or privacy from the 10 identical condos surrounding it, a bunch of neighboring homes that haven't been updated/beat-to-shit college rentals. At least the house on Willson has character/history and looks well taken care of. Not sure it's worth $2.3, but those super nice older homes on Willson never go cheap.

  16. #17791
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    It's a pretty bold choice to put insanely high-end finishes into a bland condo with no yard or privacy from the 10 identical condos surrounding it, a bunch of neighboring homes that haven't been updated/beat-to-shit college rentals. At least the house on Willson has character/history and looks well taken care of. Not sure it's worth $2.3, but those super nice older homes on Willson never go cheap.
    Those are condos? Damn...thought it was just a small house! Bozeman is the new Aspen and complete with all the big box stores and fast food joints!

  17. #17792
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,834
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Huh, even at that price, I guess there's no guarantee it's cash flow positive. Probably just a bet on future appreciation, right?
    Yeah, could be. Or it might be a placeholder - as in they want to move/retire to B'ham in a year or three.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15820681

    $700k for a so-so house next to the railroad tracks with a view of the port of Bellingham. I'm ready for the RE bubble to pop any time now.
    Looks like they couldn't drum up any interest in that one, but it emboldened their across the street neighbors to try for 650 (without the view) https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...23618050_zpid/

    Also FYI, Eldridge sucks for drunks side-swiping your car(s)

  18. #17793
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,870
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    So you can gouge someone and get the highest possible rent or you can set the rent at a reasonable level that covers your expenses puts some money away for repairs and gives you 200 a month in income you get to make the choice there are a million asswipes in the world today where everything and everything has a dollar sign attached to it choose who you are everyone is getting theirs you should too

    Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #17794
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Those are condos? Damn...thought it was just a small house! Bozeman is the new Aspen and complete with all the big box stores and fast food joints!
    Doesn’t Jackson already fit that criteria?

  20. #17795
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    31,499
    Well, at least we only have ‘little box’ stores.
    And what, two fast food joints?
    Every other one has gone bankrupt.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  21. #17796
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, at least we only have ‘little box’ stores.
    And what, two fast food joints?
    Every other one has gone bankrupt.
    McD’s and Wendy’s have had a drive thru line out to Broadway basically all day everyday since May.

    And while it may be gone, the Taco Bell Couloir will live in infamy!
    Live Free or Die

  22. #17797
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,288

    Real Estate Crash thread

    It’s gone??? I spent a few years living right under it.

    Edit - duh - you mean Taco Bell is gone not the couloir.

  23. #17798
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,824
    Have you seen how much ghettobrook condos are going for?

    Should have bought one decades ago. Oh well.
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  24. #17799
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Looks like they couldn't drum up any interest in that one, but it emboldened their across the street neighbors to try for 650 (without the view) https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...23618050_zpid/

    Also FYI, Eldridge sucks for drunks side-swiping your car(s)
    Sweet space, even has a convenient hanging rod right outside of the bath.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4281ffa6781b8e6aa8bf7e102c96a333-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	384204
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  25. #17800
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post


    A very young James McMurtry

    But yeah, im not from here. I just live here.
    Should have been here bout fifteen years ago.
    They say I should have been here
    Back about ten years
    Before it got ruined by folks like me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •