Page 362 of 381 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 9517
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I make no guarantees, it absolutely could go down, a lot. But your analysis of why it didn't go down as much in 2008 is really myopic and self serving. I don't need to look anything up, I have been living in the front range since 2000 and have been a homeowner since 2005, and my home was really fucking expensive even then. People bitched like mad about Boulder property values back then.

And I see you've become a local expert on QoL here. Well, people on this forum do bitch because of the sprawl and expense, but all that growth has led to a huge boom in the food scene, the arts scene, etc. Many people in the metro area would argue the opposite from your Eeyore take, they would say the QoL has gone up over the last 12 years.

If there is a massive economic collapse, everywhere will take a hit for sure. But I do not think the Denver area is in for a bigger hit than elsewhere; in fact I think the opposite. We're all prognosticating and I could be wrong, but all real estate is local and you don't know as much about the front range market as you think you do (and in actuality, lumping the "front range market" into 1 violates the all real estate is local thing, because a place in the Highlands will perform totally differently than a McMansion in Aurora).
    Oh, well, (Benny throws arms in air) oh, yeah, Boulder. Pffffttt. Like Boulder is Denver. It's been an upper class hippie refuge since people were doing orange sunshine. You guys were way ahead of S.F.. Of course it's expensive. And then you built a moat around the town with all sorts of restrictive zoning that essentially keeps the rabble out and limits building. Sorry, Boulder doesn't count. But, I'd put a few beers that Boulder survives well. The rich, as always, will do well. Look at this stupid stock market.

No, the rest of the front range didn't drop in 08 because it didn't bubble the decade before that along with a lot of America. The Midwest didn't bubble either. From what I understand, Denver was still hampered by oil prices and telecom busting along with the dot coms around 2000. You guys have figured out how to succeed since, but still can't figure out how Denver makes money in a unique way. Nice weather, though. Fuck I70.

Edit: One wonders how Boulder will withstand the loss of activity around the UC campus that normally has 40000 kids and who knows how much staff for more than half the year. You can probably kiss a lot of that away for some time

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My condo is still worth about 25% less than the recorded sale price in 2005. I bought it in 2014, and haven't seen much at all in appreciation. At least I nailed the bottom.
    let me help you benny
    the metro ny area is nothing but a cesspool of humanity
    denver metro and the front range as bland boring and uninspiring as it is, is still better than metro ny
    the weather is much nicer the access to outdoor amenities is much better so no matter how shitty things are people will want to move to the front range

Well, a lot of people pay good money to live in a cesspool. I guess if you are going to live in a cesspool, you might as well live in a nice abode.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    let me help you benny
    denver metro and the front range as bland boring and uninspiring as it is, is still better than metro ny
    the weather is much nicer the access to outdoor amenities is much better so no matter how shitty things are people will want to move to the front range
    Thanks for the help, but, people move to where they can make money. You know, jobs. Take them away, and things go to shit.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Thanks for the help, but, people move to where they can make money. You know, jobs. Take them away, and things go to shit.

work is over rated benny
    it's all about having fun
    feel sorry for people who have to keep up with the jonses and work hard to have a bunch of bullshit and a nice house

work is over rated benny
    it's all about having fun
    feel sorry for people who have to keep up with the jonses and work hard to have a bunch of bullshit and a nice house
    You're laying it on thick tonight, Fred.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

let me help you benny
    I mean, we've got some problems here, but cesspool is a little harsh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALnuiCoIRpOMAf65Z9lM4w.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	330004

Name:	IMG_1646.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	330006
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Hurr durr housecoin only goes up

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post

Name:	IMG_1646.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	330006
    Agreed, I have seen so many beautiful pictures from back east, but for me, the weather and often the property taxes are a complete buzz kill. I would love to live closer to Yurp, but I just prefer West Coast weather and winters/snow conditions. If I won Mega Millions, I could see having my fall home back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post

]
    Whatever, you know there's 4 meth heads living in that bush.

I remember meeting a woman in Colorado who was from CT., and the one thing she said she missed most was the green. It's gotta get tiresome to live in a brown, dry place.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I remember meeting a woman in Colorado who was from CT., and the one thing she said she missed most was the green. It's gotta get tiresome to live in a brown, dry place.
    Spent 21 years in Seattle. Wet and green is over rated. But the fresh seafood is not.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Well, the sun comes out a lot in Ct..

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

It never ceases to amaze me how little you know about our state. We even have these trees that are green 365 days a year here!

That's just your opinion man. People who move out here miss the ocean too. Having grown up here I don't need either. Too much green makes me feel like I'm in the jungle and humidity is some real BS. Give me brown and dry with big mountains any day.

People tend to like the climate they grew up in. Not surprised you like where you live, but it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how little you know about our state. We even have these trees that are green 365 days a year here!
    You mean the beetle kill?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I spent 6 years in NJ. The humidity killed me every summer. I just can't handle hot and humid, unless I'm on a beach in Hawaii. Give me dry heat and brown any time. Oh, and a ski mountain 20 minutes from my door is real nice too.

You think it's bad in Jersey, try D.C./Baltimore.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

You mean the beetle kill?
    Have you even been to CO in the summer?

But they got the Lyme back East.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Have you even been to CO in the summer?
    Yes. It's not green.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Yes. It's not green.
    If you're thinking about vast expanses of Kentucky bluegrass, you're right. Same for UT, we don't grow that dumb shit out here. Why bother? If people are longing for the misty dewy looks of mother England, they can stay in New England. Watering a lawn is the dumbest thing a person can do out West. I'll take sage and cactus, they happily do their own thing without assistance.

God waters our lawns, dude.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Yes. It's not green.
    ORLY? Four random pics from the high country, from 4 different summers and 3 different general locations. I didn't have to go searching hard for these either, just went into my photo directory and picked random summer folders.

Name:  14d1scd.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:	IMGP8998-X3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	582.2 KB 
ID:	330060

Name:	NW20120015-X2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	506.5 KB 
ID:	330061

Name:	IMG_1406-X2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	672.2 KB 
ID:	330062

It's not "East Coast green", and it's fine if you don't like it, but it sure looks green to me and keeps me happy.

Bonus points for ID'ing the mags in my pictures.
    Last edited by Danno; 05-29-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    But they got the Lyme back East.
    True. The Midwest is the next emerging hotspot, I hear