Page 723 of 751 FirstFirst ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 18754
  1. #18051
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,716
    Lulz.

  2. #18052
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,543
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...040108315.html

    Top 10 U.S. overpriced housing markets
    1. Boise, Idaho -- 80.64%

    2. Austin, Texas -- 50.72%

    3. Ogden, Utah -- 49.70%

    4. Provo, Utah -- 46.16%

    5 . Detroit, Michigan -- 45.57%

    6. Spokane, Washington -- 45.21%

    7. Salt Lake City, Utah 42.41%

    8. Phoenix, Arizona -- 42.31%

    9. Las Vegas, Nevada -- 41.88%

    10. Stockton, California -- 38.50%

  3. #18053
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,320
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...040108315.html

    Top 10 U.S. overpriced housing markets
    1. Boise, Idaho -- 80.64%

    2. Austin, Texas -- 50.72%

    3. Ogden, Utah -- 49.70%

    4. Provo, Utah -- 46.16%

    5 . Detroit, Michigan -- 45.57%

    6. Spokane, Washington -- 45.21%

    7. Salt Lake City, Utah 42.41%

    8. Phoenix, Arizona -- 42.31%

    9. Las Vegas, Nevada -- 41.88%

    10. Stockton, California -- 38.50%
    Detroit, Michigan? WTF?

  4. #18054
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,550
    Motown is making a comeback.
    Except for the Lions, they still suck.

  5. #18055
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    <snip>
    Except for the Lions, they still suck.
    That goes without saying...

  6. #18056
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,374
    Detroit is overpriced at any price
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  7. #18057
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...040108315.html

    Top 10 U.S. overpriced housing markets
    1. Boise, Idaho -- 80.64%

    2. Austin, Texas -- 50.72%

    3. Ogden, Utah -- 49.70%

    4. Provo, Utah -- 46.16%

    5 . Detroit, Michigan -- 45.57%

    6. Spokane, Washington -- 45.21%

    7. Salt Lake City, Utah 42.41%

    8. Phoenix, Arizona -- 42.31%

    9. Las Vegas, Nevada -- 41.88%

    10. Stockton, California -- 38.50%
    But, why overpriced? I suspect average income levels are used vs purchase price, but, they don't say.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  8. #18058
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Detroit is overpriced at any price
    Detroit is home to way more corporations and businesses that fucking Boise. Like, GM, to start.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  9. #18059
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Detroit is home to way more corporations and businesses that fucking Boise. Like, GM, to start.
    CS's point still stands.

    FTS.

  10. #18060
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,647
    Posted a week ago as a 15,000 square foot double lot; this morning the empty lot was listed for sale separately and the original listing now states it's a 7,500 sq ft lot (but the same asking price):
    https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15813773

    Makes sense, but who's the nitwit that posted it as a double lot in the first place? Shouldn't you have that ironed out before you put it on the market?

  11. #18061
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But, why overpriced? I suspect average income levels are used vs purchase price, but, they don't say.
    It’s a historical price index comparison
    https://business.fau.edu/departments...-100/index.php

    the notion that dc and nyc are “underpriced” is insane to me.

  12. #18062
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s a historical price index comparison
    https://business.fau.edu/departments...-100/index.php

    the notion that dc and nyc are “underpriced” is insane to me.
    I don't see any explanation of methodology in that link, and I don't know what "historical price index comparison" means. Especially after the housing bubble in the mid aughts, in which Boise was extremely bubbled.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  13. #18063
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Detroit is home to way more corporations and businesses than fucking Boise. Like, GM, to start.
    A vote for James Piotrowski could have fixed this.
    Boise is Raul Labrador country.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  14. #18064
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    26,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A vote for James Piotrowski could have fixed this.
    Boise is Raul Labrador country.
    Where is Pio?

    Talk about something we could recklessly speculate on.
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #18065
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't know what "historical price index comparison" means.
    It’s a collation between price indices of the past

  16. #18066
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't see any explanation of methodology in that link, and I don't know what "historical price index comparison" means. Especially after the housing bubble in the mid aughts, in which Boise was extremely bubbled.
    why bless your heart bunny, here’s a biscuit for breakfast

  17. #18067
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    It’s a collation between price indices of the past
    A "collation". Uh huh.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  18. #18068
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why bless your heart bunny, here’s a biscuit for breakfast
    So you have no idea, either.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  19. #18069
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    A "collation". Uh huh.
    Bless your heart

  20. #18070
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So you have no idea, either.
    nah, you dementia ridden syphlitic boomer who won’t get the fuck off the snack bar, I gotta a good guess what it is. A lazy ass case Schiller curve fit , the you measure the difference, all set up to get free press.

  21. #18071
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    nah, you dementia ridden syphlitic boomer who won’t get the fuck off the snack bar, I gotta a good guess what it is. A lazy ass case Schiller curve fit , the you measure the difference, all set up to get free press.
    Doubling down with a little smack. That'll work. Case Schiller, indeed.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  22. #18072
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That goes without saying...
    After 40 odd years I should stop caring.
    My other teams the Broncos and the Saints made it all the way after being at the rock bottom for decades but not the Lions.
    Every season they just find new ways to suck.

  23. #18073
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Doubling down with a little smack. That'll work. Case Schiller, indeed.
    The Beracha and Johnson Housing Market Ranking is an extension of Case-Shiller and other readily available housing prices indices.
    go rim a sewer rat, while you fingerbang an opossum.

  24. #18074
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    After 40 odd years I should stop caring.
    You really should. I stopped caring around 1987, when I started driving and discovered grrls. It was liberating...

  25. #18075
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,800
    "The Beracha and Johnson Housing Market Ranking is an extension of Case-Shiller and other readily available housing prices indices."


    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    go rim a sewer rat, while you fingerbang an opossum.
    Oh, well, that explains everything. Sorry for the confusion.

    Btw, is it a collation of something, too?

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •