Page 693 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 27073

That sure looks like a really cool property for the money.

As a resident of Sandpoint, I can tell you the STR regulations have made little difference in house pricing and that the official city of Sandpoint limits are quite small.

IMHO its not the STRs that are the big issue. Its the boomer Californian type people coming with cash from their home sale in orange county + 6 figure pensions. 50 - 60 year olds, often calfire or LAPD husband + teacher wife. They overpay for houses and often buy all the toys once in town- side by sides, boats, Rubicon wrangler (with flashy rims), big diesel truck etc.

The STR are easier to demonize.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Heh, you must be new here.
    I laughed.

Talked to lawyer. Office is a block from the courthouse and is first name basis with all clerks. Should have answer in a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

If you don’t need to work, you could do better than Duluth. Head north to Grand Marais; better skiing, close to Canada, cheaper land, etc.

Well, he might want to go out to eat or see a doctor or talk to somebody once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well, he might want to go out to eat or see a doctor or talk to somebody once in a while.
    That shit gets a little more important as we ease into our golden years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    If you don’t need to work, you could do better than Duluth. Head north to Grand Marais; better skiing, close to Canada, cheaper land, etc.
    My sister spends most of the summer in GM...

So like a week and a half?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My sister spends most of the summer in GM...
    She just hopes summer happens on a weekend.

So like a week and a half?
    You're not wrong. But she's there for much longer than that...

Looks like they must get some tourists through there in the summer. Probably hunters and snowmobilers and whatnot too. But it's in the middle of nowhere.

I have family there. Cool town, if you like solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    As a resident of Sandpoint, I can tell you the STR regulations have made little difference in house pricing and that the official city of Sandpoint limits are quite small.

IMHO its not the STRs that are the big issue. Its the boomer Californian type people coming with cash from their home sale in orange county + 6 figure pensions. 50 - 60 year olds, often calfire or LAPD husband + teacher wife. They overpay for houses and often buy all the toys once in town- side by sides, boats, Rubicon wrangler (with flashy rims), big diesel truck etc.

The STR are easier to demonize.
    Driving north on the 95 thru Coeur d’Alene definitely gives the vibe that some of Orange County came with them (generic strip with Chili's, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, TJMaxx, ...) That said, if you know one that wants to overpay for a great place in Bonners Ferry, let me know

For all you TGR Equestrian mags...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/insi...180000663.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

North Salem goes, pfffft.

Looks like they must get some tourists through there in the summer. Probably hunters and snowmobilers and whatnot too. But it's in the middle of nowhere.
    Tons of tourists in the summer. Sort of the jumping off point for the Boundary Waters. But yeah, absolute middle of fucking nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Tons of tourists in the summer. Sort of the jumping off point for the Boundary Waters. But yeah, absolute middle of fucking nowhere.
    Heh - I didn't know there was a GM, MN. My sis' spends the summer in GM, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgehippy View Post
    Driving north on the 95 thru Coeur d’Alene definitely gives the vibe that some of Orange County came with them (generic strip with Chili's, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, TJMaxx, ...) That said, if you know one that wants to overpay for a great place in Bonners Ferry, let me know
    Nah man, that’s pure EWA/NID. These folks decry anything that might hurt the prescious local “small business” even though they’ll never eat at a local place because it doesn’t have a drive-through and it costs $2 more. They love themselves some chain restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgehippy View Post
    Coeur d'Alene has looked like a generic strip mall for the last ten years. The white bred Idahoans eat that shit up.

White bread Idahoans have been taking off the CA plates when they move in to Cd'A for a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Nah man, that’s pure EWA/NID. These folks decry anything that might hurt the prescious local “small business” even though they’ll never eat at a local place because it doesn’t have a drive-through and it costs $2 more. They love themselves some chain restaurants.
    the red robin in the valley was the busiest in the world 10-15 years ago. food options have come a long way actually, but i prefer the legacy traffic

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    And isle royale from the mn side. Also a cool craft school. There’s not much to the town, really, but some nice people. The covid closures rejiggered some mental maps, tons of people streaming north with canoes.

grand marais isn’t currently cheaper than Duluth, it’s pretty expensive https://search.redpinerealty.com/i/g...niums-for-sale once you head north of grand marais by not much things get cheaper.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 08-11-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Heh - I didn't know there was a GM, MN. My sis' spends the summer in GM, MI.
    Which, to be clear, is also in the middle of fucking nowhere.
    focus.