Page 380 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 27070
    I wish the Canadian (BC) market would crater. That and a strong USD would make a compelling case to shit, as I have been sitting on the pot a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I wish the Canadian (BC) market would crater. That and a strong USD would make a compelling case to shit, as I have been sitting on the pot a long time.
    Yeah - and you should do it before the USD craters...

My place is 3/2 with two walk-in showers and no fireplace. Not one person has mentioned lack of a tub or fireplace fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - and you should do it before the USD craters...
    Maybe we need a USD crash thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    My place is 3/2 with two walk-in showers and no fireplace. Not one person has mentioned lack of a tub or fireplace fwiw.
    Tubs suck and it's easy enough to add a freestanding stove if you want the fireplace ambiance. Not that you asked, but I agree that those things won't hinder the marketability of your place at all.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Tubs suck and it's easy enough to add a freestanding stove if you want the fireplace ambiance. Not that you asked, but I agree that those things won't hinder the marketability of your place at all.
    Nope, breeders want tubs for the little ones. That is why my rentals don't have tubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Lots of DINKS buying a home that size in that area.

I could see how a tub would be beneficial if you had kids (shudders).

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I’ve always been told that at least one tub was necessary but I agree. Who takes baths these days? But I guess some folks want to be able to bathe their young children so by not having a tub you are negating an entire demographic of young parents.

I took the tub out of my master bathroom when I had it remodeled. I thought about doing the same for the guest bath but instead I updated the tub to a cast iron tub for the "what if some buyer had young kids" thought.

I actually use the tub about once a month. Epsom salts are great after a long run.

No kids. Better half takes 1-2 baths a week and reads or listens to podcasts in the tub. Silly to me considering we have a hot tub out back. If I were single, I'd rip the tub out today and have walk ins. To each their own...

My expecting wife is riding me about adding a tub to an existing half bath. Part of me is like "2 full baths is worth it" and the other is "fuck me that's a lot of work for something I'll never use".

Point of the story is moms like tubs.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    My expecting wife is riding me about adding a tub to an existing half bath. Part of me is like "2 full baths is worth it" and the other is "fuck me that's a lot of work for something I'll never use".

Point of the story is moms like tubs.
    You're going to love tubs too when you have a two year old that spends a hour/day in there.

I'll just put this here. What a country.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florid...-jail-feds-say

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    You're going to love tubs too when you have a two year old that spends a hour/day in there.
    You can definitely get a lot of shitposting and beer drinking done while the little shits splash around.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You can definitely get a lot of shitposting and beer drinking done while the little shits splash around.
    *assuming you can do it while sitting next to tub ensuring your kid doesn’t drown. https://lifesaving.com/issues-safety...oung-children/

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I’ve always been told that at least one tub was necessary but I agree. Who takes baths these days? But I guess some folks want to be able to bathe their young children so by not having a tub you are negating an entire demographic of young parents.
    We didn't have a tub in our master bath at our last house. Upstairs bathroom had one. But, if someone needs a bathtub in their master bath, then they can find what they are looking for else where. It never came up once in all the feedback we got from prospective buyers. Things like garage size, and size of the main living area were about the only thing that we heard back from buyers. And there were multiple families with young kids that looked at the house too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

When I bought my house the main bath was already gutted and all was left was a 1/2 bath. I came up with an awesome bathroom plan with a giant walk-in double shower that was completely opened. The contractor I was working with at the time and my RE agent talked me out of it claiming that not having a full bath would ruin the resale value of the house. I compromised and put a free-standing tub in there. Used it once, didn't like it. Every girl I dated while living in that house was a fan though. If I ever build a house for myself there won't be a tub in sight. Fuck those death traps.

No kids here, screw that. But I do love tubs and couldn't live in a house without one. Magical, glorious, stress-relieving tubs. Not to mention, I couldn't have got by without one when my leg was broken and I had to keep it elevated post-surgery. I've used mine 3 times this past week with salts to aid in healing and recovery. It's my own private spa, without the covid bullshit and hoity-toity chit-chat of other people around. I also like walk-in showers for everyday use but really, having both is the ideal situation IMO.

It must be a gender thing for sure.

Yeah I’m not saying the tub thing makes any sense, just that that is the reason people say you need a tub. My wife does love ours. Oversized claw foot tub. I’d rather have a hot tub. And trade the tub for a sick dual head shower with plenty of room for ummm.. activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    When I bought my house the main bath was already gutted and all was left was a 1/2 bath. I came up with an awesome bathroom plan with a giant walk-in double shower that was completely opened. The contractor I was working with at the time and my RE agent talked me out of it claiming that not having a full bath would ruin the resale value of the house. I compromised and put a free-standing tub in there. Used it once, didn't like it. Every girl I dated while living in that house was a fan though. If I ever build a house for myself there won't be a tub in sight. Fuck those death traps.
    Never listen to realtors when it comes to your house. If it were up to them every house would be 3br/2ba boring generic. When it's time to sell you're better off with something distinctive. One buyer will walk in, see your awesome shower, sold.

I have one offer $780k contingent on appraisal and sell their house. I’ll take it if all I get. Typical buyer for the barrio and not an urban relocation.

Yeah I’m not saying the tub thing makes any sense, just that that is the reason people say you need a tub. My wife does love ours. Oversized claw foot tub. I’d rather have a hot tub. And trade the tub for a sick dual head shower with plenty of room for ummm.. activities.
    +1 on the hot tub. Hoping to have one for the next living abode. Although, I hear the maintenance can be a bit of a PITA.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Recommend a Nevada lender.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    +1 on the hot tub. Hoping to have one for the next living abode. Although, I hear the maintenance can be a bit of a PITA.
    If you're used to working on cars/bikes/home maintenance etc, it's not that bad. But I can't emphasize this enough: buy quality. We had a tub that came with the house, and it was as much maintenance as an old boat - including repairing gel coat and fiberglass.

Got an offer $35k over ask. Waive appraisal with 30% down. Guy looked at the house for like two minutes..