Page 930 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... LastLast
Results 23,226 to 23,250 of 26884
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Cheap living across the street from Keystone Ski Area:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...94067661_zpid/
    Oh but granite counters!!! The fridge might be from the 90s. Guy didn't even bother to clean off the kitchen. 595k for a super beater 60 year old 584sqft shack? Assessed value is $387k and almost half of that is the land. It has two quit claims in the last year...

Some handyman probably wants it instead of paying the same money for a 2bd1ba condo.

It IS an awesome location though.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

"Quaint" and "rustic."

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Oh but granite counters!!! The fridge might be from the 90s. Guy didn't even bother to clean off the kitchen. 595k for a super beater 60 year old 584sqft shack? Assessed value is $387k and almost half of that is the land. It has two quit claims in the last year...

Some handyman probably wants it instead of paying the same money for a 2bd1ba condo.

Basically a teardown. I feel like i have probably known a ski bum or two that have lived in that place at some point.

That place would get a bidding war around here. It's been forever since a freestanding home, even a small beat up one, sold for anywhere near that price.

>$1k/sqft for a tear down... well maybe not tear... solid push would probably do it in

LPV definitely a locals hood. know plenty of ppl who live in there or did
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Plus you now have a massive blinking crosswalk to get across hwy6. No more games of 'frogger' to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2156927555563

2 yr moratorium on being an amenity migrant in Canada
    Only applies to areas over an arbitrary population threshold. All small mountain towns are effectively exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Cheap living across the street from Keystone Ski Area:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...EGtLs6BkijM4o_
    yeah like no comment

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    They worked really hard to make this house as bland as possible, golf clap.
    It's the whole cookie cutter build process. You source 3-4 different finishes, paint schemes and floor plans. You keep it simple and just crank out the same old same old. Day in and day out.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Looks more like laminate than granite

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's the whole cookie cutter build process. You source 3-4 different finishes, paint schemes and floor plans. You keep it simple and just crank out the same old same old. Day in and day out.
    I understand that process. The trouble I see with this house is that in going for a neutral look they went too far and ended up in Limbo™. It's completely lifeless but sellable, so not quite dead.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    That place would get a bidding war around here. It's been forever since a freestanding home, even a small beat up one, sold for anywhere near that price.
    Honestly, you could clean the place up a little and Airbnb the shit out of it no problem. "Rustic" ski bum charm is a commodity. "Live the ski bum lifestyle for a weekend before returning to your job in a corporate hell hole that just ended work from home privileges". $800 a night, $600 cleaning fee.

Holy hell! Price aside, that house is basically what people want. Antiseptic, lifeless finishes is what sells these days. As mentioned, for a production builder, it keeps the costs down.

Most of the homes I work on are about $1.5-2mill. build cost. Some use interiors designers, most don't. Some of the custom finished are cool, most are fucking gross. But I don't care.

If you want a custom home, build one and get back to me.

^^^ sounds great group buy?

all awesome till your drunk neighbor couple start having a brawl out in the road
    the punk kid races up and down the dead end road at 40 mph endlessly as he shuttles his bros around cause hes the only one with a car
    you have to give cpr to the other wretched neighbor who smokes two packs a day and knocks on your door looking for so and so then tries to bum a beer from you
    the place burns down because all the renters plug twenty lap tops phones and tablets all in to charge at the same time and start posting to social media about living like a local
    some rando drunk girl shows up in the middle of the night knows the easy way in and you wake up to find her on the couch surrounded by puke

yeah loveland pass village one of the last places keeping it real

>$1k/sqft for a tear down... well maybe not tear... solid push would probably do it in

LPV definitely a locals hood. know plenty of ppl who live in there or did
    Pride per square foot is often a pretty worthless metric. With a smaller home like this one, the $/sf will naturally be high.

Is this the "neighbors" thread? Maybe the "living the dream" tread?

Have we talked about the perfect amount of acreage and commute or distance to the ski area? Enough space to piss of the deck yet less than 15mins. to the lifts and the grocery?

Or do you go full on chickens, goats and gun? By a tractor, quit skiing and just do chores all winter until you snap and go to the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Only applies to areas over an arbitrary population threshold. All small mountain towns are effectively exempt.
    Not really- the census agglomerations are very large and cover some of our best ski towns here in BC.
    Terrace is not exempt for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...e_or_territory

And terrace’s agglomeration area runs from just west of Kitwanga until the border of Prince Rupert’s

From my understanding, all resort municipalities in BC are exempt. Also this ban does not apply to recreational properties.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Real Estate Crash thread

They did say that during the consultations - but I didn’t see it in the act or regulations as of yet.

https://www.bennettjones.com/Blogs-S...-Know?amp=Blog

The regs:

https://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2...rs250-eng.html

So in typical fashion - they said one thing and did another.

Basically they are saying your fishing cabin on the ocean in Port Ed is residential but my house in Smithers is not.

I haven’t looked closely but it would seem that Canmore and Squamish would be caught in the ban and I wonder how big of an area it takes to get to the agglomeration criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I understand that process. The trouble I see with this house is that in going for a neutral look they went too far and ended up in Limbo™. It's completely lifeless but sellable, so not quite dead.
    Don't worry. They have houses that go with the dark look, and the grey look too. But they really don't go for anything too extreme on the color palate.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Todays #CPI shelter data, when compared to
    @zillow
    numbers instead of government, “look increasingly like Wile E. Coyote, running off the cliff-edge, legs spinning frantically to no avail; the plunge is coming, sooner or later.”

@PantheonMacro

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/...orXAdww6o6t0uA

Bottom will fall out of cpi. Zillow reports new tenants/prices. OER is overall. When it catches up it’s going to be fast.
    Decisions Decisions

How much do shops charge for advice measured in 'sooner or later?' Overall inventory is up but new listings are down. Median prices are up. Cost of mortgages is up. Owners wearing concreate shoes. Institutional buying. Etc. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Meh. I'm waiting for the 60 minute globe. Where we can go from LA to Johannesburg in an hour. Or from South LA to Malibu...