Page 666 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 27076
    Where’s Slaagmaster when you need him. Dude was an expert in staging.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Been in more than a few school districts, bud. Old one was smaller, but yes, full of billionaires, and yes, one of the richest places on the planet (myself certainly not part of that crowd, though). Laughing at you being like "iT woUlD taKe HUNDREDS of ClasSRooMs for ALL tHOsE SmaRTboArdS!" Dude. My wife's current school district has more than 60,000 students. District right over in same town that she also serves has around 100,000 students. She works with over 200 campuses. "Hundreds" HA! So, yeah. That's a few Smartboards you analytical genius. Furthermore, all those expensive Smartboards are getting flushed down the toilet now for something even MORE expensive, pretty much the second the final ones got installed from that rollout.
    Shocking that the richest people on the planet would demand the latest and greatest for their kids and didn’t like your idea of building a nice new cinderblock school with linoleum floors, fluorescent tube lighting, blackboards, and without those expensive windows. They probably put up with upgrading the computers every few years, the filthy commies. Also shocking that they would put up with wasting a $100 per student to have new smart boards. I bet they probably wanted their kids to use tablets and laptops with the latest text books instead of the second hand 2003 edition science text books that were available.

Clearly such waste is evidence that all government spending is wasted and we should just simply eliminate the government.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I was going to say move the couch to face the fireplace and remove one (or both) chairs.

Agree, at least worth the effort to see how it looks.

Thought of another idea at the DQ drive-thru (brownie dough blizzard was pretty good, but I still miss the banana cream pie version). If that dining table has a leaf, take it out and make the table smaller. It will make the room feel bigger.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    For that dining room, specifically - does it look larger if you remove the rug?
    But it really ties the room together!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, what could go wrong with a LTR? Screen carefully my friend.
    Thanks. I do. It's 1 of our 3 rentals I've been self-managing since 2013. Every single tenant has become a friend and we still see many around town and there's never been a single late or missed payment. I think it's mostly due to renting in an awesome area that attracts good people, but I'm also usually good at reading people. Showed it 8 times today, exhausting. Pretty sure we're going with the head of lift ops, that person seemed the most kick ass of many good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I've heard rumors that there is quite a bit of good mt biking there as well...
    "Quite a bit" is a stretch, but "enough to keep you from going crazy" is closer to the truth. It's also 'closer' to Moab, Fruita, and PC than some other places, I guess.

Real Estate Crash thread

Best advice I got that I wouldn't have thought of was to remove a lot of stuff from closets - make them seem bigger by being kind of empty. If they're crammed full, they look smaller.
    This 1000%. If you can live a normal life in your house you probably have too much stuff in it for showing. If you have stuff out on the counters, extra storage shelves around or a garage packed full of stuff, buyers start to think it’s too small.

Edit: also, buyers also have no imagination. If you have a bedroom converted to a gym or an office it might make sense to put a bed in there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    As others have stated, ditch the placemats and the plant, and the chair at the end of the table. I would also go so far as to remove that lamp out of the corner, tidy up those electric cords, shades fully open when showing, and also, get rid of the old wicker rocker that's in the other room. Also- the throw on your couch, it's way too dark and clutters that space even more, hide that.

Jfc, it's all HGTV in here already. Break out another bottle of white wine.

And nothing sells a house like a freshly tied noose.
    No way am I moving into a house with a used noose. No noose, or a fresh noose, is more appealing.

Know your market. There are micturators out there shopping for a forever home just like non-micturators.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Thanks. I do. It's 1 of our 3 rentals I've been self-managing since 2013. Every single tenant has become a friend and we still see many around town and there's never been a single late or missed payment. I think it's mostly due to renting in an awesome area that attracts good people, but I'm also usually good at reading people. Showed it 8 times today, exhausting. Pretty sure we're going with the head of lift ops, that person seemed the most kick ass of many good choices.
    I've been managing multiple rental properties since about 2010, LTRs and STRs, I know the pitfalls of both. LTRs are not perfect, and I don't doubt that you can find good local folks to rent over in Eagle. Just saying that it is only a matter of time before you get a bad apple and it really sucks when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    ah benny desperate housewives and closeted husbands love HGTV they reference something great from it every day get with the 21st century buddy
    everything from metrosexual city pads to mountain cabins to beach front luxury an elegant home is all the rage these days
    formica two piece fiberglass showers linoleum floors oak cabinets and white walls without reason are for people with no taste

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Or Proseco. Used to be the thing to do in high end 7 figure open houses pre-covid. That and bake some cookies in the oven.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Oh yeah, the smell of freshly baked chocolate chips. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I've been managing multiple rental properties since about 2010, LTRs and STRs, I know the pitfalls of both. LTRs are not perfect, and I don't doubt that you can find good local folks to rent over in Eagle. Just saying that it is only a matter of time before you get a bad apple and it really sucks when you do.
    I sounded like a dick last night, brain fried from performing the slumlord gig.

Where are your rentals? Do you prefer LTR or STR? What's the deciding factor between LTR/STR for your properties?

Thanks all for the advice, I feel like I can take a stab at this shit but am going to see what a stager might run just because the logistics of getting moved are more straightforward if we actually GTFO in one fell swoop rather than leaving enough stuff here to show the house.

Nudes of Mrs. PDX will not be forthcoming - to my knowledge, there aren't any, definitely none in my possession - I'm too old for that stuff.

Ted, our house is a 1913, the bungalows of that vintage in Portland got box beams (if you had $$$), coved ceilings (if you had $), or standard square corners for everyone else. I posted some photos in the "own two hands" thread at some point - we had drop ceilings from the 60s in here, and demo'd them to find the coved ceilings. That was a nice surprise - we were just hoping to gain some ceiling height and thought our house (which is on the modest side) wouldn't have that kind of bling. Oh yeah, the fir table in the photo was built from the studs we took out of the drop ceiling - it's tight grain Doug fir, maybe old growth.

^thats cool

Yeah, that is cool.

Real Estate Crash thread

Where I just bought inventory has dropped back again. Demand may have peaked but possibly inventory also for this year.

Note: to get my deal done I did no contingencies and 29 day free lease back. The lease back costs me $45 a day but no more out of pocket. House also has $2k in S1 repair and another $3k in general repair required. S1 repairs are always overpriced so I get contractor to handle all the repairs and save at least $1k.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Lose the place mats.

Heh
    Some would say set the table.

House looks great.
    . . .

It works for my dick
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It works for my dick
    Dick pics will probably not help sell dan_pdx's house.

Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Probably.
    Praying that TGR PMs don't support image attachments...

Probably.
    Depends on the dick. Some Roman dicks would be classy AF:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:B...%27_amulet.JPG
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...to_Mercury.jpg

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/death-of-...tion-1.5522070

Air BnB guest dies in the shower covering the drain which floods the basement and causes 55K worth of water damage

talks about insurance and the Air bnb host guarrantee,

so it might be worth reading it all
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-25-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know