Page 425 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 27108
    If you don't move to a desirable town and form a PAC this year you'll be one year older when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Has this PAC stuff been a result of Gunnison County kicking out all the second home owners from their own properties back in the spring, or was it already brewing?

As far as I'm concerned the Boulder couple for example knew what they signed up for, but if I spent a million plus on a house to escape to, and then was told by the locals to pound fucking sand and you aren't allowed here, I'd probably be a little upset. I can see how they wouldn't feel like they were being allowed in the club in that respect.
    The resentment from that particular set of 2nd homeowners has been on simmer for years. The letter saying stay away during lockdown was gas on that fire, for sure. I don't know, at the time people were dying, Gunnison county had one of the highest covid rates in the country, we don't even have an ICU, and as far as I was concerned, I wasn't allowed to leave the county either. So I never felt that bad for them, it was just a crazy time for everyone, although the letter could have been worded a bit more delicately.

this thread went off the rails I like it

I was told to move a couple months ago as in like you have to seriously consider moving I love to hate where i live i been moving since i got here but the reality of having to move made me realize how easy it is to live here how I've never lived anywhere else in my life for this long there is a shit storm all around me all day every day d bags cool kids the a listers in town wfh the tourons gapers freshman class the africans the mexicans the dirt bags who drive over an hour each way to work the trust funders the retirees who get after it and the assholes who know everything

Sure town was cooler when I was 22 sure the two lane highway w no shoulder was how it was drunk high doing 360s on ice and snow in the middle of the night at 55 mph your wife calls her best friends boyfriend whose a sheriff's deputy for a ride home and it's all good

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this thread went off the rails I like it

I was told to move a couple months ago as in like you have to seriously consider moving I love to hate where i live i been moving since i got here but the reality of having to move made me realize how easy it is to live here how I've never lived anywhere else in my life for this long there is a shit storm all around me all day every day d bags cool kids the a listers in town wfh the tourons gapers freshman class the africans the mexicans the dirt bags who drive over an hour each way to work the trust funders the retirees who get after it and the assholes who know everything

Sure town was cooler when I was 22 sure the two lane highway w no shoulder was how it was drunk high doing 360s on ice and snow in the middle of the night at 55 mph your wife calls her best friends boyfriend whose a sheriff's deputy for a ride home and it's all good
    wut

Real Estate Crash thread

So when are various media outlets going to start talking about the evils of rural gentrification?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    So when are various media outlets going to start talking about the evils of rural gentrification?
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/i-fled...on-of-my-life/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The resentment from that particular set of 2nd homeowners has been on simmer for years. The letter saying stay away during lockdown was gas on that fire, for sure. I don't know, at the time people were dying, Gunnison county had one of the highest covid rates in the country, we don't even have an ICU, and as far as I was concerned, I wasn't allowed to leave the county either. So I never felt that bad for them, it was just a crazy time for everyone, although the letter could have been worded a bit more delicately.
    Word I hear ya. Here in Teton Valley we had some similar issues. One of our commissioners wanted to post up sheriffs on each route into the valley and start asking for proof of residency also. Personally I found that to be a step too far but was pretty concerned about some of the influx of people and the demands they were making right out of the gate.
    Live Free or Die

Let's be clear - the disdain is not for newcomers, tech workers or anything - it's for people who come into a community to change it.
    Easiest way to fight if you don't like it is volunteer for local government - it's rarely well staffed and they generally take who they can.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Easiest way to fight if you don't like it is volunteer for local government - it's rarely well staffed and they generally take who they can.
    That's pretty much how all government is run.

Only a few locales ever get candidates of James Piotrowski's caliber.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^You are correct but being in your local government or just following it can really sour one's taste for a place.

Jesus, imagine living like this person. Yikes. I can smell the smugness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noelle, a 32-year-old commercial real estate developer, recently decamped to Whitefish, Mont., with her partner and their two young children.

Thankfully, they still have the keys to their Gramercy place.

“I miss talking to the doormen in the morning when I walk my dog,” said Noelle, who declined to give her last name for privacy reasons. “I miss going outside and being able to talk to people.”

City dwellers are finding out camping is gross
    Play Video
    While hiking, swimming and sledding are nice, she said they don’t hold a candle to visiting the Central Park Zoo with the kids or date night at Casa Mono, one of her favorite neighborhood restaurants.

Even her toddler can’t wait to return to his cosmopolitan routine.

Said Noelle: “My son looked at me one day and said, ‘Mommy, I miss sushi.’ ”

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post

Noelle, a 32-year-old commercial real estate developer, recently decamped to Whitefish, Mont., with her partner and their two young children.

“I miss talking to the doormen in the morning when I walk my dog,” said Noelle, who declined to give her last name for privacy reasons. “I miss going outside and being able to talk to people.”

Play Video
    While hiking, swimming and sledding are nice, she said they don’t hold a candle to visiting the Central Park Zoo with the kids or date night at Casa Mono, one of her favorite neighborhood restaurants.

that story makes me happy. Buh-bye
    skid luxury

I feel a little bad since I seem to be what most people are complaining about here but I want it to stay the way it is and not change. I finally made it, it just took me a while to get here.

This thread helps explain why we have Trump as president. Keep America frozen in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Good article about Montana and specifically Bozeman

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mments-wrapper

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    JFC.

It’s like my life flashing before my eyes. 35+ years in this state. I know two of the people in that article.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I get it Noelle, the city with all the restaurants, shopping and entertainment is enticing. I love metro areas of nice cities, BUT there is the other side of the coin that loves the mountains and the outdoors. The quiet and not having a fuck ton of people around you and if your lucky, skiing just a hoop skip away.
    Obviously, Noelle and I need a lot more money so we can have a 2nd home in the mountains and one in town. #1stworldproblems.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    ^You are correct but being in your local government or just following it can really sour one's taste for a place.
    Don't complain the sausage is bad unless you're willing to make some.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post

Play Video

Stupid son - Whitefish has at least 2 sushi restaurants. Last time I visited Indah Sushi (owned by a CO native), I saw Tanner Hall. Not dead.

Pretty sure Tanner just moved back to MT full time. He posted on IG about just buying his dream Montana property. No broken ankles luckily.

And you didn't get the nod to represent him? The nerve of some people.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Well, it could be like the former Soviet Union or China, where you had/have to get permission to move anywhere.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, it could be like the former Soviet Union or China, where you had/have to get permission to move anywhere.
    I think a lot of people in this thread would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pretty sure Tanner just moved back to MT full time. He posted on IG about just buying his dream Montana property. No broken ankles luckily.
    Not bad for a dead guy.

Honestly, how many of these city folk are going to stick around after there's a vaccine and they've spent the last 7 months shoveling snow?

NPR was just talking about the influx to Rangley, ME. I'm pretty sure these people did not understand what they were signing up for.

I'm the poster boy for being "part of the problem" so my voice doesn't really matter. That being said, I bet the -20*F the other morning woke some people up.