Page 341 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So we put this house on the market again late-February. Dow was like 29,000, coronavirus seemed far away. Things changed, obviously. But we left it on the market, figured the exposure can't hurt anything but certainly didn't expect anything at all as far as interest until all this has simmered down, if then.

But a party of interest has emerged. Selling a house in the throes of a pandemic is...different. At first they asked for a tour/viewing/whatever the correct term is, and we declined. Too crazy to have strangers in the house. Plus, we have 5 people here, everybody's working on stuff, the weather has been pretty shitty and everything's closed so we can't even wait in a coffee shop or whatever, so we said No Thanks.

But they persisted. The other day, through the realtor, they asked if they could walk around outside. I had to go out for a bit and they came while I was gone, but a couple with 4 children came and walked around outside. Apparently everyone here was too petrified of them, or the virus, or something, to even just open a door and wave and call out a greeting, which seemed odd to me and had to be weird for our visitors.

I kinda figured that would be the end of it, but still they persist. We got a request that we allow their realtor into the house to do a facetime tour. The agent would wear gloves and a mask and not touch anythng in the house. Still that was too much for some of the people here, and we declined yet again.

Yet they refuse to be deterred. So now on Saturday my daughter and I will be conducting a facetime tour for them. My daughter's gonna run the camera, they'll say where to go and what to look at, and I'll be there to answer any questions. Should be weird but who knows what will happen.

As our agent said, he's spent his entire career trying to get as many people into houses as possible, but now he's trying to figure out how to keep them out. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath. But I would so take the money and run.
    Don't go fucking shit up now, you hear?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So we put this house on the market again late-February. Dow was like 29,000, coronavirus seemed far away. Things changed, obviously. But we left it on the market, figured the exposure can't hurt anything but certainly didn't expect anything at all as far as interest until all this has simmered down, if then.

But a party of interest has emerged. Selling a house in the throes of a pandemic is...different. At first they asked for a tour/viewing/whatever the correct term is, and we declined. Too crazy to have strangers in the house. Plus, we have 5 people here, everybody's working on stuff, the weather has been pretty shitty and everything's closed so we can't even wait in a coffee shop or whatever, so we said No Thanks.

But they persisted. The other day, through the realtor, they asked if they could walk around outside. I had to go out for a bit and they came while I was gone, but a couple with 4 children came and walked around outside. Apparently everyone here was too petrified of them, or the virus, or something, to even just open a door and wave and call out a greeting, which seemed odd to me and had to be weird for our visitors.

I kinda figured that would be the end of it, but still they persist. We got a request that we allow their realtor into the house to do a facetime tour. The agent would wear gloves and a mask and not touch anythng in the house. Still that was too much for some of the people here, and we declined yet again.

Yet they refuse to be deterred. So now on Saturday my daughter and I will be conducting a facetime tour for them. My daughter's gonna run the camera, they'll say where to go and what to look at, and I'll be there to answer any questions. Should be weird but who knows what will happen.

As our agent said, he's spent his entire career trying to get as many people into houses as possible, but now he's trying to figure out how to keep them out. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath. But I would so take the money and run.
    Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Unless this is some psycho babble subliminal thought that you don’t want to sell, in which case carry on.

So now on Saturday my daughter and I will be conducting a facetime tour for them. My daughter's gonna run the camera, they'll say where to go and what to look at, and I'll be there to answer any questions. Should be weird but who knows what will happen.
    Congrats on hooking a seemly very interested party. But this bit above would be just too temping to me. Dress the hounds up in costume, flip a few pics or art upside-down, have someone in the gym exercising in a bizarre way, maybe something outside in the yard just glimpsed through the picture window - what ever you can think of and have it just on the edge of the frame. And give any explanation in a deadpanned kind of way.

Best of luck with it all!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Unless this is some psycho babble subliminal thought that you don’t want to sell, in which case carry on.
    What? No. It's just been odd and I thought I might try to convey that for entertainment purposes. I even said I'd take the money and run at the end there.

Run where?
    Up to the Cape?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

good luck ice

seeing a good amount of panic listing as well as buying where i look, as well as more competitive pricing mid-range, and a decent amount of small time portfolios unloading it all.

What? No. It's just been odd and I thought I might try to convey that for entertainment purposes. I even said I'd take the money and run at the end there.
    Fair enough, I always got this vibe you were just "selling" but not really. I mean, it is a pretty cool house, I wouldn't be eager to leave.

I also can't argue with Steve Miller if they are going to give you that nut right now in the current situation. Good luck with the sale.
    Live Free or Die

Yeah selling this place is a goal but not an extremely urgent one. But I've been trying to finalize this move for over 2 years and shit keeps happening. The first time we tried to sell it the China tarriffs went into effect like a week later and there was a lot of uncertainty in real estate and the stock market dropped like 10% or more. This time it's coronavirus and all that it entails.

I'm afraid to take it off the market and try again later, who knows wtf would happen then but I would have to believe it would include zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I was distracted by chatting with an extremely attractive woman at the grocery store and missed it. I guess it was the real deal.
    Must not have been that attractive if you didn’t feel the earth move

Yeah selling this place is a goal but not an extremely urgent one. But I've been trying to finalize this move for over 2 years and shit keeps happening. The first time we tried to sell it the China tarriffs went into effect like a week later and there was a lot of uncertainty in real estate and the stock market dropped like 10% or more. This time it's coronavirus and all that it entails.

I'm afraid to take it off the market and try again later, who knows wtf would happen then but I would have to believe it would include zombies.
    Make sure you wear a three piece suit and speak in an English accent to to class up the place.

Real Estate Crash thread

Triple breasted suit if it’s during the daytime, velour tux for the evening. Good luck ice.

Meanwhile in Boston, pent up demand has attractive listings going under contract with multiple bidders at around asking price. And sellers that are still thinking they should be getting over asking.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-02-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Definitely zombies.

And I vote you wear a monacle during the tour.
    Live Free or Die

another vote for a monocle. With tux and tails, if possible.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Post a link to the livestream, I think we all want to watch and comment on FB as it happens please.

How high are you going to be? There is just one correct answer here.

P.S. the house is rad as fuck, not surprised people want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Patience. The fire just started. Plenty to sift through in the fall.
    Ya and by then I will be ready to move out anyways, as isolation with my girl is no picnic.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

O and more good news

Borrowers who lost income from the coronavirus, which is already a skyrocketing number as the 10 million new jobless claims in the past two weeks attests, can ask to skip payments for as many as 180 days at a time on federally backed mortgages, and avoid penalties and a hit to their credit scores. But as Bloomberg notes, it’s not a payment holiday and eventually homeowners they’ll have to make it all up.

According to estimates by Moody's Analytics chief economist Mark Zandi, as many as 30% of Americans with home loans – about 15 million households – could stop paying if the U.S. economy remains closed through the summer or beyond.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I have a listing and a buyer agent was asking a bunch of questions. While her buyers had been pre-approved a month ago, they were informed today that they no longer are. They are both employed, but the lender would not pre-approve now because they could lose their jobs. Crazy times..

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

A pre-approval is good now, at this moment, not an hour into the future, as shit can change. That lender is just trying to be very transparent for the people thinking it means something.

Yep, and loans are definitely making it all the way to signing only to die before funding. Not super common right now, but will keep happening for a bit. Wells just pulled out of jumbo for correspondent lenders. Not a surprise but a big deal and a sign of the times.

Things are going to get worse before they get better and not just because zerohedge says so.

Investors are changing guidelines, removing programs and generally fucking up the market like I have never seen before. I saw one investor say how they were going to pay for all the appraisals of loans in the pipeline they could no longer fund. In 36 years, I have never seen anything like this mess we are in. Got my first ever EPO today Matt.

How long until I can buy a 4b/3b house on Donner Lake in Tahoe for $300k?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How long until I can buy a 4b/3b house on Donner Lake in Tahoe for $300k?

Pfft, if you find one, let me know. We could be neighbors and I always have a ton of bud and good wine in the casa.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Investors are changing guidelines, removing programs and generally fucking up the market like I have never seen before. I saw one investor say how they were going to pay for all the appraisals of loans in the pipeline they could no longer fund. In 36 years, I have never seen anything like this mess we are in. Got my first ever EPO today Matt.
    I was told that a biggish mortgage originator with prime CO RE loans had to PAY to sell on their last bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    A pre-approval is good now, at this moment, not an hour into the future, as shit can change. That lender is just trying to be very transparent for the people thinking it means something.
    Yeah, just weird that they're basically saying, "we think you won't have a job in the future."