Page 234 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 27096
    I was in Denver once and this pretentious schmuck kept bragging about how he has a nice house in the burbs and drives some fancy car. Everyone in Denver must be just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And the chick had dreads and was taking her first bath in a week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app
    And in Benny's mind, he's singing that No Doubt song about her old bathwater...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Well best of luck, really, My Malamute down in a planes hold would be absolutely miserable and likely howling the entire time. I am afraid for their well being.

Benny, I will ask my step bro about the drivers license and get back to you as they were there for 5+ years based out of Switzerland.
    If your dog is well behaved, look into ESA. Our Malnois/German flies with us in the cabin and does really well. She's 65 lbs though. Malamutes are usually a LOT bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I was in Denver once and this pretentious schmuck kept bragging about how he has a nice house in the burbs and drives some fancy car. Everyone in Denver must be just like that.
    Everyone?
    Name:  homeless denver.jpeg
Views: 686
Size:  56.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Everyone?
    Name:  homeless denver.jpeg
Views: 686
Size:  56.4 KB
    I bet those guys sneak into hot tubs to regale tourons with their tales of "Living the Dream™" in Denver.

ESA is kinda gaming the system and I am certain two ESA dogs is not going to fly. I just wish there was an airline that would remove two of the three seats somewhere in the plane cabin for the dogs to lay down. I would gladly pay the cost of the missing seats or more to have them beside me.
    Anyways, I am glad you can get your dog over there safely. Me, I will just hang out another 5-7 years with my buddies before making it over there. Shit, by then they may have self driving cars and I won't need a license.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

ESA is kinda gaming the system and I am certain two ESA dogs is not going to fly. I just wish there was an airline that would remove two of the three seats somewhere in the plane cabin for the dogs to lay down. I would gladly pay the cost of the missing seats or more to have them beside me.
    Anyways, I am glad you can get your dog over there safely. Me, I will just hang out another 5-7 years with my buddies before making it over there. Shit, by then they may have self driving cars and I won't need a license.
    Maybe by then they'll have dog-driving cars.

Totally agree there needs to be a better solution for dogs on planes for those willing to fork it over.

Dogs could cruise. On board kennel. Etc. I'd guess there are other more humane ways.

^^^Private jet.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    ^^^Private jet.
    When the outgoing President warned, in his farewell speech, of the ways in which inequality corrodes the social fabric, he probably wasn’t referring to commercial airline travel. But, with its ever-expanding system of subclasses and legroom fees, is there any better symbol of our self-sorting tendencies?

Until recently, airborne animals were unaffected. While their owners squabbled over medallion status, they generally sat, crated, in the cargo hold—the last vestige of airline equality. All that changed this year, with the opening of the ARK at JFK, which calls itself “the world’s first privately owned, 24/7 animal airport terminal.” Situated “airside”—near the tarmac—it offers luxurious amenities, including climate-controlled stalls for horses and, for dogs, a bone-shaped splashing pool and a spa that gives “pawdicures.” Fees for dogs start at around a hundred dollars. Horses can cost up to ten thousand.
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...nimal-terminal

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    ^^^Private jet.
    Right, I just need to win the Lotto for that to happen. Private flight from San Diego to Yurp is likely $200-$300k.

4matic, I looked at a cruise across the Atlantic and the dogs had to stay in the kennel area at all times. Not sure what is worse, days in a kennel with me stopping by every now and then or 5 hours from SD to NYC and then 6 hours from NYC to Paris down in the hold of a plane. My American Alsatian would likely be ok, (assuming the flight didn't kill him) my Malamute/wolf hybrid would likely go bongers.

My wife said Vancouver Island in the summer and Kelowna in the Fall and Winter is the call, so that matter has been settled. Thanks for your ideas.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Most houses for sale in my zip than I’ve seen in several years and it’s the shoulder season.

Seems like more on the market here the last few months for sure.

Seems like the new tax plan will cause a major price drop in CA house prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Seems like the new tax plan will cause a major price drop in CA house prices.
    Which part of the plan is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Which part of the plan is that?
    The tossing of the mortgage interest deduction for mortgages over $500K?

^^^That would really do it. but mostly dropping the SALT deductions, so fewer people exceed standard deduction. From LA times:
    Association President Geoff McIntosh said losing the tax deduction, along with a doubling of the standard deduction, would remove the incentives for home buying and hurt the state’s housing market. He predicted the average California home buyer could end up paying $3,000 more a year in taxes.

“Congress should look at ways to incentivize and increase homeownership rates, not increase taxes on families wanting to buy a home,” McIntosh said.

State Controller Betty T. Yee warned that the change could have a broad economic impact.

“Elimination of the state and local tax deduction could lead to an economic downward spiral in California, including the loss of good-paying jobs and cuts to critical public safety and social service programs,” she said.

I don't know about major, but I have read a 10% decline could be expected.

I haven't done the math to see what is more beneficial, as it is now with about $24k in interest, and $6k in property taxes or doubling the standard deduction.

It would seem that itemizing $30k in deductions is better for sure, but it is late and I am no tax accountant.

I guess my kids are going to be pissed they just bought a place,

I guess the newest version just drops the state income tax deduction, clearly an attack on CA & NY. Hopefully it goes down in flames...looks like Republicans are trying the "pass it fast and don't focus on the details" approach again.

We at a top? Marin Co median price over $1M with higher volume than 2016.

http://www.marinij.com/general-news/...-for-september

Real Estate Crash thread

Lots of flip homes in my East Bay zip. The good thing is the work is better quality this time.

I’d watch the inventory. If that starts picking up I think prices come in some.

Also, while low, the arm rate is now higher than the 15 year rate. It’s getting a little more expensive on the short end.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I guess the newest version just drops the state income tax deduction, clearly an attack on CA & NY. Hopefully it goes down in flames...looks like Republicans are trying the "pass it fast and don't focus on the details" approach again.
    The whole Mueller taking Trump our thing may put a damper on these plans.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Market's still good here, but definitely slowing down as compared to 2015-16.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy