Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    has anyone ridden the loop there? like should we do some warm up-get some exercise in on the loop before getting intro-stuntacular?

edit: and todays weather is forecasting 30% chance of precip and possible thunderstorms for friday (and thursday and saturday)...i guess we should keep an eye on that.
    Re, if you want cardio type exercise I'd find it elsewhere. It's like a 5-minute ride up to the ridgeline from the parking lot at Trailside. I didn't ride the 1-mile loop but yeah you could put a few laps in on it and get your heart rate up at least. It's all just super buff, extra-wide singletrack. It is pretty through the sage and all...but that's about it.

You do get some good exercise @ the skillz park if you keep lapping it. I spent almost 2 hours there and got 700 vert! (kept track w/ my altimeter, hehe). Not too hard w/ 50-foot laps, over..and over...and over... have fun tonight!

I still vote for meeting at the Trailside park and just making laps, instead of a warm-up and all that. Get the cardio in other days and in the morning perhaps (I'm going running tomorrow morning for example) and just have some fun tomorrow night trying stuff. Whaddy think?

Meet at the parking lot at 6pm and go from there? If anyone wants a warmup, come up a half hour earlier and ride beforehand?
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

JoshP and I would like to come up to PC tomorrow night too. We were thinking more cross-country-ish, so if anyone wants to join us as a separate group, that would be great. The only trail I've done up there is Mid-Mountain, so I'd like to check out Glenwild, Solamere, or maybe 24-7.

Then maybe food and beer at the Brewery (meet up with interested Trailside maggots for beers)? We probably couldn't get up there until about 6:30.

AC, Telee - I was thinking about riding Quarry with ya today (though already done it 2x this week)

but Bear's kinda on the idea of doing PC tonite... any takers?
    I am probably out for that kind of time commitment tonight. I am going to try and run up to the quarry tonight around 6:30 or 7..

and more boy scouts were just heading up
    Of course they were..
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    I'd be up for PC with skiingbear, but with the very gloomy forecast for this afternoon I kinda doubt it'll happen, yet again. I also have physical therapy till ~6pm.
    looks like we'l lbe up there by 5:30 - though sounds like he may be doing a more extensive loop, while Kari and I do whatever, not sure yet- she'll be on her second ride of the day!!! amazing!

see you tomorrow for sure...
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    while Kari and I do whatever, not sure yet- she'll be on her second ride of the day!!! amazing!
    Ohh that girl is so busted. So that's what she's been doing all day at 'work.' Bad Kari! Bad!

James and I are planning on trailside tomorrow night, but we might just play it by ear. I'd really like to get a quick ride in before trailside, so we may try to head up early and do a quick prospector...maybe an out and back.

We should be able to be at trailside by 7-7:30 unless we can't get out of work early, then we'll just see ya'll at trailside.

Sounds like the weather is supposed to clear tomorrow afternoon....YAY! We'd also be down for food/beers after.

This sounds so fun - I keep looking at this thread wishing I could just transport myself to Utah to ride with you all!

Where are all the Bay Area Magettes????? Out yourselves, dammit!!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

ok, cool. good point josh. hey, whats the vert on 1 lap?

I'm thinking just skills park at this point- we did 24/7 tonite with 2 laps of the freeridey stuff - hit some of the gnarler stuff, so that was good.

back is kind of sore, rather would just save it for the park, which I need some confidence work on

oh, i'm gonna need some directions to that place..
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    I'm thinking just skills park at this point- we did 24/7 tonite with 2 laps of the freeridey stuff - hit some of the gnarler stuff, so that was good.

back is kind of sore, rather would just save it for the park, which I need some confidence work on

oh, i'm gonna need some directions to that place..
    See ya up there tomorrow night (assuming the weather holds)

Getting there: From Salt Lake City, go east on I-80 over Parley's Summit. Skip the Park City exit, and exit at the US-40 (Heber, Silver Creek) exit a couple of miles later. Turn right on US-40. 1/2 mile later, exit at Silver Summit and turn right on Silver Summit Parkway. A mile later, you'll come to a stop sign. Here the main road turns right, and you'll see a parking area straight ahead. Look left, and you'll see a dirt trail going uphill alongside a paved trail. (The dirt trail's the one you want.) Go through the stop sign and find a spot to park, then backtrack to the dirt trail and start uphill.

hey....how bout some tips for stunty jongs? like how to take a jump properly? you know, so i'm less likely to case myself

Thanks to Mr. Altagirl and Rotorhead for a nice ride Thursday evening.

I ran over a snake and some dude was yelling at me for not even getting in his way while we were going down the trail. People are so agro for no reason.

Riding tomorrow, but out for tonight.
    you sketchy character, you

Will this damn rain ever end??????

I've got a pile of bikes for the Mrs. and I on the car ready for tonight, if things dry out. Wet ladders don't sound safe. If so, anyone for I-street, I hear that place is good 30 seconds after it stops raining. Is there easy beginner lines? Or is there a good BMX track to invade.

I'd rather not end up on the quarry again, but it's way better than not riding at all. I think I need a beer no matter what we do, and it's only 8:30am

If wondering, I'm posting in here because I'm already part of this ride.

haha, no worries dude, you can post in here all you want.

i'm throwing my bike on the roof, heading for work, and crossing my fingers. the forecast is not promissing. but i'm kind of a stubborn beeotch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    Will this damn rain ever end??????

I've got a pile of bikes for the Mrs. and I on the car ready for tonight, if things dry out. Wet ladders don't sound safe. If so, anyone for I-street, I hear that place is good 30 seconds after it stops raining. Is there easy beginner lines? Or is there a good BMX track to invade.
    lol... yea, the rain really ruined Bear's plan to ride to work today
    we just barely made it out of PC last night before the crazy rain - drive down the canyon was wild!

anyhoo... we'll be in touch later to figure out the plans.

I'm hoping it will warm up & dry out by later today..i think it will... positive vibes...

Lynx, well, Yentna will be there to lean on for stunty tips, if it happens...
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

So, I'm thinking the trails may not be dry by this evening. It was dumping in Salt Lake this morning! Regardless, joshP and I are heading up to PC and planning on dinner, beers, and spending the night in the condo. If anyone's still interested in any of the above, we'll be up there tonight.

Yah, this morning rain SUCKED. Well, we need the rain so I guess the rain didn't suck, but my timing certainly did. About 2 1/2 miles into my run this morning - let's just say not fantastic. Went from blue skies & sunny clear goodness to black clouds, wind, a deluge, and overhead lightning with NO delay between flash and crash, all in about a minute and a half. Miserable run back to the car....made damn good time though!!!!

Anyway, the bike is on the car, here's hoping it stays nice the rest of the day and is dry by tonight for Trailside. Crossed fingers. And toes. And legs. And eyes (literally, had them dialated a bit ago....hee hee). Here's hoping...

Keep us posted on the weather up that way this afternoon Yentna, it is raining like hell in Ogden (again).
    Glad you didn't get nailed, by the way. Love a good thunderstorm, but getting caught out in it is below average for sure.
    Keep it unclipped

yea, i'm still holding out hope... even though the rain started bad again here awhile ago, it's looking brighter now...

You'll have to keep us all posted on the weather PC peeps..
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP
    Keep us posted on the weather up that way this afternoon Yentna, it is raining like hell in Ogden (again).
    Glad you didn't get nailed, by the way. Love a good thunderstorm, but getting caught out in it is below average for sure.
    Heh, I'm glad too!!! It actually ended up being rather fun to run in the rain, but only AFTER I finally got out of the open fields and the thunder started to sound farther away. Phew!

I'll post a weather report before I leave work, but keep in mind I'm 25 miles away and it may not be the best info since I'm on the other side of the mtns.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/images/slc/c...n&numFrames=10
    the loop on main st can give you an idea of what's happening up there.

outside in west valley a few min. ago was sunny. still lots of clouds looming, but we at least had a sucker hole. fingers crossed!

(maybe if logs and what not are too wet we could ride glenwild and the downhilly course at glenwild? i have only ridden the regular glenwild loop over there so far, and since there are fewer trees it might dry out faster, no? just an alt. thought)

Looks like we might have a window of good weather.

James and I are leaving SLC around 5:10 or so and heading to Trailside. I'm guessing that trails might be too wet to ride, but we could still play around at the park.

We'll plan on 2 longer rides this weekend, assuming that it stays dry.

I was going to go, but went to PT and got banished from doing anything until the swelling in my OTHER knee goes down. We had some stupid panic rush thing at work resulting in my sprinting through a few buildings, parking lots and many flights of stairs and now the supposedly good knee is pissed off.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"