Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl
    Just an FYI, I think AG and I will be doing Deer Crest/ Spin Cycle / Solomere loop from lower DV parking lot tommorow evening. We did it last week and the trails could not be in any better shape. Spin Cycle is so tacky I didn't have to pedal once through the whole thing. Good combo of pedaling up and ripping down. Anyway....
    Hm....sounds fun, but I'm bringing a friend that probably isn't quite up to Spin Cycle yet. Phatfreeheeler might be down, though.

We plan on being at the Prospector lot by 6 for anyone else that wants to ride. I have an extra rack, and could probably drive 1 person up.

I'm probably in for Friday too. Definitely want to check out the stuff at trailside....I finally rode the ladder over the pipe on lil cottonwood last night and didn't die!!

Quote Originally Posted by utsnowgirl

We plan on being at the Prospector lot by 6 for anyone else that wants to ride. I have an extra rack, and could probably drive 1 person up.
    hey ya - we were gonna carpool up this week!
    - let's chat during the day wed. to make a plan.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Mr. AG, What time at DV? I'll have to watch the weather. Sucks to make the drive only to get stormed out.

I will most likely be riding the quarry Thursday night. Anybody else going to be there? It was good seeing the maggot crew there Monday night.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee
    I will most likely be riding the quarry Thursday night. Anybody else going to be there? It was good seeing the maggot crew there Monday night.
    i'll probably be good for that, AC mentioned doing it too - we'll see.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

I'll be riding the Quarry Thursday, getting there around 5:30ish. Let me know in here or in a PM so I don't leave without you if you want to ride.
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl
    Just an FYI, I think AG and I will be doing Deer Crest/ Spin Cycle / Solomere loop from lower DV parking lot tommorow evening. We did it last week and the trails could not be in any better shape. Spin Cycle is so tacky I didn't have to pedal once through the whole thing. Good combo of pedaling up and ripping down. Anyway....
    So, uh *cough*cough* I've been thinking of doing some seatpost-raised riding of late. You want to do this ride next week? My back is still giving me the smackdown but should be good for some of that suffer riding next week. I could use the exercise. Yes, it hurts me so say this.

I can carry an extra bike and one extra person for the Prospector ride tonight too...or meet up with others who want to carpool. Any SL peeps want to meet at the mouth of Parley's? I could be there by 5:30. Hope the weather holds...

Quote Originally Posted by tradygirl
    I can carry an extra bike and one extra person for the Prospector ride tonight too...or meet up with others who want to carpool. Any SL peeps want to meet at the mouth of Parley's? I could be there by 5:30. Hope the weather holds...
    i've just gotten a report of thunder over at the BC.com offices in PC - hopefully it just moves through...
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

What do you guys think? It's pretty dark and gloomy towards the south west end of the valley. Should we chance PC? or do a ride in SLC?

What do you guys think? It's pretty dark and gloomy towards the south west end of the valley. Should we chance PC? or do a ride in SLC?
    well, I told K to call me with an update in a little while since she's in Kimball -
    we could push back the meeting time a bit (She was already leaning more towards 6:15ish) - to see if it passes, and we'll still have enough time to head up, if not- we could do a quickie here. but it looks just as gloomy over my house at the moment.
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    well, I told K to call me with an update in a little while since she's in Kimball -
    we could push back the meeting time a bit (She was already leaning more towards 6:15ish) - to see if it passes, and we'll still have enough time to head up, if not- we could do a quickie here. but it looks just as gloomy over my house at the moment.

That works. Christina is out for tonight. I just don't want to make the drive if we're not going to be able to ride. KSL's radar is showing rain up there right now, and the PCMR webcams show the streets in town being wet. Hopefully it will pass.

That works. Christina is out for tonight. I just don't want to make the drive if we're not going to be able to ride. KSL's radar is showing rain up there right now, and the PCMR webcams show the streets in town being wet. Hopefully it will pass.
    totally agree.... of course I don't want to get skunked here in the valley either!
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Looking like a No-Go for PC tonite, peeps.

Any SLC'ers want to do Quarry @ 5:30 today?

Utsnowgirl & I are meeting then, if the weather turns here, at least we can just turn around & get down quickly.
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

I'll meet you guys at 5:30 in the quarry parking lot.

sorry for barging in on your ladies thread but where is this spiro trail you speak of? I mean I know it's somewhere on the mid mountain trail but Im not sure if it's doable with my schedule. I'm looking for about a 1 1/2 to 1:45 ride during work and am not sure where the hell Im going in Park City so please help. Also if anyone is able to ride weekdays between 8:00am and 1:00pm shoot me a pm. I'm looking to expand my horizon and learn the trails in Park City this summer since Im in Jeremy ranch every day and a tour guide would be great . Thanks for the help.

is it cool if I bring the hubby along to the skilz park? he might have a meeting cancel, in which case he'd be alone and bummed that I'm out biking. (and I might need some booboos kissed better. I'm accident prone. )

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Woman
    is it cool if I bring the hubby along to the skilz park? he might have a meeting cancel, in which case he'd be alone and bummed that I'm out biking. (and I might need some booboos kissed better. I'm accident prone. )
    Yeah, I think that's cool. My hubby is probably going to tag along too. I'm thinking that I might want to do a quick ride before the skills park.....maybe a quick prospector loop to warm up.

I don't think there's an easy way to ride to the skills park, so we will probably end up driving over.

We might have to grab some food/beers in PC after too. I might need it after the skills park.

what time do you plan on being at the park? I might be down for a beer, depending on timing. I was also invited to go roast some smores, so I'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by yentna
    Thinking 6pm-ish, meet out at Trailside park? Unless someone finds another way to access it. I'll be coming straight from work in Coalville, otherwise I'd totally offer you a ride.
    has anyone ridden the loop there? like should we do some warm up-get some exercise in on the loop before getting intro-stuntacular?

edit: and todays weather is forecasting 30% chance of precip and possible thunderstorms for friday (and thursday and saturday)...i guess we should keep an eye on that.
    Last edited by Lynx; 06-07-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    I'll be riding the Quarry Thursday, getting there around 5:30ish. Let me know in here or in a PM so I don't leave without you if you want to ride.
    AC, Telee - I was thinking about riding Quarry with ya today (though already done it 2x this week)

but Bear's kinda on the idea of doing PC tonite... any takers?
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

I'd be up for PC with skiingbear, but with the very gloomy forecast for this afternoon I kinda doubt it'll happen, yet again. I also have physical therapy till ~6pm. You ladies just missed the rain on quarry last night. It was raining pretty hard as I came off the trail. (and more boy scouts were just heading up )

My plans will be totally weather dependant and the wife has school.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    I'd be up for PC with skiingbear, but with the very gloomy forecast for this afternoon I kinda doubt it'll happen, yet again. I also have physical therapy till ~6pm. You ladies just missed the rain on quarry last night. It was raining pretty hard as I came off the trail. (and more boy scouts were just heading up )
    Btw, how many laps did you end up doing?? (so nice, that i actually rode much more of that section -we were tempted to go again...)

glad we did miss the rain... yea, we'll be watching the weather again, but have a backup plan here in SLC too maybe- i'm still waiting to hear what he wants to ride...probably just something to put on miles...if the weather holds, i'd be down for glenwild, as long as we hit the freeridey stuff.
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    Btw, how many laps did you end up doing?? (so nice, that i actually rode much more of that section -we were tempted to go again...)

glad we did miss the rain... yea, we'll be watching the weather again, but have a backup plan here in SLC too maybe- i'm still waiting to hear what he wants to ride...probably just something to put on miles...if the weather holds, i'd be down for glenwild, as long as we hit the freeridey stuff.
    3 laps, back to the top each time because I was trying to find you 3 I'm all about quality over quantity right now.

If all you are doing is the freeride trails on 24/7, it's way better to park off the Jermey Ranch exit. Starting from the standard Glenwild lot adds a bit more climbing and doing both the entire Glenwild loop and 1 freeride loop is more of a ride than I thought it would be. Utsnowgirl and I did it a couple weeks ago, she may have more insite. Not sure Bear would be into just lapping on the freeride trails though. I think it's ~600 vert per lap. Dropout is way fun, I just wish it had some bigger stunts and berms too since I'm getting braver lately.

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    I'll be riding the Quarry Thursday,
    Just got off the Quarry, whoot! Nice temps, just a bit of a sprinkle inspired me to push the middle ring the whole way. I guess those rides from the house are paying off.