Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Give me a call, my buddy who owns a shop down there will take care of you. When you going? We are going to start riding again very soon and will be down there quite a bit (I hope).

we're going for a quick weekend, this coming weekend. Leaving early sat. morning and returning late sunday night. When do you think you'll head down there next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    sooo...tomorrow might actually be the only day i can ride due to other randomness going on. but next week......still riding before 3. and the week after that, and the week after that....unless i'm skiing. that would sweet.

and hot damn i would love to ride the crest but it looks like i might actually -finally- go to Moab. like whoa. one of my best friends from back east is coming to visit for the weekend so we'll probly try to ride one day and hike the next.

anyone have any moab trail suggestions for taking a friend who bikes, but hasn't been biking much in the last year? or suggestions on where to rent her a bike?
    Just came back from a few days in Moab. I'd HIGHLY recommend getting down there soon. The weather is PERFECT--70s during the day, 40s at night. We rode Porcupine and Slickrock the first day, and we rode Flat Pass the second. I've got some pics here.

As for trail suggestions--if I had to chose the "must-do trail" in Moab, it would be Porcupine Rim. If your friend is an absolute beginner or freaks out easily, I'd pass on Porcy. Otherwise, it's BEYOND fun...

And no matter where your friend rents or borrows a bike, make sure he/she gets a full-suspension one. It'll increase the fun factor exponentially.

P.S. I'm off 'til Sunday. So if anyone wants to ride this week, I'm game.
    Last edited by SLCFreshies; 09-26-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks to powderwhore, lynx, phatfreeheeler, utsnowgirl and non maggot Jamon for an oh so sweet, cold, icy, MUDDY, snowy and really beautiful Crest ride yesterday.

I would do that again for sure!
    you sketchy character, you

Good times for sure. It's sad to think that yesterday might be my last ride on crest for the season. I think it was probably one of the only times I rode with AC that she didn't flat!!! Amazing what that new fabulous bike will do!

What a fun summer full of riding.....I think I rode crest more this year than I have the past 4 years combined!!

We'll be in Moab this weekend, and Fruita the following.....hopefully by then, there will be snow on the ground in the Wasatch.

For anyone that will be in town this coming weekend...who wants to ride?

I'd like to ride at least one day this weekend, even if it's just the Quarry, I'm fine with that.

I'll bump this later in the week as well.

Quarry is a freakin mess. All kinds of knucleheads completely blocking the trails with tripods while there midget holigan kids run around untethered. It's family picture time once again in LCC. Might want look for an alternate ride.
    Don't make me come get you....

They didn't seem to be much of a problem at about 30 mph yesterday.

I'm in for either day this weekend in between moving. I have no input on destination though, I'm a SLC bike JONG.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I might be up for a ride on Wednesday, depending on our bikes. We have quite a bit of maintenance from Moab this weekend. If they're ready to go, I'd be up for a quarry ride (or shoreline?).

We're in Fruita this weekend, but might be able to ride next week too....The time change happens next weekend, so without lights, it might be hard to ride after work.

AC and I tried to ride LCC this morning, but unfortunately one of the links in AC's chain had gotten all mangled from something, it was nuts! i hope you got that fixed!

so being that i need exercise, i kept going and holy crap was it cold. the higher i went the more frozen the ground got and the more snow there was on the trail. turned around at the pipe cause my toes were so frozen. and i do mean frozen, like i couldn't feel them. had to do some mister myagi tecnique to help bring them back to life when i was done.

so we should definitely ride something in the sunshine this weekend! and not too early in the morning......and with warmer socks.

I hear it gets sunny in Moab
    Don't make me come get you....

Question

Any of you from the south ride the BST from point of the mountain to LCC? I heard it's pretty much doable the whole way, but when I tried in early summer I only made it to corner canyon from point of the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    Any of you from the south ride the BST from point of the mountain to LCC? I heard it's pretty much doable the whole way, but when I tried in early summer I only made it to corner canyon from point of the mountain.
    I know it's possible to ride to the church up on Wasatch, but I haven't done it in a couple years. I guess there was a landowner that was pretty possessive about his land up there and was blocking it off for a while.

BUMP!
    Who's riding this weekend?
    I've got to start moving but I'll definately be looking to ride sat and/or sunday.

Lynx and I want to ride Saturday after the BD swap.

Not sure on any solid plans, but I'll PM you if we go.

Works for me, I picked up a shift tonight and I'll be getting off work at 8:00 am so I'll prolly take a nap in the morning.

I'd probably like to go tomorrow also. Lemme know where you go!

I'll be riding tomorrow. Foxy, give me a call in the morning.

Fair warning - Sammy Kershaw's playing at the Port tonight, so I'll be a little hung over.

I'm in for tomorrow, sounds like in the saddle by noonish maniloff? Altachic said "afternoon", maybe she could be talked into our timeframe? Altachic? Lynx? utsnowgirl? Anyone else?

Shepherd, be in touch sometime in the AM and we'll coordinate. I live in Sugarhouse and can accommodate another bike or two.

Maniloff, Sammy Kershaw = Country Music?

Last edited by beaterdit; 10-21-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    I'm in for tomorrow, sounds like in the saddle by noonish maniloff? Altachic said "afternoon", maybe she could be talked into our timeframe? Altachic? Lynx? utsnowgirl? Anyone else?
    With my friends, that's optimistic. Early afternoon could work for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Maniloff, Sammy Kershaw = Country Music?
    Philistine. Speaking of which, I've got a bar to get to.

I wanna go! What is not covered in snow right now?

I'm in Fruita this weekend, so I'm out for any Utah riding.

Perfect conditions here though.... I love biking in the fall!!!

tomorrow (sun) im going to be driving my car around cones and trying not to have any spin outs this time.

AC ended up having to go to work and i ended up taking a nap after the BD swap cause i didn't sleep the night before, so no riding for us today unfortunately.

Bummer, maybe next week.
    I'm meeting Maniloff @ the REI parking lot, SE corner, @ 33rd and 33rd @ 1200 noon. Talked about heading to American Fork to ride, but we could be open to other options too. If anyone wants to go, be there. I'm heading down from Sugar House with room to spare so PM me by 11:30 if you'd like to carpool.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 10-22-2006 at 10:45 AM.