any EC hardcore kooks hittin' it?

a few of my buds hit the contoocook this morning. i haven't heard the report yet.

personally, it would be way to sketch for me to hit it right now. whitewater and ice climbing scare the shit out of me.

my buds quick overview of yesterday....

"it was BIG today. Not the biggest I have run it, but pumping! Freight Train explodes at that level, and there is no good place to eddy. The sun was bright, it was warm and I caught some great surfs. I grabbed one wave that was so clean and glassy with just a little foam curler at the top that was so steep I felt like I was flying!! You could drop from crest to trough and glide back up with only 1/2 the boat in the water. I road that bitch for about 3 minutes before I got cocky and kicked me out the side.

epic day. just wish that there was time to do it twice. thinking about the Warner for Monday. it should be low enough to run then, I hope not too low >>> you in??

My New Year's resolution was to do more V boating this year, but we have had NO water... maybe I can catch up."

It's been a slow spring here in WV. I've only gotten about six or eight good creeking days in myself, plus a few Big Sandy and Upper Yough runs. I wish we were getting some of your water right about now (minus the flooding, of course...)

edit: did you say NO water? I thought NE was getting pummeled right now?!!
    Last edited by MarsB; 05-18-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB
    edit: did you say NO water? I thought NE was getting pummeled right now?!!
    up until this we haven't had much rain and no real run off from the snow melt as it was a weak snow year. now that the leaves have popped were pretty much done unless we get the big rains. well...there's always the damn release rivers!