Did Icelink kill my ipod's battery?

My ipod now will not play - says it is out of battery power - unless it is plugged in. I use it primarily in my car through the icelink system, which charges it constantly.

It's a 2-year old mini, if that matters.

What do you think?

the average life of an ipod battery is 1.5-2yrs. Apple has had some serious complaints about this since the battery is not replaceable. They now offer a disclosure about it on their website, but its that fine print at the bottom of the page. They will do two things. either you can send it in to be 'refurbished' which they will charge you almost the price of a new ipod OR when you initially purchase it, they will charge you something like $59 for a battery replacement program and then when your battery keels over they only charge you $59 for the refurbishment. Either way, you lose all the info on your ipod when they do the work and it costs you over $100 for the damned battery. if you want to avoid this bitch of a problem you can go with a sandisk mp3 player or a creative labs mp3 player, both of which have replaceable batteries.. Best case scenerio is that you purchased an 'aftermarket' warrrenty for 3-5 years from wherever you bought it and they will just give you a new one.