Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    WSD--I would be SO STOKED if you or all you guys made it out here. I owe you and L a tour and I promise you won't be disappointed. We can stay up in the Sawtooths, camp on Red Fish Lake and ride the GOODNESS!

Get it done, girl. I'll buff everything out for you guys.
    I'd love to get out there! sounds amazing, and I've heard for ages how good the riding is. Would be fun to see you and your pups again!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Is there any good camping in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn
    Is there any good camping in the area?
    plenty, down by the river (in a van) heading out of town towards Galena Summit...I am sure the SV mags could provide exact deets.

sounds good. i would need something easy to access that I wouldn't get hassled at for having a dog, 2 vehicles and a 5x10 u-haul trailer in tow.

Yes there is good camping, both free and pay, all over the area. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in coming out this way and I'll get you dialed in on a few nice spots.
    "I don't feel tardy"

BUMP 'cause shit is going off over here. TR to come very soon. Get up here and git it!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

hells yeah...i will be up with the boys for our annual pilgramage in early August. Few days in SV, and a few days up over the summit near Red Fish Lake...can not wait. i will make a post before we leave so as to try and arrange a ride or two with some local SV mags, or at least have a proper Grumpys and Leftys session one evening (hope my mug is still hanging on the ceiling).

I'm trying to get over there Sat-Sun to bike....any advice on 2 rides? Do you know how far it is from Jackson? I haven't ridden there for years, so I don't remember any names.

I just watched a bunch of sled-accessed b.c. footage from SV. You guys have a good thing going on over there, I had no idea.

What's the best time of year for a trip there? sounds like lph would be up for it, but I'm thinking we'll need to plan for next summer. I have a feeling this summer is already booked up with bike trips (not that that's a bad thing!).

Rev - you have any plans to get back out here anytime? If so - we need to take you to Downieville!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

The best riding takes place in June/early July and then for the truly mind-blowing scene, come in the second half of September or early October. Best bring your camera.

Slippy--give me a shout if you're coming this weekend. I have a wedding on Sunday but could probably take you for a good ride on Saturday. Let me know!

WSD--Just grab L and git out here. It will equal or surpass anywhere else you're planning on visiting, I gar-un-tee it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Rev....we're gonna be up in Stanley this weekend riding Potato Mountain/Little Basin area. Any beta on the trail condition this year? You're welcome to join us if you want to make it over

I'm going to SV, baby. May stay longer if trails are really good.....will PM you.

I'm heading up tomorrow morning for a couple of days. Do you SV locals have time for mid-week rides? Probably ride Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.

I might head up to ID this weekend (7/15-16) if anyone is interested...

Flyk--It's on tomorrow night. Make sure you're here by 5:30pm and I'll take you on a good ride (unlike Slip, who got a very, very hungover Reverend). We have softball Wednesday night and then I'm gone for the weekend so tomorrow night only!

Paticle--Sorry to have missed you. I have heard of your skills, young jedi. PM Jimmy Page if you want a tour guide for the weekend.

Rev, you're pm box is full. Shoot me you're # and i'll call tomorrow.

Bummer Rev, I'd like to ride with ya. Maybe later this summer...I'll ping JP if I do head up.

Particle, I should be around this weekend. Let me know if you want to go for a ride.
    "I don't feel tardy"