Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrooms

Shrooms

To all the experienced trippers out there, I recently got my hands on some magic mushrooms and...

How long are the after effects, I know the trip is about 5 hours, but how long before you can begin to be function normally? Or is it just like a hangover

How much should i take, I was thinking a gram for a first timer, is that good?

Any info, recommendations, stories is as always appreciated and entertaining.

eat a little (couple of caps or a couple of stems). you can then eat more if you like. Be careful because the ride is a bunch of peaks and valleys. Lots of folks go wrong by considering the "valley" the end of the trip. It is not. You know the trip is ending when all the booze starts getting you drunk. Be careful cause many have gone too far with the shrooms. Have fun, be moderate and don't be fooled by temporary sobriety during the ride.

Outdoors is much better than indoors.

have fun

the only after effects I know of is a sore face from laughing so much.

Your best bet is to eat only the caps, as they are stronger, therefore you don't need to take as much. In your case I would stick with the one gram. Just make sure you are in an enviroment where you feel comfortable, and with people you enjoy being around. I can only descrige it as a very intense high, but on the same level and enviroment like being stoned. Tommorow shouldn't be any worse than a normal hangover, just tired. Other than that have a blast man.
    "SOMETIMES BEING A SOLDIER SUCKS" -- SQUADRON XO

Remember that old cook's addage: you can always add more but you can't take it out once you've added it. That applies!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    Remember that old cook's addage: you can always add more but you can't take it out once you've added it. That applies!

Sprite
    Just be careful of the valleys. I've seen numerous occasions where friends have eaten more because they thought they were done, only to have the first dose kick back in.

eat them all at once. it'll give you a good sense for your level of tolerance.

I don't recommend making shroom Tea, then consuming 5-6 cups because you're impatient and it takes 30-45 minutes to really kick in while your friend has only 1, all the while thinking your parents were gone for the evening when they in fact return right as things really kick in.

I also don't recommend going to bed early because you're "tired" and not really enjoying talkking to your parents and your friend has left feeling good, and then laying down on a water bed (ouch, dated myself there) while the ceiling and walls breathe.

Wondering if "gee, maybe I had too much, should I tell my parents, do I need to go to the hosptial?" While in the adjacent laundry room your father is yelling to no one in particular because somone has put too much soap in the washing machine and its overflowing, "ONLY 1/2 a CUP, A 1/2 a CUP IS ALL YOU NEED!"

I DO recommend taking them in the outdoors with friends where you may or may not have epiphanies such as "Gee, I'd be great to be an animal in the forest. Animals must have fun getting to run around and play all the time".

"Except a mosquito (slap), or a bug. Bugs have no fun."
    Move upside and let the man go through...

All you need to know and more.... much, much more...
    http://www.shroomery.org/

But, I agree with Spat, eat those things.

(avoid mirrors at all costs... and midgets)

Eat all of them and see God. If you get bugged out just move to a different spot.

Ginding them up in a coffee grinder and putting them in empty capsules is a great way to go if you can't take the taste. They do hit you faster. Just don't wash them down with OJ on an empty stomach, nothing worse than puking your guts out while trippin hard. I think the tea is a good way to go.

alright...I'll incriminate myself

to answer your questions. My rule of thumb was to always split an eighth with someone and as far as after effects went...besides being tired from being up all night, I was always fine the next day. Mushies are way easier to fall asleep on compared to LSD. In fact, depending on what you get...you may experience "the yawns." After you come down, I would suggest engaging your mind in something like chess or a book. Chess was always great if you trip with someone and doing something academic keeps you from turning into a blob. Video games and movies can be really sweet too, but I always enjoyed the quietness of a book or chess...it gave me a chance to take a breath! Make sure you are ready, with the right people, and in the right enviorment. All 3 are very key, and most of all...have a great time!

I wish I could tell all my stories...but lets start with the first time.

Summer 1995. The start of my junior year. Last weekend before school started. Three-a-days of football camp had just ended and my friends and I were headed to the Philadelphia Folk Fest(45 year old hippie fest). We were going to sneek into the music adjoining the campground through, our mortal enimies, the gypsies campsite. With one swift leap over the red wooden, sand-dune fence we were in the health tent. A quick scurry under the empty medical beds(obviously, noone had the brown Acid yet) and out comes the shovel. We dig a hole under the softball backstop and marine style slither into the gypsies campsite... fill in the hole and change shirts, of course! We've done this before!

With worn in tiedies(never buy anything from anyone with a brand new tiedie shirt), we make our way towards the the final task. Stick our hands in our pockets, so not to reveal we haven't any braclettes and blend in through the final gate into the music. Getting a schedule is key for it allows you to know when the gypsies kids will be manning the gate.
    Great Bands Playing=Kids on duty!
    Hearts racing and balls sweating...we dip our heads nonschalontly and meander right thruogh the gate. Riley can't believe how easy it was this year! Luckily we run into some girls we know and nothing can make you more invisible than a few hotties by your side. They precede to tell us they've found "crusty." Known on the left coast as "sunshine." Legendary stories have been circulating of an accident where the police showed up and this kid had to eat a whole sheet of acid! It turned out to be true, and he didn't dissapoint. Sad story really, I guess when he went home he was buggin' out and his parents chained him to his bed for 3 days b/c they didn't know what to do with him. After he got loose he ran away to San Diego. He said it was good for him and he handed me some mushrooms.
    "Holey ," I said, "I don't want to end up like you."
    Crusty replied, "I can't be that bad...hell, I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face in two years!"
    Live and Let Learn and down the hatch they went.

The rest I'll leave up to you...it's your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    eat them all at once. it'll give you a good sense for your level of tolerance.
    Listen to Splat, or at least loose the HST photo.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

my recommendations:

turn off your phone
    take off your watch
    go outside

enjoy.

MMMMM fresh cow pie.

Go camping. Allthough I wouldnt necessarily reccomend it for the first time, the Desert ie: Utah is a truly magical place to be, in particular Escalante Canyon. Also a Northwest forest is pretty amazing. Video Games and movies are fun too, but outdoors is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Also get yourself a good pair of sunglasses, mirrored lenses are excellent for avoiding direct eye contact or feeling to self concious.

Bring a good amount of water, and dont forget to pee!

that is all.

edit, oh and booze makes for a much better come down, a nice light beer, say PBR perhaps. Just dont go overboard, as it will cetch up with you eventually

and pack it in, pack it out.
    Last edited by HikeforTurns; 05-12-2006 at 05:39 PM.

We're all assuming you're talking about Psilocybin, (pointy pixie hats) and not Fly Agaric, or summat weird, btw...
    I've only ever dropped 'shrooms in England. I think US shrooms are slightly different, but...

A lot like Acid, but gentler, less "jagged", and not so long lasting. Yeh 5 hrs sounds about right
    However you take 'em, they'll taste like dirt (I always preferred honey sandwiches to tea)
    It's highly likely you'll get tearful/snotty/phlegmy, I've found.
    "RootSkier" thinks otherwise
    You won't overdose. So go for it.
    BTW, If you share with some of us on here, you'll have a much better time.
    Karma & The Goddess etc...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

while on the trip, exactly how functional are you. Lets say if you had to talk to your parents. Would you be able to focus enough and not have it be completly obvious that the person looked like cat in the hat

the most important thing is to start with a small amount and slowly go up if you want. DO NOT eat a shitload your first time. Ive found that putting them in a samwich works well if you cant stand the taste. Go outside, go to a beach if possible, and make sure you feel safe.

You could eat the whole bag and find out just how good they are. but keep in mind that a gram of really good shrooms can send you on your way for hours. If they're not so potent you may end up eating a whole eighth.
    tripping in the desert is the best, imo- Canyonlands, Zion, Arches; but wherever you do decide to take them, make sure it's outside and try to avoid non-trippers. I never could take shrooms at shows, just got too weirded out and paranoid being inside and around all those people. guess that's what LSD is for.
    Old's Cool.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big One
    while on the trip, exactly how functional are you. Lets say if you had to talk to your parents. Would you be able to focus enough and not have it be completly obvious that the person looked like cat in the hat
    No. And they make my stomach all achy in the morning.

definitely do not run into a guy you have a big crush on and make an ass of yourself laughing your ass off at his green shirt and the fact that his name is Leif.

I have nearly split my cheeks laughing at times. What a fun ride. (but it's been YEARS).

I hope none of us are planning to run for office anytime soon.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Big One
    depends on how hard your tripping. you might be able to function adequately OR you might absolutely loose it and bust out in a huge violent fit of laughter. who knows? as far as drugs go, shrooms are some of the most unpredictable. that's why it's best to avoid all contact with non-trippers.
    Old's Cool.

FUCKING STONERS.