Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Shrooms

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    Thanks. It was seven years ago...I had just not properly dealt with everything. SO much better now. Phsychedelics can REALLY, really heal if done properly.
    Wow, insightful, thank you

About a month ago I was camping with a friend I've know for a few years, enjoying an amazing sunset and talking about DMT. He produces his own, and is very very familiar with the compound. I've known about it for many years, but have never taken the plunge, despite many tempting opportunities.

We spoke for over an hour, and he was extremely open and gracious with his time discussing the science, physical and brain chemistry, and just about anything I wanted to converse about, including his very intimate experiences and long term journeys with the drug.

I learned a lot, even after reading the aforementioned book, and from countless times seeing people on and going in and out of a DMT experience. Hell, I can tell you if it's being smoked within 20 yards of me. The smell is very unique.

Still haven't gone down that path, but I don't doubt that it is an option that I may visit at some time in my life.

BTW, my friend is a very well respected practicing physician.

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    This. I had my first experience with this back in July of this year with DTM. LIFE CHANGING. Especially for someone who has recently gone through some anxiety/panic attacks and mental health issues after not dealing properly with past trauma in my life (AKA, losing our daughter). I am SO glad DTM convinced me this was a good idea.
    I did however read How to Change Your Mind before we did this. A must before anyone's first time. Mine was more of a guided experience by Dan so it felt very, very safe.
    Glad to hear it L.
    Tour guides for first times are a good step.

Curious if you realized how many times people were recreational shrooming around you at early 2000s maggot parties in UT

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Glad to hear it L.
    Tour guides for first times are a good step.

Curious if you realized how many times people were recreational shrooming around you at early 2000s maggot parties in UT
    At that exact time, no....but I quickly realized it a few months later. I was surrounded by a lot of that at the ski school, so I was no stranger to it just hadn't tried it!
    Very much looking forward to our next TRIP already.
    And dang, would have been fun to do shrooms with you AND Natty Dread!
    you sketchy character, you

Sorry to read about the daughter, I just can't imagine.

to the subject haven't messed with Physics since 1984 / college / Dead great memories though. And from the first page, boy do I remember my face just hurting from laughing. When it was raining was particularly fun. Remember one night it was just a massive rainstorm, and getting pissed cause I would make the paper boats from the curious George book, and the minute I tried to take them outside, to float them down the curb, they'd be drenched and in pieces.
    "Can't you see..."

Some favorite shroom tunes/albums:

Hon. mentions to Yes Close To The Edge and Jefferson Airplane After Bathing At Baxter's
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I haven't ever laughed that hard in my entire 39 years. Like, SO MUCH joy is was not containable. I wish so badly that people could experience this in a very positive way. I cried, I laughed, I cried again and then laughed the rest of the night. Life.changing.
    you sketchy character, you

For you folks who want plug and play:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sporetraders/

Shrooms

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Psychedelics are good. And scary. And sometimes even fun.
    There couldn’t a better or more simplified way to put it!

I have come to the conclusion psychedelic trips are really best at times in our lives where we have very few concerns, fears, and unknowns. Just doesn’t fit the bill for me as it did many years ago.
    However, micro dosing, especially now that mushroom concentrate has emerged seems to be a fine way to have some fun.
    Last edited by schwerty; 10-17-2019 at 07:37 AM.

I think at the very least, when doing psychedelics, you should be very aware that you are going to adjust your brain chemistry in an acute manner right then. And there will be effects that long outlast an alcohol bender that you might be used to and think will just merit posting in a hangover thread.

That is a good thing, I believe. It should last forever. What you do with that insight is up to you. You can blow it on a phish show, an after party late night cap, or something much bigger. Or it could destroy you.

Know all your drugs, but you won't know them until you test and research them and do them as appropriate for you, or not, which is a totally valid option. Seriously, know what drugs you are doing, test if necessary (I mean chemically test them). There are a lot of compounds out there, some not so good, and some, not what you think you are consuming that require different protocols. It's a serious game, your mind and chemistry is.

Ive done a bit of fry and quite a bit of boomers in my day. Haven't ate sid in a long time but still will eat a headful of boomers for a spring ski day or camping in the desert or at a Umphrees McGee show if the time is right. Agreed that you have to be in a positive headspace for it. I follow a group called "the shroomery" on facebook. It is amazing what can be grown in a Tupperware container in your closet. You can get syringes of just about any kind of trippy shroom spore shipped legally to a PO Box that you pay cash for and have in someone elses name.
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 10-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Back in the day when I was living in Miami we used to travel to the interior ranches, drink beer and pick mushrooms that grew on the cow shit. ( I think that we helped Elvin Bishop with the Steelin Watermelons line: "Farmer Brown caught me one dark night, stealing' melons by the mellow moonlight. He cocked his shotgun, his old dog bit me....should of heard me holler when the rock salt hit me.")
    Now, I live across the street from a cow ranch in UT. No goodies grow in these fields. What's up with that? Are they mormon cows?
    Grew up in brevard county florida and know where the fields of gold are. Full moon nights after a thunderstorm me and my best friend would take my dads canoe out to the St Johns river east of Orlando and fill garbage bags full in the cow patties where ranchers ran cattle on the floodplain. 40lbs in 3hrs picking not unheard of. Always tap the cap in the grass around it for the next generation. If you went to FSU from 1993 to 95 and got some boomers the were most likely mine.

So many crazy stories making those runs. Standard practice was to eat a couple at the tail of our picking to enjoy the sunrise. One day peaking and paddling back to the boat launch we hear a fanboat coming. NBD theres lots of airboats on the St Johns. Comes around the corner and its a Fish and Game officer. Fuckkkkk. He idles down and rolls up to us. What you boys doing out here so early? Just some fishing. Catch anything? No. Licenses? Right here. Whats in those garbage bags. Ummmmm ahhhhh. Trash. Goddammit boy there aint no fucken trash this far out in da swamp. Show me whats innit. I open a bag he is disappointed its cubeniscus mushrooms and not reefer or a couple k's of coke dropped from a plane. Dont you boys have something better to be doing? Yessir! And he lets us go with the boomers. He motored away as my brain was melting. I bet if I could line up a boat on a trip home that I could go to the same spot and load up lol.
    Bunny Don't Surf

First surf trip to Playa Hermosa staying in Jaco Beach Costa Rica in 91. I was 16 traveling with some older surfers from my neighborhood . We walk from the cabina to the soda for some beer. Couple cases of Imperial in hand my buddy flags down a taxi cab. I'm like WTF we are a block away from our place. STFU kook so I do as Im told and hop in the backseat. My buddy jumps in front and says una marihuana por favor. Si mucho grande marihuana and he pulls a lid of Columbian gold out of a box under his seat. Fuck yeah score for a couple thousand colonies! Te gusta los setas? I had no idea what that meant till he pulled a bag on the fattest psilocybin shrooms i had ever seen. Purple as fuck. Si muchos gracias. Another couple thou colonie and we are stoked. Drink some beers smoke a fatty and eat a couple caps then a couple more. Walk down to the beach at sunset, thunderstorm off in the distance, steam coming off the jungle and the ocean is phosphorescening! The waves are glowing purple. Fish in the water purple lines shooting back and forth. TRIPPING. FUCKING. BAWLZ. Then we see them. Huge glowing orbs advancing toward the beach. Massive. OMG WTF Holy Shit what is it??? Leatherback sea turtles coming ashore to lay eggs. Bigger than a minivan. That trip to costa was the first time I surfed on boomers. What an experience! Later in life I read that the central america varietals of psilocybin mushrooms are the strongest around. Indeed!
    Bunny Don't Surf

^^^That sounds rad

Cubensis are the most common strain. They make up most of the "Shrooms" on the market. They are grown worldwide. The potency is typically dictated by the food source (grain, manure etc) and age from harvest. Pretty harmless and hard to overdo IMO.
    Giv'r
    Hello darkness my old friend

I recall the most profound insight gleaned from the experience of heightened awareness elicited from ingestion of the spore sample kit.

Railways serve two purposes:

1. Transportation of goods and stuff.

2. The rail lines tie the continents together, mitigating a disintegration which they surely would have faced had humans not saved them from their natural fate.
    Master of mediocrity.