Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Shrooms

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Same amount of times you've dodged the 'have you actually done boomers' question. Just relaying what you've heard or experienced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star
    The only reference to the net I made was going to shroomery.org to get information on hallucinogenic mushrooms. My personal experience with psilocybes leads me to believe that the information on shroomery.org is helpful and useful.
    that quote from me is from post number 85, in case it didn't show up for some reason.

that quote from me is from post number 85, in case it didn't show up for some reason.
    So what is your "personal experience" then?

Or are you still lying? Remember this? It's why you're suspect.

But, how would I know, even after personal experience with LSD, whether it rewires my brain or not?
    Can't say I've ever used LSD, actually. Though I'd be interested in seeing what it's like.
    Starts at post #83 then to #90 if they both didn't show up for some reason.
    Last edited by BlurredElevens; 05-14-2006 at 10:50 PM.

I think it's safe to say that bad long-term results from the use of lsd/shrooms is a tiny fraction of the population that has used them.

A small fraction of anyone doing something extreme end up in bad places, but that's no reason not to do it if you have the desire to and feel you might enjoy it or benefit from it in some small way. Just a thought, but skiing comes to mind here.

Haven't read the post. But drugs are SO RAD! If you're going to do that shit then just do it, don't ask on the internet about it.

DisArray Guest
    While psychedelic drugs such as Shrooms, LSD, and Marijuana might not fuck up your life in as devastating a way as so called 'hard' drugs such as Heroin or Cocaine, to claim that that have no effect on an individual, as some on this board have claimed, is misleading at best, and flat out deceptive and irresponsible at worst.
    Taking psychedelic drugs can have a profoundly negative impact on someones psychological and emotional well being. My personal experience is that smoking marijuana clouds ones thinking, lowers motivation, and makes one generally apathetic, towards one self and others, making it much more difficult to acheive anything, including ones goals in life.
    Taking LSD or Shrooms forces you into a purely subjective state which can cause a disconnect with reality, deep emotional problems, and strange behavior which can affect one's relationships with others. Often it is harder to feel empathy, form a connection with other others, and existing relationships as a result can become strained.
    My experience is that people who have recently taken Psychedelics seem to be forgetfull and airheaded, and while generally the same person, they seem to be 'missing' something afterward. And that is probably the most disturbing part, to me, because it is not something that can be quantified, like an addiction to hard drugs, but a more general erosion of the self and one's talents in which a person is not, has not, and perhaps will not achieve their full potential in life, and become a self actualized person. Mediocrity seems to be the end result. So attack me if you want, I am not an expert. I am just giving you my opinion based on my own observation.
    Last edited by DisArray; 05-15-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I read some of these posts, and quit, but without looking at the build up since I'll say: there is no surety how strong shrooms will be, one to the next. A 3/4" blackish blue one with a cap smaller than a pencil eraser, can be much stronger than one with a 2 inch cap.

If you have a desire to maintain your present view of reality, then psychedelics are something you should stay clear of, but if you are looking to expand your perception of reality, you might as well as eat a dose that will effectively transport you to a different paradigm. Eat an eighth, and allow sufficient time to incorporate an entirely different world-view into your schedule. Yeah baby, drop in.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV
    NEVER EVER eat them on an empty stomach. Bad advice....
    i said emptyish

Read some of the thread, mostly good advice:

- Be with other tripping friends in a comfortable place, especially for first-timers.
    - I cannot uber-emphasize the importance of being in a good place pscyhologically going into something like this: tripping hard + an ongoing existential crisis=a bad thing (trust me...).
    - A little reefer/booze makes the edge of coming down a little easier (for me, at least).
    - Shrooms can wreck havock with some stomaches (especially if you are prone to indegistion, etc.). Making tea is a good alternative and doesn't taste like shit. There is a good recipe out there (the web) that is composed of orange juice (for the vit. c), black licorice tea, and a little ginseng. Good stuff. Not eating on an empty stomache can also help prevent feeling like you've poisened yourself.
    - RE: dosage, I would rec. caution for first time trippers; 1 gram is a good amount.
    Last edited by PassTheDutchie; 05-15-2006 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold
    If things go wrong,
    Eat some yogurt.

"people who have recently taken Psychedelics seem to be forgetfull and airheaded, and while generally the same person, they seem to be 'missing' something afterward."

*COUGH*dumbass*COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by DisArray
    Mediocrity seems to be the end result.
    garbage in, garbage out
    Last edited by cj001f; 05-15-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Elvis has left the building

Boil the shrooms (all of them) in Apple cider, throwing in 2 peeled and diced oranges and a cinammon stick. Boil them for about 15 minutes, strain, and measure out even quantities for all participants. Freeze the leftovers. I've had great results from thawed shroom cider a year later.

Eat some shrooms and stare at this...

"Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

stare at my avatar until you see god

Quote Originally Posted by The Big One
    while on the trip, exactly how functional are you. Lets say if you had to talk to your parents. Would you be able to focus enough and not have it be completly obvious that the person looked like cat in the hat
    In my experience you'll be able to carry on a conversation if you have to. It was another lifetime for me when I last enjoyed in the organic stuff but on more than one occasion I was able to carry on whole conversations, I was never sure though what exactly I had said vs what I thought about saying. When stuck in this situation, I would just stick to basics. I will say even for crappy midwest flatland skiing, I would caution against doing anything that requires good reaction like skiing. Had a little experience up in Michigan back in the 80's and it didn't work out so well. Other than that, I agree with the others be outside. My favorite experience was walking around a golf course in the middle of the night with a bunch of friends in the Minnesota North Woods. The northern lights were VERY active and it was an exceptional experience.

Good Luck,
    Jay

I just remebered this. If you eat shrooms with Oreos, they kill the taste. Seriously.

did you eat them yet?

if you make it through and like it, build up and then go skiing next winter for some good times. woods really are magical.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

just rememeber, if you have to talk to someone (ie parents), you may be able to talk fine and everything, but your pupils will be HUGE....

just a thought to keep in mind...

I think the TR is a bit overdue at this point, let's see the pics

haven't taken them yet, probly gonna wait till after final exams, that way I'll be happy and carefree.

Any suggestions for eating them. I dont want to deal with tea or any of that complicated stuff. I was thinking putting them on a pizza and chomping down.

I would recommend eating the whole lot about 2 hours before your exams.

When I was at school, myself and a few friends dropped some acid at about 8.30am and went to class. About 3 hours later in English class. Each person in the class had to read a couple of sentences from Shakespeare.

We all did fine except for one of the guys who was basically off his head. He tried to read, couldn't.... looked up at each person in the classroom, went bright red, started crying, pissed his pants and ran out. Good times good times.

Like I said, 2 hours before the exam ok.

make the tea. heat water in a microwave until boiling, toss shrooms in for 10 min or so, strain, drink it up.

not so tough on you, but oh so much less tough on your stomach. enjoy.
    Live To Ski!

Taking psychedelic drugs can have a profoundly negative impact on someones psychological and emotional well being. (blah blah blah)

....a more general erosion of the self and one's talents in which a person is not, has not, and perhaps will not achieve their full potential in life, and become a self actualized person. Mediocrity seems to be the end result.
    This is so ridiculous on so many levels. How do you know how many successful people have used or use psychedelics? It seems you are basing your assertions on a very few examples that you know about.

I can guarantee that there are millions of successful people out there who don't regret for a second what they have learned because of psychedelics. Many people wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

Just because you know a few people with problems who did drugs means nothing. For every one of those people, there are ten people who are fucked up and never "experimented" with psychedelics.

I am sorry that you have such a narrow view of the world. Psychedelics have played an important role in many cultures in history.

Though I don't take them anymore, I am very glad I have experienced the worlds that can be visited with the help of safe and natural enhancements.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    While psychedelic drugs such as Shrooms, LSD, and Marijuana might not fuck up your life in as devastating a way as so called 'hard' drugs such as Heroin or Cocaine, to claim that that have no effect on an individual, as some on this board have claimed, is misleading at best, and flat out deceptive and irresponsible at worst.
    Taking psychedelic drugs can have a profoundly negative impact on someones psychological and emotional well being. My personal experience is that smoking marijuana clouds ones thinking, lowers motivation, and makes one generally apathetic, towards one self and others, making it much more difficult to acheive anything, including ones goals in life.
    Taking LSD or Shrooms forces you into a purely subjective state which can cause a disconnect with reality, deep emotional problems, and strange behavior which can affect one's relationships with others. Often it is harder to feel empathy, form a connection with other others, and existing relationships as a result can become strained.
    My experience is that people who have recently taken Psychedelics seem to be forgetfull and airheaded, and while generally the same person, they seem to be 'missing' something afterward. And that is probably the most disturbing part, to me, because it is not something that can be quantified, like an addiction to hard drugs, but a more general erosion of the self and one's talents in which a person is not, has not, and perhaps will not achieve their full potential in life, and become a self actualized person. Mediocrity seems to be the end result. So attack me if you want, I am not an expert. I am just giving you my opinion based on my own observation.
    ^Summary: Just say no to drugs!

Better to be in pharmaceutical sales than to be a customer.

"Number four: know you heard this before...Never get high, on your own supply"
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bklyntrayc
    "Number four: know you heard this before...Never get high, on your own supply"