Question FAKES??? Need Help from Oakley Crowbars owners

Hi there,

I am based in Spain and I wanted to buy some Oakley Crowbars, but the markup of Oakley products sold in Europe is huge so I decided to follow the eBay path. So I bought a pair of brand new Crowbar Goggles (Metallic Silver w/ Fire Iridium Lens) on eBay from a German seller. Being in Europe, it makes more sense to buy from a EU seller than a US seller due to cheaper shipping costs and no custom tax. This is the link for the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=8801967691&ru

I got this for €78 (U$99) shipping included. That beats the hell out of their retail price in Europe (€170 = U$215) and even a nice discount from retail in the US (U$140)

It is my understanding that all Oakley eye products (sunglasses, prescription frames and goggles) are MADE IN USA. But to my surprise when I received them today and opened the box, there is a "MADE IN CHINA" inscription on the left (with the googles on) front side of the plastic frame under the lens.

The goggles themselves, the Fire Iridium lens, the headstrap (w/ the inner silicone strip for helmet use), the box, product info, warranty card, carrying bag/cleaning cloth, all seem pretty original. But in this sophisticated world of fakes you never know. This is why I ask for the help of current Oakley Crowbar owners anywhere to tell me if you do find this "MADE IN CHINA" inscription on the left front side of the plastic frame (under the lens) in your goggles. Thanks.
    "...climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are naught without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end." - Edward Whymper, Scramble Amongst The Alps

im not sure but i thought that only oakley sunglasses are made in us, shoes in korea i think and rest in china etc..

Seeing as they came out this year, I'd be impressed if they managed to put out a fake that quickly. Not saying they couldn't though. Go to a local dealer and compare the two.

Mine say Made in Canada.

Mine say made in china too and i bought them at a legit retailer, albeit for a massive discount. I doubt urs and mine are fakes

go play with some at a shop, if the plastic feels super-different - Fakes. Typically they don't fake the goggs much, as it's a lot tougher to do than sunglasses and they sell for less than the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by KungPowder
    Mine say made in china too and i bought them at a legit retailer, albeit for a massive discount. I doubt urs and mine are fakes
    If you don't mind myself asking, where did you buy them?
    "...climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are naught without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end." - Edward Whymper, Scramble Amongst The Alps

Quote Originally Posted by schuss
    go play with some at a shop, if the plastic feels super-different - Fakes.
    I've tried the local stores, none of them carry them. Plenty of A-frames and Wisdoms but no Crowbars. That's why I thought I might consult this forum. Thanks.

Those look pretty legit. I'd do it.
    Here's why:

Like schuss said, you don't usually see counterfeit goggles (too small a market, why bother when you can crank out and sell hundreds of Foakley sunglasses on the street-corner).

Like dirtybryan said, they are pretty new for a knockoff.

I own two pairs, and these look legit from the pictures. I'll check for the China imprint, but a knockoff iridium lense would be easy to tell a mile away.

My sister's boyfriend is an Oakley rep, I'll check with him for sure (hence, how I have two pairs.. )
    Montani Semper Liberi

they're legit. Some Oakley goggle frames are made in China, but every lens, and sunglass is made in Cali at Oakley.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist
    If you don't mind myself asking, where did you buy them?
    sorry man couldnt tell you. All i know is that it was some place in vail village near the lionshead gondola