Helicopter gun video....ONS you got one of these?

"you wanna hit the trucks? he's wounded, fuck it, hit 'em."

what the hell is that and where is it from? is it real? when do they just randomly shoot people from a helicpoter with no mercy?

those guys got fuckin torn apart.
    Last edited by dipstik; 01-13-2004 at 08:11 PM.

Originally posted by dipstik
    "you wanna hit the trucks? he's wounded, fuck it, hit 'em."

what the hell is that and where is it from? is it real? when do they just randomly shoot people from a helicpoter with no mercy?

those guys got fuckin torn apart.
    Most likely footage from a war, I have seen lots of similar things. If it's not real then they sure did an excellent job of faking everything.

Faaaaacck....

That's some shit.

This is my buddy's last assignment,

"Matt had just driven 800 miles straight from north of Baghdad to the port in Kuwait moving equipment of the 3rd Armored Cavalry. Next he is drivingto Mousil (north of Baghdad) to pick up equipment of the 101st Airborneand take it to Kuwait."

He moves heavy equipment, basically transport for various divisions, two weeks ago they lost two and had several others injured. He says it's basically constant shelling in certain areas.
    Poor fucker has served his time and then some, Bush signed a bill which could essentially keep him there for a good while longer.

Pic of Matt going into Baghdad. War sucks.

Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    War sucks.

Well said.

There is a longer version of this where at the beggining you see the guys meet. Then one dude runs what appears to be a rifle or rocket launcher out into the field. Then another guy goes out and picks it up. The guys in the chopper call base, get permission to engage and well, if you watched it you know.

There are a few of these floating around in the Net. The last one I saw was out of Afganistan and they royally fucked up a Mosque being used as a terrorist staging area.

Originally posted by char
    There is a longer version of this where at the beggining you see the guys meet. Then one dude runs what appears to be a rifle or rocket launcher out into the field. Then another guy goes out and picks it up. The guys in the chopper call base, get permission to engage and well, if you watched it you know.

There are a few of these floating around in the Net. The last one I saw was out of Afganistan and they royally fucked up a Mosque being used as a terrorist staging area.
    I have seen a real serious one where a guy is trying to out run a bomb. War does suck.

it's camera footage from a TADS/PNVS (can't remember the first part, something having to do with infra-red targeting/Pilot's Night Vision System) aboard an AH-64 Apache - it's the targeting and night flying optics located at the front of the helicopter. They're attacking an artillery unit, most likely Iraqi, unless the Taliban had towed artillery. Those guns the troops are racing to fire are 105 or 120mm howitzers, which fire a big fucking shell.

I'm guessing this is from the second gulf war. The big concern for the heli crew is not sheer carnage, but before the war there was a very big concern over NBC (nuclear/bio/chem) rounds. Artillery is a great way to deliver those types of munitions if you can't get your airplanes to drop them for you, and the Iraqis DID have the capability - it's how they gassed their Kurds in '88. It's also how all the chemical rounds were delivered in WWI and I believe in Ethiopia by the Italians in WWII. And it was known that the Iraqis had been working on nuclear artillery rounds; we had 'em too. And once the shell's shot out, it's gone - you can't shoot down bullets, and that's what it is, a big bullet. That's why the grunts are being torn apart.

What would worry the helicopter crew is why the crews aren't trying to escape or surrender, and that they're trying to get their gun ready despite the chopper noise and then one of their comrades being torn apart. if they left them alone, they'd probably go right back to manning the gun.

and the apache is shooting a 30mm round from its chain gun, the cannon hung from the bottom. That's a big round - about the size in width of a silver dollar. Same size shell as the A-10 Warthog shoots. And they're armor-piercing, depleted uranium shells, meant to take out tanks. that's why it rips them apart.

Oh shit

war sucks
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care