Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    right at the lights, straight on till night

get yer vote on.. best photo - 05/06

and the nominees are...

1. iskibc's shot of kya on pyramid

2. slim's shot of shoelaces on hospital air

3. summit's pillow sequence of blurred

4. gt40's b/w shot of md9

5. astropax's shot of (i have no clue - let me know and i'll edit it in)

when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Thumbs up

Astropax

I've been quiet about this for a while. I think all of these photos are amazing.

Iskibcs shot of Kya on Pyramid is beautiful and majestic. It really captures the soul of mountaineering/skiing. Truely beautiful.

Slims shot of Ty speaks for itself. A huge, ballsy huck, and Ty having it balled up like it's nothing. Grand.

GTs shot of MD9 is a classic. Great composition, great form. Clearly a beautiful shot.

Astros image is incredible. He definitely froze in time the feeling of skiing pow on a sunny day. Does it get any better than that? I think not. Everything in that image jumps out at you, which shows his expertise with the camera.

As far as Summits photo, I'm obviously biased. That day meant a lot to me, and it's something I'm very proud of.
    Summits photography skills speak for themself. He clearly knows what he's doing.

With all of that being said, I don't understand the point of voting for one image to be the best. I think I speak for most when I say that all of these images are special, and they all offer something different. Making this a competition, (with nothing to offer to the winner I might add) can only take away from the incredible work of all the photogs/athletes. Why not just enjoy these images without
    making it into a competition?

Props to all, and thanks for the great images, stoke, and contributions.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    I've been quiet about this for a while. I think all of these photos are amazing.

Iskibcs shot of Kya on Pyramid is beautiful and majestic. It really captures the soul of mountaineering/skiing. Truely beautiful.

Slims shot of Ty speaks for itself. A huge, ballsy huck, and Ty having it balled up like it's nothing. Grand.

GTs shot of MD9 is a classic. Great composition, great form. Clearly a beautiful shot.

Astros image is incredible. He definitely froze in time the feeling of skiing pow on a sunny day. Does it get any better than that? I think not. Everything in that image jumps out at you, which shows his expertise with the camera.

As far as Summits photo, I'm obviously biased. That day meant a lot to me, and it's something I'm very proud of.
    Summits photography skills speak for themself. He clearly knows what he's doing.

With all of that being said, I don't understand the point of voting for one image to be the best. I think I speak for most when I say that all of these images are special, and they all offer something different. Making this a competition, (with nothing to offer to the winner I might add) can only take away from the incredible work of all the photogs/athletes. Why not just enjoy these images without

agree 100%....well said.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 05-03-2006 at 12:17 AM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Because someone has to be the best, you pussies. Jesus.

I vote for the picture of the girl fucking herself with an aluminum bat currently on display in the Padded Room.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    Because someone has to be the best, you pussies. Jesus.

I vote for the picture of the girl fucking herself with an aluminum bat currently on display in the Padded Room.
    agree 100%...well said.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

iskibc's shot truely makes me scared, but for some reason I have a nagging feeling that it shouldn't get full value because kya's not skiing. So gt40 it is.

awww shitballs what happened to the photo beave submitted on page 5

astropax for me though! Sensational photo astropax ... the colour of the goggles, nice even highlights, awesome light, awesome shot (nice camera too!)

Its impossible - IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

They are all great! I just broke down and voted for the pillowline. Its a really cool sequence (and line), and original too.
    All work and no play, ... you know...

so let me get this straight. if i dont vote than im a pussy, but if i do vote than im not giving credit to all the photags i didnt vote for?

i second the vote for the girl with the bat in the Padded Room. by doing this i give credit to the photag for taking a picture of pussy. i think that means im safe, right?
    Mom! The meatloaf! FUCK!.

astros pic wins hands down its incredible
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

PLEASE someone get all the shots that are available (loads more in the first thread) and do a calendar...and pay the photogs from the proceeds.

I'll get at least two.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Gotta go with Summit's. I like iskibc's shot really, really alot but, it's not the same kind of skiing shot like Summit's. Really guys, to all of you, amazing work. Nice jobs!

What ... there's a picture of a girl in the padded room with a bat stuffed deep inside her. How could I miss this???? I gotta check it out.

By the way there all great pic's. Nice work by all involved with these shots.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

There all good - beeyotches

Quote Originally Posted by hucksquaw
    i second the vote for the girl with the bat in the Padded Room. by doing this i give credit to the photag for taking a picture of pussy. i think that means im safe, right?
    3rd..........but I have to go with Blurred cuz it encompasses many of the aspects of SKIING………..soft snow, hucks, trees, balls, vision, blah blah blah.
    3rd on the calendar too! Count me in if it goes to print or start up $ is needed.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

BTW-Colorado SUX
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

If you jackoffs had gotten a decent picture of my huck, it would win by default!

WOW. Thospe pictures are all sick. Summits takes it, but iskibc isn't far behind
    Moving at the speed of a rampaging glacier.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens

Well said...

But if I have to vote, I nominate a photo that came in after this thread already started.

KUSH, you always have to go with Kush.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    [B]
    Kush loses his shit...literally

Thumbs up wow!

seeing them all lined up next to each other like that made the decision alot harder!

In the end, I voted for #4: gt40's black and white photo of md9. The exposure is damn near perfect, the composition is very nice, and IMHO the shot captures both the stillness of the mountains and the freedom and speed of skiing.

Two thumbs up!

Wow surprised more didn't vote for the Hospital Air shot. Although it's an incredibly tough call between 1 and 2 for me, and the others are great too.

I vote for #1 because it's not only an awesome photo but the sickest shit I saw on here all season.

I had to vote for #1, its an awesome photo, but number 5 was a close second, all this pics are amazing.

K I personally voted for blurred's line because it shows both sickter photog skills as well as skiing skills brought together- but I'm surprised Ty's shot isn't getting more love. Sure the photo wasn't taken with a top notch camera, but that drop is HUGE! So had I the chance I would have voted for Ty's next.

(All the photos are amazing)
    Believe.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigtrubs
    - but I'm surprised Ty's shot isn't getting more love.
    yeah dammit, now I'm gonna have to give myself some love.

(by creating 50 aliai and voting for myself with all them you sickos!!!)