Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1879
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable Lasagna View Post
    What brewery? Could be centrifuged to remove hop matter and yeast. On the homebrew level, you can rig up your keg to pull from the top with a float and some hose instead of the dip tube. Haven't tried it yet but I feel the same way about my neipas with the burn and am planning on trying it at some point.
    Beers were from Monkish, all 1-2 days after release, both tap and cans. Not a single one including the DDH beers had hop burn.

I like the idea of pulling from the top of the keg instead of the bottom. Will have to give that a try. Thanks.

it could be your water profile
    watch out for snakes

Kegged my all Cascade APA on Saturday.

Looks like we'll be brewing our Wet hop this Friday. Going 100% CO hops and malt this time.

Brewed the Yoopers Oatmeal Stout from Homebrewtalk.com last weekend. It's bubbling away and I have high hopes. Plan on splitting it and adding a little cold brew coffee to half. Currently enjoying my Oatmeal Rye IPA. If I was a billionaire I'd totally open a free brewery so everyone could enjoy this shit as much as I do.

Had a Pizzaboy Gose over the weekend and its the best Gose I have had.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Looks like we'll be brewing our Wet hop this Friday. Going 100% CO hops and malt this time.
    its wet hop beer time fosho
    watch out for snakes

Well it dun happened, mah keggerator is empty of beer. Good time to clean taps and beer lines.

Plus two beer kits showed up today, Marzen and Dopple bock, better late than never.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Well it dun happened, mah keggerator is empty of beer.
    Please accept my condolences.

My kegs also all kicked, though it was semi-planned to have a month of lighter drinking and get the kegerator cleaned up. I've got a party in a few weeks and want to have it full by then, got a saison (first time trying Belle Saison) and an Oktoberfest fermenting away and planning to brew up a black IPA this weekend.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

You guys ever play with Sorachi Ace hops? Sound interesting. Gonna brew a saison and try to avoid the dill flavor

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    You guys ever play with Sorachi Ace hops? Sound interesting. Gonna brew a saison and try to avoid the dill flavor
    Find a bottle of Brooklyn Brewing Sorachi Ace. It's damn good. They referment with champagne yeast in the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I haven't but my buddy's parent grew a pound + in their yard this year. We were talking about how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post

nice!
    watch out for snakes

Well dang it. Forgot to order some DME to make the required yeast starters. Extra trip to the LHBS to get it and picked up an extract pale ale kit to throw down so I can get something in the keg faster. Then my old stir plate decides to shit the bed. My cigar box muffin fan stir plate is still hanging in there.
    watch out for snakes

Three days of brewing in the can. Struggling a bit with the extract brew in a swamp cooler, its still a tad warm here. The fermentation chamber is full of German brews and will be lagering when its time.

Ups and downs I still love brewing.
    watch out for snakes

Just tapped a Pale Ale I made with some free cryo Mosaic hops AHA sent me.

Pretty simple recepie, MO, a touch of flaked oats, .5oz magnum FWH, .5oz cryo Mosaic @ 10min, .5 cryo Mosaic @ flame out and 1oz cryo Mosaic dry hop for 4 days.

All ingredients I had on hand so it was "free" beer except for the yeast.

Wow! Cryo hops are fucking amazing! these are going on all of my apa/IPA recepies. It's almost like I cheated.

Just brewed my first batch in 15 years. Still have my old brewing log and my last brewing day was in October 2002! This time just went with a simple extract, single hop (Centennial) pale ale. She's bubbling away in the fermenter right now.

Home Brew Maggots

I brought my scratter and press down to the BYO offices last night for our annual club cider pressing. We ended up with about 35 gallons.

https://www.facebook.com/BrewYourOwn...5819421389885/

What do you guys think about secondary fermentation? In the past I've always racked my beer to a glass carboy for secondary, but I've been reading quite a bit lately that there's really no reason for secondary unless you're going to add something such as hops for dry hopping. Thoughts?

I've always done a secondary to get the dead yeast sediment out, on the assumption that it adds off flavors. Paranoid? Maybe.

There is a higher risk of potential infection and oxidation when racking to a secondary so you have to weigh your risk tolerance.

Unnecessary unless you are aging the beer for a long time or racking onto fruit or something. I only do it for fruit or sours that will sit for a long time. Dry hopped beers just get hopped in the primary fermenter.

^ what he said.