Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1879
    I always secondary, never had a problem with O2 or infection cuz I am careful and know what I be doing.
    watch out for snakes

3 gallons of home pressed cider bubbling away. Here's a glass of the 2015.

On another note, I made a recipe for a pumpkin spice latte stout that I'm hoping to brew next week. It's expected to be 8% using chico yeast. I'd like to serve it at Ullrfest on 10/21. Can it be done?

Peruvian, do you keg or bottle your cider?

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Peruvian, do you keg or bottle your cider?
    I keg cider and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    On another note, I made a recipe for a pumpkin spice latte stout that I'm hoping to brew next week. It's expected to be 8% using chico yeast. I'd like to serve it at Ullrfest on 10/21. Can it be done?
    Three weeks is plenty of time. Pumpkin spice latte stout though?

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I bottle all my cider to cellar it for aging, I have bottles that are 7 years old and when most people drink it they think it is cham pag ne.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    3 gallons of home pressed cider bubbling away. Here's a glass of the 2015.

I do mine as sparkling cider as well.
    watch out for snakes

I bottled my first batch last night. Took a gravity reading on Friday and yesterday and they were the same, so figured no reason to wait any longer.

I've been thinking about brewing an Anchor Steam/California Common next. It seems that Anchor uses 100% Northern Brewer hops, but this seems a little boring and I see no reason to simply clone a commercial beer. So what I'm thinking is using NB as the bittering hops and then something else for aroma. Perhaps Mosaic or Simcoe. Any other suggestions?

What is your favorite hops?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've been thinking about brewing an Anchor Steam/California Common next. It seems that Anchor uses 100% Northern Brewer hops, but this seems a little boring and I see no reason to simply clone a commercial beer. So what I'm thinking is using NB as the bittering hops and then something else for aroma. Perhaps Mosaic or Simcoe. Any other suggestions?
    Like Scotty said, it depends on what you want to achieve with the beer. The piney Simcoe might be nice in small quantities, but could end up pretty oniony if it's your only flavor/aroma addition. Mosaic, like Citra, is something you could definitely throw in for aroma. Sounds like you want something more like an IPA, but you could take it any direction. Maybe use something a little more new/exotic like Southern Cross, Mandarina Bavaria, Tripleperle, or Sorachi Ace. Just depends on what you are going for and play around with. The Anchor Steam malt profile lends itself to a wide range of options depending on your preference.

Scotty India Amber ale in da keg.
    watch out for snakes

Got a Mark II keg and carboy washer today, put it thru the paces by washing 12 kegs. Used a total of one gallon of water and an ounce of PBW to clean them all. Wish I had got one of these before. Highly recommended.

Also got a Belgian Quad and Sip of Sunshine clone kits.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Got a Mark II keg and carboy washer today, put it thru the paces by washing 12 kegs. Used a total of one gallon of water and an ounce of PBW to clean them all. Wish I had got one of these before. Highly recommended.

Also got a Belgian Quad and Sip of Sunshine clone kits.
    What the hell are you doing with 12 kegs? I finally reached my goal of 4 on tap and can't grasp the amount of beer I need to drink! On top of that I have one that's dedicated to starsan and one that's waiting for my next brew. I'm at half of you and feel overwhelmed. I have 4 more that I just ordered gasket kits for so I can sell em and get em out of my way! Can't imagine keeping 12 busy.

Tonight I'm enjoying my Saison which is modeled (kinda) after the Saison that won gold at GABF this year. Not saying mine is as good as funkworks but fuck me it's delicious.

I pressed another 3 1/2 gallons of cider this evening, which brings the season total up to just under 20 gallons. Some is bubbling away and the rest is in the freezer.

Sparkling cider is so good.

I need that Blichman quick carb rig.
    watch out for snakes

Home Brew Maggots

My pumpkin spice latte stout went over pretty well at Ullrfest (empty keg is a good sign) so I brewed up another batch.

That’ll work.

Time to enjoy a Tank 7 “clone” I bottled a month ago on a “we don’t need no stinking beer gun” beer gun. Still has plenty of carb. No need to buy that fancy Blichman, Scotty.

Yeah, I could just continue to wait 4-5 days for my kegs to carb. The quick carb is pricey like all their products but they are well made and designed.

I like a spiced cider more than a spiced beer. Kudos on your PS beer and an empty keg is a good result.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Yeah, I could just continue to wait 4-5 days for my kegs to carb. The quick carb is pricey like all their products but they are well made and designed.

I like a spiced cider more than a spiced beer. Kudos on your PS beer and an empty keg is a good result.
    After transferring to a keg I put it in the keezer, apply 50psi for 24 hours, then drop to serving pressure for 24-48 hours. 2-3 days and you have beer ready to drink. Leaving it at 50 for just a little longer could cut that down but you risk over carving.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    After transferring to a keg I put it in the keezer, apply 50psi for 24 hours, then drop to serving pressure for 24-48 hours. 2-3 days and you have beer ready to drink. Leaving it at 50 for just a little longer could cut that down but you risk over carving.
    Also they'll carb quicker if you leave a little head space in the keg and give it a shake every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Also they'll carb quicker if you leave a little head space in the keg and give it a shake every once in a while.
    I kept the keg for ullrfest on 30psi for 2 days, then tossed it in the kegerator to chill to serving temp and then put it back gas on for 12 hours. It was carbed perfectly.

You can carb a keg in 3 hours (at least enough to start serving) if you crank it up to 40-50psi and roll it around for 20 minutes or so each hour. It’s not a great solution but if you are really desperate....

Rainy day is good for brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I used to do the shake trick but always managed to overcarb it and ended up waiting a few days for things to settle down. But yes, it'll get it carbed up quicker.