Is it blasphemy? (disposal of old Powder Magazines)

This should probably go in the almost-certainly-soon-to-be-created-TGR-religious-discussion forum, but it's a very important question.

I've saved my Powder Magazines from years past for too long. Obviously I don't read them any more, and the best photos are hanging on my wall. So, is it blasphemy to use them as wrapping paper when I ship things on ebay? I assume I'm doing the buyer a service, spreading the gospel so to speak.... But is there a proper way to dispose of old Powder Magazines? Should I instead burn them like an old tattered flag? Or?

well, you could make hundreds of $ selling them on eBay depending on how old they are, but your choice.
    Elvis has left the building

I truly hope you're joking. I already recycled almost 10 years worth in preparation for my upcoming move.

Quote Originally Posted by bc
    I truly hope you're joking. I already recycled almost 10 years worth in preparation for my upcoming move.
    eBay item #7022701597 #7023584565 #7023583804 (completed listings)

I'll take them off your hands for free though

Squatch Guest
    seconded. i'm not even gonna sell 'em, I just want to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch
    seconded. i'm not even gonna sell 'em, I just want to read them.
    Thirded. And I can even pick them up from you in Sacto.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch
    I just want to read them.
    Same here. I need to fill in the collection between issue #1 and sometime ~2000 (others prior to that vanished in one of several moves)
    Last edited by cj001f; 04-27-2006 at 09:41 AM.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I went through a magazine purge a few years ago and recycled about 10 years worth, give or take a few months each year. Someone swiped them off the curb. Probably made it to ebay, but at the time I had no idea anyone else was as crazy about them as I was.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

SHIT!!!! Man - I am going through this whole simplify my life phase.

Part of which was to recycle my old powder mags. That are 20 years old through current.

I wonder how much I could have made?

Lange Girl Poster vs. Powder Mags

I think would all would have benefited a bit more if we had saved all the Lange girl posters. after all hot chicks in ski boots only is always something you can talk about and look at for hours.

Wow! I musta had $500 dollars worth of cut up Powder Mag pages plastered on my dorm room wall back in 1990. Then again it prolly woulda cost me around $500 to tote those issues around with me all these years?
    If you had a nickel for every nickel he has, you would have a lot of fuckin' nickels!

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I remember when I was 12 and my mom threw away a bunch of my Powders. I was fucking pissed.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    How old are you now?
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I'm fifteen now. 12 was a long time ago!

lol. i have a lange girl poster of recent year. the one with the down feathers over the naked chick (no i dont' stare at it all the time, i haven't even put it up) will this be worth something one day. i didn't know you could get money for old magazines. but as long as you recycle its earth friendly!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.