Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2006 NHL Playoff Thread

Nice work by the Habs last night. Here's what I liked:

• Huet. Love that he gives up a soft, early goal in his first playoff game and then proceeds to stop everything else thrown at him - including a bunch of shots on a prolonged 5 on 3. Talk about unflappable. Also like how he protects his crease and isn't afraid to pull players off his team mates.
    • Kovalev. Two goals and an assist are why he's here. His wristshot is lethal, but, even more impressive, is his lack of showboating. Red light goes on, he just turns away with a subdued arm-pump and a look on his face that says "this is my job." (unlike that dink Riberio who seemed to be yelling his celebrations in the face of Gerber).

Those two playing at their best combined with a tireless work ethic from the rest of the crew makes for some happy times in Montreal.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and, in other news, disappointed that Edmonton let a golden chance slip through their gloves),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Yeah, the Habs certainly laid a pounding. Also Colarado beating Dallas was sweet, I would much rather see them advancing.

Flames got a big game tonight, Anaheim is alot tougher then we give them credit. GO FLAMES GO

Esche was on fire, shame the flyers offense wasnt as productive as buffalo.

Colorado is making short work of dallas, my god.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

GO FLAMES!
    Believe.

Philly teams - disappointing fans since the early 80s.

Hey hey Hockeytown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Ill try to get around to doing a red mile TR when i go down there.

HA! I hear the city banned the red mile this year!

Quote Originally Posted by random
    HA! I hear the city banned the red mile this year!
    HA! yeah they tried too, but with 8000+ people confined to the sidewalks they eventually had to shut down the street and let the fans take over as to prevent a riot.

Well Edmonton didn't let it slip away today. 1-1 in the series coming home.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Wings in five! Thats all you need to know.

Grrrrrrr. Flames'll win the next one. Woulda been $$$ to score in that last 2.3 seconds.
    Believe.

That game was freaking INTENSE.

Scott Niedermayer is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtrubs
    Grrrrrrr. Flames'll win the next one. Woulda been $$$ to score in that last 2.3 seconds.
    good game..what a penalty fest...I thought for sure the flames were going to score to tie it up. I have tickets for Tuesday and Thursday sad thing is the games are not sold out yet ..typical socal

Preds played shitty today, still the series goes to SJ 1-1, I'm pretty sure it's going to come down to a game 7.

Theres absolutely nothing good about the Habs. At all. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicboy
    good game..what a penalty fest...I thought for sure the flames were going to score to tie it up. I have tickets for Tuesday and Thursday sad thing is the games are not sold out yet ..typical socal
    be thankful you can get tickets!

Some great games today (the flames / ducks game was awesome). My Red Wings tanked (as per usual). Oh well, they play better on the road right now anyway.

All series tied 1 - 1.....gotta love playoff hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    I always thought the Habs needed to be the 8th seed while the Bruins were the 1 seed, to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    So, uh, how did you place in our little fantasy league? I can't seem to recall...maybe it's cause I never bothered to look that far down in the standings.

That Flames game was okay, but the parade to the penalty box got a bit annoying. Would have been nice to see the team win a high(er) scoring game for once.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and looking for a titantic tilt tonight),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

RJ Umberger got rocked! That was one of the biggest, and cleanest, hits I have ever seen. I hate the flyers but Umberger grew up about five minutes from me so I hope to hell he is ok. Lets go Buffalo!
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks
    RJ Umberger got rocked! That was one of the biggest, and cleanest, hits I have ever seen. I hate the flyers but Umberger grew up about five minutes from me so I hope to hell he is ok. Lets go Buffalo!
    Yeah, that hit was HUGE. Buffalo looks strong and I think could go very far this year.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and a little bit sad that we don't have the Bruins to kick around this year),
    d.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito
    So, uh, how did you place in our little fantasy league? I can't seem to recall...maybe it's cause I never bothered to look that far down in the standings.

I've never seen 1 team get so many lucky bounces as Detroit has in the first 2 games. Maltby's bunt in game 1, and then those 2 goals in game 2 (that first goal? Jesus christ monkey balls) Edmonton just needs Moreau back to get a bit more forecheck going and the breaks will start coming for them.

The Flyers are definately missing Mr. Primeau right now, but it was nice to see Esche play so well in game 1.
    Yep, seen this before. Crazy liquor & cheeseburger party got out of control.