Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    its been too hard for me... partying every night pretty much since all my boys are out of school now and im leaving soon

gonna give it a go on the 27th, when i make my 30 hour drive to JHole and hopefully if i can make it through that, everything else will be cake.

Um, road trips and quitting- not a good combo. Just my 2 cents. Do it once you get there- "new" environment, all that.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Eight days now. This better start getting easier 'cause my willpower tank is on fumes.

Chew gum/toothpicks, etc. Give your hand and mouf something to do.

How's it going? I still haven't slipped (I think it's over two years now, can't really remember). Here's some more positive toughts for willpower, YOU CAN DO IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

Good question- start of week 3 for me today, avec patch. No TR from any of the others?

Still going, although I still don't feel particularly confident about it. Week three starts Wednesday. I get the feeling everyone else bailed, it's too bad, but the way I've been feeling I can't say that I blame them.

The only time I've been able to (somewhat) successfully quit I smoke a TON of bud the 1st month or so. Not really an option in my present situation though :sad:

Congrats too all y'all that have quit the cigs. After a pack a day for over 15 years, i too took the plunge. April 24th was the day of my last smoke. I just decided after watching my dad die of lung cancer and getting a bad pneumonia this past winter, i would give them up. I didnt use anything..did the cold turkey route. Joined an online support...quitnet.com...its a good pick me up when i log in a see my stats...right now...i am 40 days and 18 hours quit...DID NOT smoke 1016 cigs, saved 7 days on my life. Its kinda an upper to see that stuff. Not to say i havent had some really bad days. I quit the day before my kids were to start spring break...and i have to 2 baddest 12 and 8 yr old kids there are....but i still love them...i have had 1 slip...worked PICU the night they brought in 10 yr old that shot himself in the head with his dads gun....the whole night trying to keep that poor kid alive...and i just couldnt take it anymore....after 13 days smoke free, i gave in and had 2 that night. Then....no more. Not to say i havent wanted to kill anyone that has crossed my path....let me tell you...PMS and no nicotine...its a VERY BAD time of the month..
    So again congrats to you all....and well done....
    Snow?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Still going, although I still don't feel particularly confident about it. Week three starts Wednesday.
    Rock on, man of ice. No point going back now.

d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

yeah Ice- just because we don't post our support every day doesn't mean we don't love you. I'm sorry I took you for granted snooky, please don't go back!

congrats on making it this far you guys. When y'all make it a month I'm gonna smoke a cigar for you.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

WTF- I thought this was supposed to get easier!

It doesnt seem to be getting easier. I am having wicked cravings lately and its been over 42 days....WTF???
    Snow?

ugh, this thread may live longer then me.

Welp, as long as there are a few recovering addicts around it will live. Hopefully we will, too.

Breakin years of addiction here guys. Keep it goin! Its not only for you, its for the ones you love. (and you'll get a t-shirt out of the deal )

Just lending my support - congrats to all who are giving it a shot! It's a great, great thing you're doing.

Like Gin, I've been trying to give something up in solidarity - one of my worst habits: being perpetually late for everything. Seriously. It's a very annoying habit. I was trying to think of something I could give up that I would be much better off without, and this floats right to the top.

So, in solidarity, I'm working on being on time to everything.

Anyway, clearly not the same as what you guys are doing, but just know you started a wave of kicking vices.

good luck!!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Week 4. Starting to lose it. stayontargetstayontargetstayonetarget.

Stress is getting to me- I the wife's hormones are going bonkers and everyone's on edge at work, too.

Larry, stay focused and get something to chew... Atleast it will keep your mouth occupied.

And just think of it this way, would you like to do those 4 weeks AGAIN? I mean that it'll get easier in the long run, it's just that the stopping is such a major pain in the arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

I'm going to fuckin kill somebody. That is all. Fuck serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry
    I'm going to fuckin kill somebody. That is all. Fuck serenity.

You gots childrens. Do it for them.
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

okokokok- I've calmed down. Still pissed, but calm.

Easy there big fella, eassssyyyyyy. (Then I do the Crocadile Dundee devil horns to the eyes thing.) and now you are calm... You are going cold turkey right?
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

Nah- I'm on the patch. THAT's how ridiculous I am.