Page 408 of 437 FirstFirst ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 10923

Thread: Doggie stoke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685403165.036740.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	553.1 KB 
ID:	460260

These assholes were banished outside after the one on the left helped herself to a couple burger patties that were on the counter, ready for the grill.

Wild allegations have been made that all of this happened on my watch and is my fault, but I’m still waiting on documentation to support these as yet unsubstantiated claims.

Note the nose art on the window. And the extra sad eyes because all of this happened while their food dishes were being filled, and said food dishes were full and waiting on them on the inside.
    focus.

Doggie stoke

You’re a monster! They’re clearly starving!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Name:	Image1685403165.036740.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	553.1 KB 
ID:	460260

These assholes were banished outside after the one on the left helped herself to a couple burger patties that were on the counter, ready for the grill.

Wild allegations have been made that all of this happened on my watch and is my fault, but I’m still waiting on documentation to support these as yet unsubstantiated claims.

Note the nose art on the window. And the extra sad eyes because all of this happened while their food dishes were being filled, and said food dishes were full and waiting on them on the inside.
    I had to laugh, I think they all do that ONCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWcement View Post
    ZuZu in her element - in or on the water
    She’s a 6 yr old rescue from the local humane society this past December. She’s definitely easing the sting of putting down our 13 yr old lab a little over a year ago….

Working through a few behavioral things with her. But otherwise she’s fit right in and is always up for adventure… My boys are happy again after losing their yellow best friend and adding this black one….

Attachment 460245

Attachment 460246

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well done Sir!!!

Thanks all for the collar recommendations and recall training advice. Will dig into this and report back. Had another incident tonight after a bath, took off after squirrel, would not respond even when in visual contact. It is like a switch is flipped what prey drive kicks in.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s illegal to let a dog run game, the exception is bird hunting, most places it’s illegal to have them off leash unless they’re under strict voice control. You might want to reconsider your options. Training or a leash is required.
    I understand and agree with this. I am in a lucky position, 100's of acres of private land that I have permission to let my dogs run loose on.
    99.9% of the time he does not chase wildlife, I've only seen him do it 3 times in the 7 years we've been doing this and I agree it's illegal for him to do it (but clearly a risk I'm willing to take).

He does follow his nose a lot, which is when he'll get into trouble, he's found old coyote kills and the like and that's what has kept him away for hours.

I do agree that training should be your priority and that I shouldn't just let my dog run free.

Here's a christmas picture from years ago (we've since lost the dog on the right) to get things back on track

Name:	Dogs December 019 (1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	460273

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I had to laugh, I think they all do that ONCE.
    Yep. This guy inhaled a 3 lb pork tenderloin that was cooling on the kitchen counter a couple of months after we adopted him. That was on me- I failed to account for the height difference between him and our previous dog. Plates get set back a bit further now.

As for the e-collar, I find them to be very practical and useful. A quick jolt is more to gain their attention than to cause pain, and the ones now can be dialed to a range of different levels. Make sure you get a waterproof model if your dog likes to go for a dip. Elliott still wears his, but I mostly haven't had to use anything other than the tone/buzzer setting for the last year or so.

He got the buzzer a few times chasing marmots this weekend. He came back, but opted to take his sweet time doing so.

Name:	elliott2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	582.5 KB 
ID:	460348

Name:	elliott1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	460349

Name:	elliott3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	460350
    Montani Semper Liberi

We rescued this little monster 2 weeks ago. Luna had been in the county shelter 10 weeks, survived Parvovirus (it killed her brother), and has a muzzle scar that suggests she had her mouth bound shut. I think she is around 10 months, and not spayed (has appointment though). She is a thief, a chewer, and a connoisseur of cat and rabbit truffles. Two nights ago she stole and ate 3 boneless chicken thigh halves. Yesterday she dumped a pan of baby back ribs and made off with one or 2. Also knocked dog bowl off counter and broke it.

We have 2 neutered males, but there is still lots of humping going on.

She also currently has a bad owner that lets the dogs run free with minimal verbal training. Here she is showing off her first kill.

She is a work in progress, and will not be getting a muzzle or shock collar. Just lots of dog walks.

sorry multi-quote not working for me - re: ZuZu comments - thanks, not sure how we were so lucky finding her from a rescue like the Humane Society. My teen went there every few days last fall without us knowing, so much so the staff asked if he wanted to volunteer. Nope, he was just looking

She's pretty cool - and pretty unusual lab with white behind her front paws - evidently some kind of Labrador royalty blood lines......
    https://nationalpurebreddogday.com/b...lab-have-them/

Either way she's beautiful mid-age lady.....
    Though a bit of a closet bully at the dog park - doesn't care about other dogs at all, just wants to run with/defend her human pack.
    Humane Society of course didn't have any history on her, so we are still unpacking what she knows (commands, manners, etc.) but clearly was around a family and had training at one point.

Strong retriever/swimmer as you'd expect, but loves to explore when off leash chasing squirrels and birds - almost hunting them.....

more dog stoke...

Name:	20230428_184600741_iOS.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	460466

2 dogs wait while a 3rd is fed.
    Check out the drool on the dog on the left.

Name:	Image1685584968.228320.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	437.4 KB 
ID:	460495
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Doggie stoke

My boy Shitface is still the comfiest guy.

Name:	IMG_8745.JPG 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	460818

A few days after the initial bladder cancer diagnosis the vet called and told us they sent the scans off for further review...the vet had only looked at bladder specifically. They found multiple masses in his abdomen and it was lymphoma as well.

He's hanging in there but clearly really sick and showing a lot of bad signs. Initially I thought we'd have him around for about 6 months but it seems he's probably looking at a few months at best based on his last couple of weeks. He's throwing up frequently and starting to skip meals...doesn't have much energy and super clingy to me. He's never had any sort of dog odor to him and he stinks like musty sweet fruit now.

I wish he could pass away peacefully and naturally at home but I'm likely going to have to put him down when he's suffering too much...the thought of that whole process is a tough reality to swallow.

I've had this asshole since he was 6 weeks old and he lived on my lap for the first 3 months of his life while I worked from home. He's really connected to me and follows me EVERYWHERE....My 10 yr old daughter loves him more than anyone.

I took this today. He's snuggling one of his little stuffed monkey babies he's carries around and nibbles on. I swear his eyes say everything...he knows he's not doing well.

Name:	IMG_8739.JPG 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	460820

Sorry for rambling...just need to get it out as reality sets in
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Oh man. Sorry booner. That’s so tough. You’ve given him a great life and I’m sure you’ll make his last month as and days as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Sorry for rambling...just need to get it out as reality sets in
    All good - do what you need to do

Shitface has been a character & deserves all the attention, even as he slows down

That sucks. Vibes to shitface. Great looking doggie

Sorry, booner.

Don't regret waiting too long.

I love shitface.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I love shitface.
    Same. ++Vibes, booner.

Love Shitface. Peace to him and your family Booner.
    I still call it The Jake.

Oh man Booner, that look in his eyes. That’s rough.

Got a bad call yesterday evening that our Dane Grimm had a seizure. Was able to FaceTime with the sitter, our old neighbor who we flew out, and saw him all frothy around his mouth and was shaking and barking in distress after the episode. That’s never happened before. It was pretty horrible. All I want to do now is get home to hug my dog.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Vibes Buzz, hope the pup is ok!

Searched "dog" and "dogs". Needed to search "doggie" duh!

Got a new pup last Wednesday. Crate woes thus far:

How do you get a brand new puppy (8 weeks old) to sleep in the crate? Ours will go in there to eat, he will do a puzzle in there, etc but WILL NOT sleep in there.

The first two night we did crate (in the bedroom with us) with blankets over it, a couple treats in there, a little blanket/towel and he was in there but really not happy about it. Night 2 he HOWLED for like 15 minutes......he just wanted to be near us.

Night 3 and 4 have been crate still in bedroom with the crate door open......but he just wants to sleep on the floor next to where I am in the bed to be as close to me as possible. Last night was great. He slept 1030pm to 330am. I only awoke because of very slight sound. We went out and he peed/pooped and then we went back up to bed. I put a couple treats in the crate and he went in for 5 or 6 minutes then out to sleep next to my side of the bed on the floor again. Sometimes he even goes under the bed on the hardwood to literally be as close to me as possible. I even put a "Puppy mate/Calmaroo" deal in his crate.

Will he learn to love it if we keep up with the treat/puzzles/regular meals in the crate? I see nothing wrong with him sleeping on the floor in the bedroom, but I do want him to start to love his crate and be able to comfortably stay in there for an hour or 2 when he gets bigger. Especially if I have a crate in the back of the truck. Say I have a work appointment with a client and can't bring the dog. I want to say "load up" and have him get in the crate and happily nap for 90 minutes given that it's not super hot or super cold. You know like those good boys you see at the ski area.

Can I train him into this or is he "scarred" forever now and will just not ever like a crazy from being locked in there literally two times ever for 20 minutes while he howled.

https://imgur.com/a/5qXnLKy

Doggie stoke

Crate training can be tough. Like sleep training a baby. Do all meals in there only and try to leave in there for longer and longer periods after eating. Night is tough. Maybe add a chew like Himalaya cheese or a hard toy he can grind on to soothe himself. Maybe a soft toy to to make him comfy. Toss a blanket in there or somethjng soft for him to make a bed on. It can take some time. But crate tolerance is a huge thing to instill w benefits whether the my like it or just tolerate it get him to know that’s the rules. Later on you can be a softee and let him sleep w you but consistency early is key

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Crate training can be tough. Like sleep training a baby. Do all meals in there only and try to leave in there for longer and longer periods after eating. Night is tough. Maybe add a chew like Himalaya cheese or a hard toy he can grind on to soothe himself. Maybe a soft toy to to make him comfy. Toss a blanket in there or somethjng soft for him to make a bed on. It can take some time. But crate tolerance is a huge thing to instill w benefits whether the my like it or just tolerate it get him to know that’s the rules. Later on you can be a softee and let him sleep w you but consistency early is key
    Yeah we've got chew puzzles, a couple tiny treats to start, a Calmaroo (literally like this stupid fake puppy with a battery powered heartbeat lol), a towel in there, my GFs shirt for her sent (maybe I need to try one of my shirts.....I'm definitely the dad and he wants to be with me all the time).....

I if possible we never want him on out bed. We have a 10 year old 15 pound Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix already and he sleeps at the foot of the bed. One small pup is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    We rescued this little monster 2 weeks ago. Luna had been in the county shelter 10 weeks, survived Parvovirus (it killed her brother), and has a muzzle scar that suggests she had her mouth bound shut. I think she is around 10 months, and not spayed (has appointment though). She is a thief, a chewer, and a connoisseur of cat and rabbit truffles. Two nights ago she stole and ate 3 boneless chicken thigh halves. Yesterday she dumped a pan of baby back ribs and made off with one or 2. Also knocked dog bowl off counter and broke it.

We have 2 neutered males, but there is still lots of humping going on.

She also currently has a bad owner that lets the dogs run free with minimal verbal training. Here she is showing off her first kill.

She is a work in progress, and will not be getting a muzzle or shock collar. Just lots of dog walks.

She’s beautiful. Congratulations on rescuing her, I’m really tempted to do the same for our next Border Collie but it will be some time. Have to get used to having just one for a while.
    I still call it The Jake.

I haven’t tried it but I heard a trainer say you can put the crate up high, close to the bed, so they can see you and smell you better and that can help them be comfortable in the crate early on

So funny, as soon as I posted the last post he went in the living room crate on his own and took a 20 minute nap. We have two identical crates. One in the bedroom 4 feet from my side of the bed and one in the living room.