Page 263 of 437 FirstFirst ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 10922

Thread: Doggie stoke

condolences moose.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Sorry Moose. Nothing better than the love of a Golden Retriever.

I nearly tripped over the ghost of mine again last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Vibes and RIP Rossi. My 13 year old has been struggling a bit and your loss reminds me to love him as much as we can these days.
    Silent....but shredly.

I'm sorry Moose. Deepest sympathies.

My guy is now 10 and this is the first summer I can't take him mountain biking anymore. It's so sad.
    He'll still run 6 blocks or more to the river and swim and then run back. No soreness now that he's on supplements, but I don't think his shoulders can handle running downhill anymore.

The intense focus only a squirrel can bring.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

^^^ Thank you all so much for the love and vibes. Rossi was loved by all and is deeply missed. I hear ya on the "ghost" PNWbrit, every flicker of sunlight at the back door I look up thinking it is Rossi to come back in, a shadow of a chair in the dark looking like her standing tall and just as I was going to bed last night I stepped on one of my kids nerf footballs at the side of my bed. Of course I thought I was stepping on her as I had done accidentally getting up to take a piss in the middle of the night for the last decade.

No doubt it ruined my sons birthday and he is struggling with it emotionally as all young males do and as did I when I lost my first dog.

Moe and Stuck keep on loving those boys as I am sure there love is endless for you too.

RIP Rossi. Must be hard for your son to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    ^^^ Thank you all so much for the love and vibes. Rossi was loved by all and is deeply missed. I hear ya on the "ghost" PNWbrit, every flicker of sunlight at the back door I look up thinking it is Rossi to come back in, a shadow of a chair in the dark looking like her standing tall and just as I was going to bed last night I stepped on one of my kids nerf footballs at the side of my bed. Of course I thought I was stepping on her as I had done accidentally getting up to take a piss in the middle of the night for the last decade.

No doubt it ruined my sons birthday and he is struggling with it emotionally as all young males do and as did I when I lost my first dog.

Moe and Stuck keep on loving those boys as I am sure there love is endless for you too.

Can you get a puppy into your son's life pretty soon? I'm sure that would help fix his aching heart.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    RIP Rossi. Must be hard for your son to go through.
    thanks, def not easy on him but he will survive as we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Can you get a puppy into your son's life pretty soon? I'm sure that would help fix his aching heart.
    Not in the cards for me right now. Too many little ones doing too many activities and I am in no shape for training a new beast (too many restrictions still in place post spine surgery). The dog would not get the love it deserved and I am pretty torn up after this loss. My wife and I did have that talk late last night too. It ended with...basically no other dog we would get would compare to Rossi. Even when we had multiple dogs, Rossi was the gold standard around here. We often said "why can't you be like Rossi"

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i’ll let the boy borrow one of my knuckleheads!
    just back from Vet, 2 dogs with cleaned anal glands.
    As I am sure I mentioned to you on the lift, a Rhodesian is high on the list of wants. A Rhodesian with freshly expressed anal glands...hot damn

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Not in the cards for me right now. Too many little ones doing too many activities and I am in no shape for training a new beast (too many restrictions still in place post spine surgery). The dog would not get the love it deserved and I am pretty torn up after this loss. My wife and I did have that talk late last night too. It ended with...basically no other dog we would get would compare to Rossi. Even when we had multiple dogs, Rossi was the gold standard around here. We often said "why can't you be like Rossi"
    All makes sense.. Not a completely dissimilar situation here about getting another.... you just can't replace some dogs.

Dogs And Fireworks: The Fear Isn't All In Their Heads

“When our dogs are exposed to sudden loud sounds, there is a release of adrenaline and an increase of the hormone cortisol, as well as changes to their amygdala, hippocampus, and parts of the frontal cortex of their brain,” Cohen says. “In other words, brains change as a result of loud, anxiety producing noise. Our dogs are especially vulnerable to this effect during the summer months when thunderstorms prevail and during Fourth of July celebrations, where fireworks are set off in some neighborhoods all day and night.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Doggie stoke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4112.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	287594

Dropped my buddy off at the vet this morning for tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO) for a blown cruciate ligament. The vet just called and said everything went well and I could pick him up in a couple hours. He’ll be out of action for a while but hopefully back to normal in a couple months. There goes my new ski budget for the year. $2600. But what else can you do?

Name:	IMG_3823.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	287595
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

He's beautiful!

I went through this 3 or 4 years ago with my Rosie girl. It worked out fine...though she's kind of a nut sometimes, so I am still waiting for her to blow out the other one. Being patient with the long recovery is really important!

Name:	dog 4th.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	287618
    “Yeah, happy Fourth. If you want me, I’ll be under your bed, digging myself into an altered state of consciousness.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I luv me sum GSD.

Hope recovery goes well.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post

Name:	IMG_4112.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	287594

Dropped my buddy off at the vet this morning for tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO) for a blown cruciate ligament. The vet just called and said everything went well and I could pick him up in a couple hours. He’ll be out of action for a while but hopefully back to normal in a couple months. There goes my new ski budget for the year. $2600. But what else can you do?

Name:	IMG_3823.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	287595
    Good luck on the recovery! Rocky needs his knee worked on to correct a subluxing patella tendon. I’m dreading the recovery. 6 weeks of non weight bearing. Being only 15 months he’s still a nut job and I’m worried he’ll injure it or the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Good luck on the recovery! Rocky needs his knee worked on to correct a subluxing patella tendon. I’m dreading the recovery. 6 weeks of non weight bearing. Being only 15 months he’s still a nut job and I’m worried he’ll injure it or the other one.
    Check with your vet - they've got the drugs you need to slow Rocky down.

A good double harness with a mid back handle helps handle them on steps, etc.

I helped re-hab one of our dog's TPLO by napping together with my hand holding an ice pack on her knee. win-win!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Check with your vet - they've got the drugs you need to slow Rocky down.

A good double harness with a mid back handle helps handle them on steps, etc.

I helped re-hab one of our dog's TPLO by napping together with my hand holding an ice pack on her knee. win-win!
    To keep him mellow while he's recovering you might try a thunder shirt. I used a Lycra one-piece suitical on my cat when she was spade and I was surprised at how quiet she was - did a lot of sleeping. I later realized it the suitical was acting like a thunder shirt.

Name:	IMG_1583.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	613.0 KB 
ID:	287662

Shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Looks like my old timer will be having surgery again to remove a tumor on her neck that is starting to interfere with her breathing. She is 13 so the expense seems a little insane. But this morning she walked a mile round trip to the dog park with my in-laws and their dogs, then ran 4 miles with me. When we got home she went straight to the back yard to hunt snakes. She still flies around even when it's hot. Plus she still does this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190104_110005_2.jpg 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	287670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190118_112645_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	544.7 KB 
ID:	287672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190118_111933.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	973.4 KB 
ID:	287671  

Any recommendations for dog raising / training books?

Wife and I will be getting some sort of pupper in the next few months. We both grew up with dogs (me: labs, her: terriers).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Wife and I will be getting some sort of pupper in the next few months. We both grew up with dogs (me: labs, her: terriers).

Go here:

https://newsketemonks.com/

“The Art Of Raising a Puppy” and “Be Your Dog’s Best Friend” are both very good. If they’re sold out, get ‘em on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Books are fine...the New Skete monks have good basic stuff. But, best thing to do is to take the dog to a class. Why? Because at class you are really the student, learning how to train your dog. The mantra: 1. Insistence. 2. Persistence. 3. Consistence.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Looks like my old timer will be having surgery again to remove a tumor on her neck that is starting to interfere with her breathing. She is 13 so the expense seems a little insane. But this morning she walked a mile round trip to the dog park with my in-laws and their dogs, then ran 4 miles with me. When we got home she went straight to the back yard to hunt snakes. She still flies around even when it's hot. Plus she still does this:
    I love that last shot. It’s like WTF, why did we stop? Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

My lady sends me Murph stoke to keep me sane in the other hemisphere...

Name:	IMG-20190707-WA0000.jpeg 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	287939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190707-WA0001.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	287940

I'd say he's stoked for summer camp with her.

A day of napping and bellyrubs wears you outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190707_164538.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	287984
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?