Page 292 of 438 FirstFirst ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 10932

Thread: Doggie stoke

I am stoked that Ruby ate 2 chicken breasts and a thigh yesterday without puking it up.
    I am stoked that she comes out of her cage for a pet when you call her.
    I am not stoked that she is a pill detective no matter how deep you bury it in a piece of chicken.
    I am very not stoked that the congestive heart failure keeps filling her lungs with mucous.

Micro improvements in her condition.
    The fact she has any appetite at all is huge.
    Baby steps.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    I am stoked that Ruby ate 2 chicken breasts and a thigh yesterday without puking it up.
    I am not stoked that she is a pill detective no matter how deep you bury it in a piece of chicken.
    I am very not stoked that the congestive heart failure keeps filling her lungs with mucous.

Baby steps.
    Powder the pill and work it into wet food?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

She isn't super keen of wet food but maybe using spiked wet food as a sauce for her preferred food of chicken will work.
    Gonna giver!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

She isn't super keen of wet food but maybe using spiked wet food as a sauce for her preferred food of chicken will work.
    Gonna giv'er!
    Thanks Man!
    Bunny Don't Surf

These guys are becoming good buddies:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200326_103352.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	322492

Day 12 did not as planned for this duo

Name:	IMG_0817.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	322585
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Day 7 we let Casper run off leash. Shock collar on for safety but didn't need it. He has zero desire to run away. I wonder when he last ran ran free?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Day 7 we let Casper run off leash. Shock collar on for safety but didn't need it. He has zero desire to run away. I wonder when he last ran ran free?

Herding dogs are awesome that way, they want to stay with you. My cow dog does occasionally get overwhelmed with desire to chase something into the woods when I take him MTB, but he doesn't go far and comes right back.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Attachment 319390

lost this guy last saturday
    was sad but he was also over 15 so we had time to ease into it and we had good times with him.
    this picture is him at 14 1/2 tho so he looked good for his age- nobody believed his age when we ran into fans on our walks.
    Attachment 319391
    here he is on his last day. he just wanted to be outside in the fresh air. andrew set up this umbrella above him so he wouldn’t get roof drips on him RIP best friend
    Attachment 319392
    typed out a reponse a few times but never got to post it
    I don't like to cry at work
    color me nonconformist too
    the rainbow bridge destinations a given for all from 2 to 4 legged
    the stokes in the shared journeys
    theres sumthin bout the black and white ones
    and we have a lot on our working dog team

the mrs. got us one of them photo plaques for st valentine's day to put on my work bench
    I put it in the store cause it makes people smile

vibes and 4 legged luvs to you and A
    I hopes to see ted on the otherside of the multi colored bridge
    ive put in a request in my next life im gonna gits a job hanging out there and takes peeps gods fishin till they arrive at the destination of reunitement
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Doggie stoke

Baby steps.
    My husky/Australian shepherd mix is a pill detective too. You can wrap a pill in cheese and he’ll suck off all the cheese and spit the pill out.

Joke’s on him, though, since I’m forced to open his mouth and rifle the pills into the back of his throat, then close his mouth and rub his throat for a second, keeping his snout pointed up. Easier and faster for me than dicking around with cheese or peanut butter, and he misses out on a cumulative shitload of tasty treats.

Also, second or third the comments on herding dogs not running. Growing up with labs and goldens who would disappear for an hour+ if they got half a chance, having dogs who don’t have a desire to run away is a revelation.
    focus.

Yes ie herders. Despite all their annoying tendencies...like chasing cars, nipping at feet, chasing kids, scaring the shit out of people in general, they don't tend to run away and can be trained to stay in a yard. This is the primary reason I've stuck with herders (the only dogs I have ever owned since early childhood). I love hiking and not thinking or worrying about where our pup is. Bridger is great that way. Seems like Casper should be too. Still it took some nuts to let him off the leash the first time. Did a lot of work with him this week with shock collar and leash on. First sign of trouble he just wants back inside and beelines for the house and he knows if he gets a hit from the collar to come back to us or back in the yard and it goes away. Without the collar I wouldn't have done it.

Gonna giv'er!
    Thanks Man!
    No luck on the powdered poison. Cheese nope pill pockets nope peanut butter nope buried in big or lk little piece of whatever nope. The most skilled pill detective I've encountered so it's the hard way.

Ruby has taken a wrong turn hasnt eaten since yesterday, refusing chicken and hasnt drank all day. I'm @ work with wife @ home in tears trying to get her into the vet. We are counting good days vs bad she needs some good ones to balance things out....

Name:  IMG_3118.jpeg
Views: 317
Size:  91.6 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

The only pill pockets that worked for my old girl were the hickory smoked ones; she ate all the other flavors, but spit out the pills. She loved the hickory ones so much she’d swallow them whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Joke’s on him, though, since I’m forced to open his mouth and rifle the pills into the back of his throat, then close his mouth and rub his throat for a second, keeping his snout pointed up. Easier and faster for me than dicking around with cheese or peanut butter, and he misses out on a cumulative shitload of tasty treats.
    My heelers are this way too. Joke's on them I guess.

And then there is nick. He puked up what looked like an internal organ but what we determined was a plastic bag that had been in his belly for a long time. Like a switch he lost his belly bloat and came to life. Bonded to the wife like glue. It'll be hard to let him go but the nuts come off next week we find his furever home.

Yes that is his normal ear orientationClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200327_153305.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	322653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200327_153316.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	322654
    Bunny Don't Surf

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im home today lemme know if ya need help
    Sheldon likes nick
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

No luck on the powdered poison. Cheese nope pill pockets nope peanut butter nope buried in big or lk little piece of whatever nope. The most skilled pill detective I've encountered so it's the hard way.

Ruby has taken a wrong turn hasnt eaten since yesterday, refusing chicken and hasnt drank all day. I'm @ work with wife @ home in tears trying to get her into the vet. We are counting good days vs bad she needs some good ones to balance things out....

Name:  IMG_3118.jpeg
Views: 317
Size:  91.6 KB
    Sorry, no new advice to offer regarding the pills. We used to give 2 pill-free treats, small hotdog bites, to our pup and the 3rd would have the pill stuffed in the middle. But our dog was dumb when it came to treats, everything else he would challenge you.

Good luck with your pal.

Here's my dog looking 4x her actual size on a socially distancing hike yesterday:

Name:	IMG_20200327_152640.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	322672

And here is her with a bit less forced perspective but still looking pretty large for a dog that's maybe 20 in at the shoulder:

Name:	IMG_20200327_152636.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	322673

His bark is bigger than his bite.

Name:  mbark.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  131.0 KB

Shitface feeling SEXY tonight

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	322757
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Shitface feeling SEXY tonight

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	322757
    Git sum!

Frances, trying to stay above it all:
    Name:  Image1585489796.541453.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  154.4 KB

Keetna up top & Frank in the back. Outside of Moab before everything went completely crazy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Despite all the craziness and chaos going on these days, our foster Bo was adopted this morning. His new dad is the son of a woman who adopted one of our very first fosters, 5-1/2 years ago.

Name:	Bo-Success-1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	322822

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Despite all the craziness and chaos going on these days, our foster Bo was adopted this morning. His new dad is the son of a woman who adopted one of our very first fosters, 5-1/2 years ago.

Name:	Bo-Success-1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	322822
    That is awesome.