Page 321 of 437 FirstFirst ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 10922

Thread: Doggie stoke

Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Anybody have a recommendation of a ball that’s tougher than a tennis ball but not uber expensive? This guys eats his tennis balls.
    Attachment 358620
    Tennis balls very bad on teeth. The fiber is abrasive. Also, big chunks in stomach can equal a big chunk out of your bank account for the surgery to remove (based on personal experience). Get him some kongs
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Looks like a lab hound mix with those ears, ours is now 13.

Our 3yr old Golden is similar with the ball, even barks with it in her mouth. Attachment 358585
    Yep. She’s half Black and Tan coonhound. Hopefully she’ll make it to 13 like yours.

Anybody have a recommendation of a ball that’s tougher than a tennis ball but not uber expensive? This guys eats his tennis balls.
    Attachment 358620
    Try some of these: https://www.chewy.com/chuckit-ultra-...h-dog/dp/38326

They go in the Chuck-it for throwing if you still want to fetch with him.

Kongs are great for general chewing, or I have had luck with some of these: https://www.chewy.com/west-paw-zogof...h-dog/dp/42964

Our girl used to be a chewing monster when she was younger.

Thanks. We’ll look at the suggested stuff. We have and use kongs. The tennis balls are usually for fetch, until he stops playing and decides to tear it up/eat it.

It is quite the vet bill to get a chewed up tennis ball outta your buddy, so don't use em. The rubber balls for the Chuckit thrower are the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Doggie stoke

Attachment 358620
    Chuck-it balls.

Our dog destroys any and all other toys/balls, and takes some sort of special pleasure in destroying tennis balls in minutes.

Edit: echoing all the other previous posts

+1 on the Chuck It and the Kong balls. Both end up with dead squakers after a few weeks but they are otherwise bulletproof, especially the Chuck It.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It is quite the vet bill to get a chewed up tennis ball outta your buddy, so don't use em. The rubber balls for the Chuckit thrower are the way to go.
    ^this and one of my old dogs (rip willie) was a tennis ball addict and chewed through so many tennis balls that it wore down the enamel of his teeth (he could go through several an evening if allowed though. so he had a problem)
    but I think the kongs are a better texture to satisfy that urge
    don't lose it in the tall grass though. you just lost like ten bucks lol
    skid luxury

My dogs favorite chew toy is a Kong and with years of effort she hasn't damaged it.

Also great for general chewing/gnawing: Nyla bone derivatives. Imma like da bacon flavor.

Continuing with the thanks! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Next time we rescue a dog, we'll take our behaviorist to the pound with us so we can hopefully start off on the right foot.
    I'm still 6+ months away from getting a dog but this sounds useful: recommendations on doing this? Search for a "local dog behaviorist" in my area when trying to find a dog? (I'm in the Front Range). Any other tips or guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I'm still 6+ months away from getting a dog but this sounds useful: recommendations on doing this? Search for a "local dog behaviorist" in my area when trying to find a dog? (I'm in the Front Range). Any other tips or guidance?
    yeah, a behaviorist is good or just a trainer whose philosophy you vibe with. lots of different trainers and lots of different ways of training dogs, I think the most important thing is finding one who matches your own philosophy.

might be worthwhile to pick up a few books to explore what's out there. i'm a fan of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316610003..._USHcGbV7JV6YS

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

lacrosse balls are nearly indestructible.... get a defense stick to huck it with. guaranteed to tire out the most persistent of canines.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    We just put 10 hard months into a rescue. In the end Casper just wasn't making the progress he needed to make to live safely with us and in our neighborhood. Mental stability was sorely lacking and not coming back and with his bipolar temperament he shouldn't have been adopted out in the first place. Apparently the forces that want to save every dog won. The gal with no seniority or power who was the no vote was extraordinarily gracious to us in the end and even told us we are saints and his best shot by far. I appreciated her honesty about the politica behind his adoption because it answered a lot of our questions and she needed to vent but I also hope she learned to put her foot down and we for sure learned a lot but still absorbing. Broke our hearts but we gave him a real house and real love and daily walks and amazing Frisbee skills and even a mega hike. We gave him every chance to live large for 12 more years. He never would have had that without us. He gave me improved herding dog handling skills.. As sad as it all ended up, we feel like we did right by him and other than a bunch of marked up bloody hands we came through it okay and he didn't bite anybody or any dogs outside of our family.

The pic below from his last last walk. I made sure to give him love and VIP treatment all the way until I couldn't.

We'll do a rescue again someday I hope but right now with a 10 yo and a high density neighborhood we're most likely going with a puppy from solid breedstock.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ugh hang in there UM. You tried.

also thought this crew might enjoy this video. Song is familiar but I had not seen the video prior
    skid luxury

Soooo tired

Yes, Shitface is drooling

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2855.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	359463
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah, a behaviorist is good or just a trainer whose philosophy you vibe with. lots of different trainers and lots of different ways of training dogs, I think the most important thing is finding one who matches your own philosophy.

might be worthwhile to pick up a few books to explore what's out there. i'm a fan of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316610003..._USHcGbV7JV6YS

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Awesome - thanks! I've given a few "Monks of New Skete" books to friends that just got dogs - as I've heard they're great - but haven't picked one up myself. Good reminder, especially ahead of choosing a dog.

Thanks, uglym, as well. Bummer it didn't work out but it sounds like you put a lot of effort into it. That's definitely something I'm thinking about when I think about getting a dog, the balance of a rescue vs. non-rescue/breeder.

Maybe I’ll get the book , next time.

Last five dogs, I just ran the shit out of them.

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	359690

Followed by plenty of couch time.

Name:	Image1611629460.376383.jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	359694

A tired dog, is a good dog!

Man I love my dog!

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	360838

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Maybe I’ll get the book , next time.

Last five dogs, I just ran the shit out of them.

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	359690

Followed by plenty of couch time.

Name:	Image1611629460.376383.jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	359694

A tired dog, is a good dog!
    Exactly that.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Doggie stoke

Kelsey in the snowshoe trails

Name:	Image1612240916.258552.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	360882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3012.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	360885
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612240961.897015.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	360883  
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Who ate mom's ski helmet?
    Hoss ate mom's ski helmet.

Sorry dad....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Wait .... a HELMET?!??! Hoss is about to have his GI tract resected, and dad's gonna go broke.

He doesnt swallow only chews.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I am assuming he is a young dog, so that shit happens for awhile. Frustrating but he will out grow it if that look on his face tells me how bummed he is.