Page 5 of 437 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Doggie stoke

Adam, that's a good lookin' Elkie. Get yourself into an obedience class ASAP after getting him home. It will really help cement the bond between you and establish a good relationship.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Planning on doing that. Our other family dog gets fucking pissed when we leave him alone. We once left him in a friends bathroom for 20 minutes, came back, and the shower curtain, rug, and toilet paper were ruined.

A recent development in the dog quest:
    Me and my dad were looking at dog breeds, so I could get the final go ahead on a breed, and he thought that the elkhound were ugly, and that every one he's ever met were obese, so he doesn't want me to get one. I did show him alot of other breeds I was interested in, and he is digging the Greenland dog, like really wants to get one now. Still not sure yet though, but the greenland is a top contender.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Does your Dad know the difference between a thick coated dog and a fat dog? Just wondering. Won't even go there on the ugly comment.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by L7
    Does your Dad know the difference between a thick coated dog and a fat dog? Just wondering. Won't even go there on the ugly comment.
    It is a fact that elkhounds can be overweight. It depends on how much you give the dog of course. Also my mom found out that you can knit sweaters from there sheddings, so it got marked off, along with almost every northern breed.

Basically looking for any energetic, semi-obedient dog that you don't have to groom to much that's over 35 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Basically looking for any energetic, semi-obedient dog that you don't have to groom to much that's over 35 pounds.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Yep, considering the griffon, along with the australian cattle dog, australian koolie, and other herding/working dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    I'm going to start by punching myself in the nuts.

Apollo, Lilly, Lou

Gonna go check out some Chesapeake bay pups tommorow, and possibly bring one home . . .

Chesies are cool, though many are spaztastic.

If you don't get one, do yourself and a dog a favor and go to the pound.

Mutts rule.

Played with my brother-in-law to be's 2 great danes yesterday. Talk about BIG! Damn! I got to playing soccer with them, and one of them took my ENTIRE HIP into her mouth with a playful nip while fighting with me over the ball! Dogs are freaking awesome. Cats suck.

This is my dog Summit. I've posted these before but they're worth a rerun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    Chesies are cool, though many are spaztastic.

If you don't get one, do yourself and a dog a favor and go to the pound.

Mutts rule.
    I grew up with chesies. They tend to a one family dog and can be very protective. We've never had a chesie bite another person and the only time our dogs were ever aggressive with another dog is when they came into our yard and ran at my sister or mother.

Drove down to canon city to check out this litter. Six males, 3 chocolate, 3 dead grass. We picked one of the bigger dead grass. He's 9 months old. He's very good looking, and lively, but not all that crazy. He's being crate trained as I type, and he's not digging it. He's howling alot, but he's quieting down.
    Haven't thought of a name yet, but here he is! Sorry for the shitty pics, but trying to get a puppy to stay still is kind of hard:

And another oscar picture. He's jealous right now:

Adam he's so cute, its awesome we both got are puppies the same week. I hope all goes well with him.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Drove down to canon city to check out this litter. Six males, 3 chocolate, 3 dead grass. We picked one of the bigger dead grass. He's 9 months old. He's very good looking, and lively, but not all that crazy. He's being crate trained as I type, and he's not digging it. He's howling alot, but he's quieting down.
    Haven't thought of a name yet, but here he is! Sorry for the shitty pics, but trying to get a puppy to stay still is kind of hard:
    You said 9 months old but I'm pretty sure you mean 9 weeks looking at her. We pick up our pup this week, about 9 weeks old as well. There WILL be photos.

Yeah, nine weeks. He's a feisty one. He's pretty good about following me, and responding to "no" well so far. He's teething of course, and he bites everything. Sleeping a lot, then quick sessions of mauling things. Its funny, his head is chocolate covered, and then the rest of the body is dead grass with gray stripes, and his tail is gray with white hairs. I'm going to call him Angus.

Took some more pictures:

Here's my girl, her name is Bear.... sh'e about 7 1/2 years old and starting to slow down a little bit in the backcountry, she's always loved to go skiing and even snaked a few prime lines from me in her day. She is the chillest husky i have ever met... (and i know that she wants to sniff Fritz's butt and kiss him, she's a slut for husky boys)

and bear as a pup:

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Bump cause my furkid finally swam this weekend

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Skifish, I met one of those this past week. Truely a big dog. Nice though. Is it some variation of a newfoundland?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Landseers named for Sir Erwin Landseer a dutch painter who painted a lot of dogs.
    ~15% of the breed. Kes is up to 75lbs @ 7 months and will about double.
    Gental giants they call them outstanding dispositions.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    Max

8 weeks

4 years

Bump for the latest member of the family as of 7/1/06 - meet Angus

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You stole my dogs name you bastard!

Good lucking pooch for sure though.