Page 303 of 438 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 10933

Thread: Doggie stoke

Cleaned off an old computer and found the oldies but goodies. Back when Gunther and Maya were young with my daughters dog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The 3 amigos.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	861.3 KB 
ID:	330480
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Holy Bleep, that deer encounter!

liv2ski, those are some good dogs, yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Nice photo. What is up with the collars?
    likely training collars (could even have gps)

Name:	IMG_3303.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	330511

The park across the street with irrigation water is a godsend in the summer heat. We go there almost every day. I'm pretty sure its Oskar's favorite place on earth.

I haven't posted here for quite awhile, as little Utah the short-legged wonder dog is getting pretty old and not super active in the normal doggie stoke style. If there was an "old dog stoke" thread, I'd post there. But this got me stoked, so I thought I'd share it.

As your dog ages and you contemplate "the big decision" there will be times when you need to give them the benefit of the doubt. Three weeks ago our 16.5 year old friend suddenly lost his back end. Couldn't walk, stand up, wag his tail, and became a bit incontinent. Very worrisome. Is this it? In these COVID times, I set up a video consult with our vet. There I am lying on the floor with my laptop so she can see the dog while I describe symptoms. She determines that he likely has some level of "intervertebral disk disease," or basically an inflamed disc, resulting in nerve impingement causing the loss of function. Dr. Internet tells me that this is fairly common, especially in younger, highly active dogs who hurt themselves. Recovery potential is good but takes time, as in four to six weeks. Later, several friends report that dogs they have known had had this and recovered fully in time. We become optimistic, spend the money on anti-inflammatories and pain killers, start massaging and carry him around a lot. Fortunately he only weighs 25 pounds.

Long story short, it is working, though I believe complicated by his old age. Here he is yesterday, walking slowly when just three weeks ago he couldn't walk at all. Stoked.

Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 06-03-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

That's awesome Mr. M. Looks like a great dog, even in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    That's what I need to look into, but how does the gps sync up with no cell signal out in the woods?
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    That's awesome Mr. M. Looks like a great dog, even in his old age.
    Thanks for the support. He is a fine dog and despite his short stature, was a great ski dog. Here he is in more youthful times:

Name:  sbr dog 4.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  132.4 KB
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 06-05-2020 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Fixed image.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

That's what I need to look into, but how does the gps sync up with no cell signal out in the woods?
    Uuum, I don't know, gps?

GPS syncs off of overhead satellites. The more satellites it sees (3 minimum) the more accurate the location it gives you.

I used a dog vest and an old iPhone 4 to watch one of my dogs, but he hated the poorly fitting vest and would barely walk.

My son’s new puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^ A Collie? I love those dogs.

$2500 worth of “rough collie”, I’d be posting some shit in the wife thread were I still married to my son’s mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Yup. Sorry for the delay. They will shock as well, but Kedar is almost deaf, so when we beep we can hear it to find him, and we’ve now trained Jessie to come when she hears the beep.
    We didn’t upspend for the GPS. They’re never that lost, we keep them in sight mostly, and they stick around, it’s just that Kedar’s nose will cause him to wander, and Jessie’s version of “close” is a 1/2 mile circle around us.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1491.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	330643
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Name:	IMG_0987.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	330671
    View right now... or foggy stoke. Hard decision.
    Both?

Ha.. foggy stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    I haven't posted here for quite awhile, as little Utah the short-legged wonder dog is getting pretty old and not super active in the normal doggie stoke style. If there was an "old dog stoke" thread, I'd post there. But this got me stoked, so I thought I'd share it.

As your dog ages and you contemplate "the big decision" there will be times when you need to give them the benefit of the doubt. Three weeks ago our 16.5 year old friend suddenly lost his back end. Couldn't walk, stand up, wag his tail, and became a bit incontinent. Very worrisome. Is this it? In these COVID times, I set up a video consult with our vet. There I am lying on the floor with my laptop so she can see the dog while I describe symptoms. She determines that he likely has some level of "intervertebral disk disease," or basically an inflamed disc, resulting in nerve impingement causing the loss of function. Dr. Internet tells me that this is fairly common, especially in younger, highly active dogs who hurt themselves. Recovery potential is good but takes time, as in four to six weeks. Later, several friends report that dogs they have known had had this and recovered fully in time. We become optimistic, spend the money on anti-inflammatories and pain killers, start massaging and carry him around a lot. Fortunately he only weighs 25 pounds.

Long story short, it is working, though I believe complicated by his old age. Here he is yesterday, walking slowly when just three weeks ago he couldn't walk at all. Stoked.

What a sweet pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    Thanks for the support. He is a fine dog and despite his short stature, was a great ski dog. Here he is in more youthful times:

Attachment 330566
    Link not working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Link not working for me.
    Ooops. Here you go.

Name:  sbr dog 4.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  132.4 KB

Sometimes a walk means not walking and blocking the trail.

Name:	IMG_6535.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	330775

Nice Alpaca.

My neighbors have two of those. They live with their goat herds

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post

Name:	IMG_0987.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	330671
    View right now... or foggy stoke. Hard decision.
    Both?
    JP, that is the back yard of mine and my doggies dreams. Noice.

Name:	20200605_174516.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	330868
    Prairie dog......
    Last edited by GSinister; 06-07-2020 at 06:32 AM. Reason: double pix

Is that Spuds?