Page 293 of 302 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 7530

Thread: Doggie stoke

  1. #7301
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5
    Keetna up top & Frank in the back. Outside of Moab before everything went completely crazy.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  2. #7302
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,173
    Despite all the craziness and chaos going on these days, our foster Bo was adopted this morning. His new dad is the son of a woman who adopted one of our very first fosters, 5-1/2 years ago.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bo-Success-1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	322822

  3. #7303
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Despite all the craziness and chaos going on these days, our foster Bo was adopted this morning. His new dad is the son of a woman who adopted one of our very first fosters, 5-1/2 years ago.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bo-Success-1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	322822
    That is awesome.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #7304
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,473
    foreverhomesmatter
    more of sheldons working friends

    yeti

    malu

    gater
    shindlers dog reece and I are tight
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  5. #7305
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,074
    Shitface has discovered a new safe place

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	333.5 KB 
ID:	323061
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  6. #7306
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,372
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Shitface has discovered a new safe place

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	333.5 KB 
ID:	323061
    Until you outgas from that ham sammie you had for lunch. I have repeatedly driven our dog away with ham sandwich farts.

  7. #7307
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,745


    This is our foster fail, Pepper. With us 4 months now. Sheís a sweetheart and I couldnít have asked for a better first dog (my wife has had several). During this time of self-isolation, itís great to get out on walks with her. Sheís loving the work/school-from-home situation.

    Question to the veterans out there... our groomer is closed and sheíll be due for a bath soon. Iíve never given a dog a bath before. We have both a bathtub/shower and a double stall-sized walk-in shower. Any suggestions/tips on where/how to give her a bath? Also, any recommended products?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

  8. #7308
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    6,121
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post


    This is our foster fail, Pepper. With us 4 months now. Sheís a sweetheart and I couldnít have asked for a better first dog (my wife has had several). During this time of self-isolation, itís great to get out on walks with her. Sheís loving the work/school-from-home situation.

    Question to the veterans out there... our groomer is closed and sheíll be due for a bath soon. Iíve never given a dog a bath before. We have both a bathtub/shower and a double stall-sized walk-in shower. Any suggestions/tips on where/how to give her a bath? Also, any recommended products?
    Do either have the hand held shower head? Iíve found that helps a ton. I use an oatmeal based shampoo on our pup thatís made specifically for dogs but baby shampoo should work on a pinch.

    Normally I jump in the shower with her and just plan on getting wet. Itís better than trying to stay outside the shower and getting water everywhere.

  9. #7309
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Do either have the hand held shower head? I’ve found that helps a ton. I use an oatmeal based shampoo on our pup that’s made specifically for dogs but baby shampoo should work on a pinch.

    Normally I jump in the shower with her and just plan on getting wet. It’s better than trying to stay outside the shower and getting water everywhere.
    This is what I do, both dogs at once also. Johnson's Calming Shampoo (can't get Baby Shampoo anymore) has lavender in it and that is calming to dogs also.

  10. #7310
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,884
    ^the handheld shower head is clutch. Another good option is Dr. Bronner's soap if you don't want to go out to the store right now.

    I usually play a lot of fetch before a bath so the dogs are tired. Seems to help a little. Also, as soon as you are done, drape a towel over them before they start shaking. Otherwise you will have water and fur all over your bathroom in short order.

  11. #7311
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    ^the handheld shower head is clutch. Another good option is Dr. Bronner's soap if you don't want to go out to the store right now.

    I usually play a lot of fetch before a bath so the dogs are tired. Seems to help a little. Also, as soon as you are done, drape a towel over them before they start shaking. Otherwise you will have water and fur all over your bathroom in short order.
    I do the pre towel shake in the shower, Border/Aussie will do it on command, I have to blow in the other dog's ear. I generally bathe them after a hike or bike ride, tired dogs are better behaved. My dogs have been getting twice monthly baths since they were pups. There is never any drama.

  12. #7312
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I do the pre towel shake in the shower, Border/Aussie will do it on command, I have to blow in the other dog's ear. I generally bathe them after a hike or bike ride, tired dogs are better behaved. My dogs have been getting twice monthly baths since they were pups. There is never any drama.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F8367B5-245B-4235-A708-1530C941DF1E.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	323109

    This one does it on command too!

  13. #7313
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,366
    Name:  Bodie Smiling.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  49.8 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  14. #7314
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,961

    Doggie stoke

    So glad Bo got adopted!

    I also enjoyed this:
    ďDog is so happy his family is working from home he sprains his tailĒ

    https://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Fa...569074981.html
    skid luxury

  15. #7315
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,745
    Thanks all for the tips. Iíll try the walk in shower as that has a handheld shower head. Iíll report back here when done.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

  16. #7316
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,254
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Thanks all for the tips. Iíll try the walk in shower as that has a handheld shower head. Iíll report back here when done.
    Pro tip; wash the whole dog, but save the head for last. Once the ears get wet, heíll want to shake, so get him fully washed and rinsed first, then do his skull.

  17. #7317
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    2,456
    put an extra screen over the drain if you have one.... yer gonna get a lot of hair floating.

  18. #7318
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,601
    Question. Time has come to remove my dogs cone after being spayed. When we do she will attempt to aggressively chew on her arm where they shaved for operation. The cone prevents access. The hair is growing back. Problem is weíve had the cone on past the time needed to heal wound just to avoid her arm chewing. There has to be a better way. . Any tips or ideas?
    Thought about putting something awful tasting on the shaved arm. Maybe a sports wrap.

  19. #7319
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,962

  20. #7320
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Thought about putting something awful tasting on the shaved arm. Maybe a sports wrap.
    A bandage without a cone probably won't slow her down. I tried that once and came home to discover she ate the gauze and wrap.

    The bitter apple spray zzz posted helps.

  21. #7321
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,601
    Ok will try thanks

  22. #7322
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a parallel universe
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Ok will try thanks
    How is life with your little girl?

    Weíve been watching the IG feed for WRR, puppiezzz everywhere!

  23. #7323
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,074

    Doggie stoke

    Sometimes Shitface really struggles


    Attachment 323850
    Last edited by booner; 04-04-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  24. #7324
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,745
    I gave our dog a bath this evening. Besides a few shakes, she was pretty chill.

    Thanks for the tip on the hair catcher for the drain. It saved a few handfuls of fur from going down the drain.

    Oh yeah, I also trimmed her nails this afternoon. I watched the groomer hit them up with the sanding drum on the dremel at low speed. I figured it couldnít be that difficult. I was very conservative with the trim for fear of hitting her wicks.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

  25. #7325
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,230
    Day 16 with our covid19 adopted Border/Cattle mutt. He is really a good dog. Hard to believe we scored him. He sits, lays, shakes, fetches/drops now. His potty training is at 95 percent. His house dog skills are coming around and his nipping/biting play habit is getting better fast. He is 1000% off leash with collar on and is 95 percent on the boundaries of our fenceless yard. Always comes when he is called. Sadly Bridger keeps slowing down and his red blood cell count keeps dropping. Because of other issues he has and a completely baffled vet we have decided to just let him enjoy what time he has left.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •