Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3756
    Yup, 6 = 191. Lots of dirt roads in there. Some great singletrack too but guessing you're not looking for that.

Some great singletrack too but guessing you're not looking for that.
    Don't make me buy a trail bike. The garage is full and I have neither the time nor the money. I ride plenty of easy singletrack on my DRZ but probably not today as I'll be solo and first ride of the season. Just looking for some exploring and throttle time.

Sounds good, tons of exploring to do. There's some rock art to be seen out there too, some of it right along the road. Google is your friend but I think Buckhorn Wash is one of the common ones that doesn't require any hiking or anything, you could easily incorporate that into your loop.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Sounds good, tons of exploring to do. There's some rock art to be seen out there too, some of it right along the road. Google is your friend but I think Buckhorn Wash is one of the common ones that doesn't require any hiking or anything, you could easily incorporate that into your loop.
    Thanks for the tips. Looks like a cool area.

I didn't get into the Swell. I stopped at Rabbit Valley instead as darkness was the enemy. It was great to see that place with nobody around. I saw maybe 5 people in the campsites. Hipsters need to learn how to read "no camping" signs.

I did also ride in Five Mile Pass. I thought that was a great OHV ahead and a good camping resource in the SLC area. For those down for a bit more of an adventure ride, I found some great riding between Hwy 40 and the Yampa River going into Dinosaur. I need to go back with more time and get all the way into Echo Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I didn't get into the Swell. I stopped at Rabbit Valley instead as darkness was the enemy. It was great to see that place with nobody around. I saw maybe 5 people in the campsites. Hipsters need to learn how to read "no camping" signs.

I did also ride in Five Mile Pass. I thought that was a great OHV ahead and a good camping resource in the SLC area. For those down for a bit more of an adventure ride, I found some great riding between Hwy 40 and the Yampa River going into Dinosaur. I need to go back with more time and get all the way into Echo Park.
    Probably too much snow up high but mirror lake > strawberry res-diamond spring rd> skyline drive is a great ride

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Installed a new 4.7 gallon gas tank and knobbies on the WR this weekend. Ready for some desert time!

Take a right at Maybell yields nice results.

Driving to SLC today to go paragliding but taking my DRZ. Any suggestions for short dual sporty rides between Green River and Price? Also, the West Desert. I'll be down in Draper so that kinda zone.

Thanks
    We just rode chimney rock, and 5moh in the area you are describing this past weekend. twas great.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Take a right at Maybell yields nice results.
    I am the Hole in the Wall Gang. I know that area very well.

I am the Hole in the Wall Gang. I know that area very well.
    Is that the area off 318 where there are typically a ton of RVs/toy haulers all packed in together? We always see them on our way to float in Browns Park. Looks like some good riding around there. I'm sure it's one big party at night.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Curious as to why you’d consider sinking that much into the Honda upgrades vs the klx300? I’m leaning Kawasaki.
    Got a quote on the KLX300. Just over $7100 OTD. Only have one and are not willing to deal. That's $1300 more than I was quoted for the CRF300L. So if I upgraded the shock and fork on the Honda I would come out ahead and likely end up with better suspension than the Kawasaki.

^^^
    That’s just absurd. I think I’m going to wait a year or two and let the market come back to reality.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Is that the area off 318 where there are typically a ton of RVs/toy haulers all packed in together? We always see them on our way to float in Browns Park. Looks like some good riding around there. I'm sure it's one big party at night.
    You are thinking of Sand Wash. Browns Park is where the Hole in the Wall Gang, specifically Butch and The Kid where know to hide out when the Pinkertons tried to put the clamp down. I was riding on the south side of the Yampa.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    That’s just absurd. I think I’m going to wait a year or two and let the market come back to reality.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It's insane.

Went to a dealer and they quoted me $2700 otd for a crf50. $4500 for a klx110. And apparently they sell everyone they receive at that price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My honda 450 had loud pipes for about 10 minutes today. Good times.

Hey, any of you mags who've done long distance touring on your bikes: do you have cruise control? How much easier is it to put in long days with it? I have had it as a must-have for a new bike, but I can get a screaming deal on a bike without it.

Never felt I needed it.

There are loads of different throttle locks you can install to use while slabbing to give your right arm a rest

I have a throttle lock that I never use, even for big big days. But, I do find my crampbuster absolutely essential for my wrists and tendons.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I have a throttle lock that I never use, even for big big days. But, I do find my crampbuster absolutely essential for my wrists and tendons.
    This is a great example of YMMV. I have a throttle lock on my R1150GS and do find it helpful on long days, and sometimes even for shorter days if I want to (for example) adjust the vents on my left sleeve.

I bought an RT with a cramp buster and am not a fan because of the way it changes throttle input with certain hand angles. Again, YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

How well does the bike track? Can you steer with your legs? You can take your hands completely off the bars and relax with a throttle lock If it does these well.

Cramp Buster is the alternative if you need more consistent input.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Thanks for the input everyone. I’d be nervous about a throttle lock because it has a DCT, so no way to just pull the clutch in if you get into a sketchy situation. I’ve never used a DCT or a throttle lock so maybe that’s not an issue. Cramp busters seem like a interesting option to explore.

Feels like there is some consensus around liking some sort of relief though.

It's pretty easy to override the throttle lock to roll off the throttle, some moreso than others.

It doesn't take much to hold the throttle steady.

This is all I've ever needed....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61x-GggYyrL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	374164  

Headed to moab this weekend to ride dirtbikes if anybody is interested.

Going to ride pritchett, so get ready to leave some metal out there.

Lower your tire pressure for Pritchet. Helps get you traction.